Thread: MP pets

We should reinstate 128091-second cast times for their comps too.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    We should reinstate 128091-second cast times for their comps too.
    Agreed
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

No 17.7 love?
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

No 17.7 love?
    We has 2 hr pet buffs incoming w/ 17.7...

But no 2 hr pet to run them on....

This makey the NM sad

And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....

*stumbles on here half asleep and a huge headache*

random bump lol

*returns to trolling mp forums*
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post
    *stumbles on here half asleep and a huge headache*

random bump lol

*returns to trolling mp forums*
    The solds are trolling MPs...

I feel odd

Quote Originally Posted by Norbal View Post
    We has 2 hr pet buffs incoming w/ 17.7...

But no 2 hr pet to run them on....

This makey the NM sad
    Maybe they're coming up with a better pet than Whiner that lasts two hours... Only you have to solo all 4 ai sectors to get parts of the crystal
    bai2u!

Maybe they're coming up with a better pet than Whiner that lasts two hours... Only you have to solo all 4 ai sectors to get parts of the crystal
    Phew, and here I was worried it'd be hard.

Norbal and Chrys I'm still with you bumping this thread til we get long duration pets or fast casting pets. More time playing,less time casting!

zomg im back and this thread is still here

ok lemme get this straight, you got liek tha best AS wepon ingame (caps AS 100%), you get evades as good as fixers and MAs, you get a root/snare resist as good as advys (even better), you get 3 (three, tree - thats advy morph right?) pets...FFS thats more than engie, your pets can calm - thats like you charmed a crat or whatnot, they can do some crazy dmg and tank!1, + they heal you so you got like a heal better than any profession aside from doc and advy ofc, you get a dot that does some nasty dmg too, you are getting a 30% reflect with new patch and some insane AAD and now you want what?

ffs "The nanocloud briefly takes on a semi-physical manifestation of the caster's anger. "

wts reading skeelz guys, its not a perma pet, and thats why its so easy to cast btw.

anyway, bump for 45min lasting pets
    ?

The rest of our toolset is irrelevant to this.

Why?

Because making the attack pet last 2 hours has NO balance issues.

We covered that maybe 5 pages ago.

This is all about reducing the time spent casting our pets, making it last longer so we can do things like an entire mission, or a full raid with summoning the pet only once.

Let me ask you this: Do you have to spend 30 seconds re-equipping your guy every half hour? No? Sounds nice.

Anyways, BUMP.

If they'd make the MP pets last 2 hours, Carlo should last 2 hours too. In fact, all the gripes that revolve around the Rihwen applies to Carlo as well, except Carlo's casting is *capped* at 8 seconds so there's no theoretical chance of instacasting him either. You'd just need, what, thousands upon thousands of nanoinit to do it on the Rihwen, but still... ;p

Hate the 30 minute staying up time and the half minute cast time. :/

Bump for universal lowering of 30 second times on The Rihwen (and possibly other MP pets if they have the same thing) and Carlo! And bump for 2 hour duration on them both!
    Last edited by Swordbreaker; Nov 22nd, 2007 at 00:22:22.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

The rest of our toolset is irrelevant to this.

Why?

Because making the attack pet last 2 hours has NO balance issues.
    Where you see no balance issue the devs see many, thats why they put the 30min timer in first place.

And trust me the devs know more about this game than any of you do.

Edit: noobcakes
    ?

bump !
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

Quote Originally Posted by greedy View Post
    Where you see no balance issue the devs see many, thats why they put the 30min timer in first place.

And trust me the devs know more about this game than any of you do.

Edit: noobcakes
    Ah I see, blind faith in devs to always know what's best.

Unlike what you seem to be advocating, I like to attempt to have an effect on the profession's development.

And if you look, we've covered all possible balance issues already. We've covered varieties from a nano that increases the pet duration by 30 minutes/2 hours, to having insta-cast pets, to just plain old 2 hour pets. And to put it simply: It seems the 2 hour pets are option with no balance issues.
    The nano version could keep a pet out indefinately, and insta-cast pets would allow pet cycling like with the RK pets (and I believe FC came out and said they didn't want that).

So thanks for helping to bump the thread, and nice trolling, I'll remember to mock you in my will
    Last edited by Norbal; Nov 22nd, 2007 at 22:54:30. Reason: I can't spell "varieties"

Bump up to the first page, I had to search to the 3rd page to find it

Bump up to the first page, I had to search to the 3rd page to find it
    Meh you dug it out
    bump for 45min pets

Anyway why is it that ist always MPs that whine about game mechanics?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by greedy View Post
    Meh you dug it out
    bump for 45min pets

Anyway why is it that ist always MPs that whine about game mechanics?
    Dunno, I think it's cause we tend to notice them more. After all, when some are poorly done, they're vewy easy to find

Oh, and wtb 2 hour pets, paying 1 /leghump.

Bump for 2 hour pets.

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast