Thread: Redo turrets

Redo turrets

Well, tired to see people shot at point blank in apt and evade or nullify turretfire/specials.

A turret is something I consider only evadeable by the best of the best.

Therefore, fix AR of turrets to 3k, not caring bout any skill of the user.

Rework all specials to nullify the special blockers, which imho should only work with portable weaponry.

This means:
    • divide fling dmg by 2, but double the hits to compensate (maybe 100% proc on fling)
    • divide burst dmg by 4, but raise the number of hits by 4 (can be done with procs as well)
    • divide full auto dmg by 6, but raise the number of full auto hits by 6

Means that with one full auto, the target only has 1 spec blocker left if he uses the highest spec blocker which blocks 7 special attacks if I'm not mistaken.

The fixed and high AR will prevent people not supposed to evade turret fire (aka non-evade profs) to avoid getting hit, the splitted specials prevent abuse of special blockers to cap harmlessly a point when in front of a turret.

Turrets force a person to stay immobile at a point, prevents the use of the toolset of the prof of that player as well. This is a high enough trade-off to ask for such improvements imho. Besides, a mech easily eats through the apts anyways.

Ow, maybe add some effect like critical hits on turrets. Usually the dmg is capped when hitting a target, but make a critical hit break the cap of the point. Like the blast of the deflagration throwing the person away, and breaking the cap.

Would give a whole new meaning to BS at least.

/discuss
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    • divide fling dmg by 2, but double the hits to compensate (maybe 100% proc on fling)
    • divide burst dmg by 4, but raise the number of hits by 4 (can be done with procs as well)
    • divide full auto dmg by 6, but raise the number of full auto hits by 6
    in other words....give turrets a 12 shot alpha? LOL

I disagree...just bc 210's miss 220's in BS doesn't mean anything. And imo, BS w/o turrets is so much more fun.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Only fun if the people can hit each other.

But you take equally gimped or twinked people, and just because one is lower leveled than the other, he'll have less chances to succeed in pvp.
    Not fun at all.

And I consider turrets being part of BS. You don't want turrets? Go duel or do mass pvp on towersites would be the answer.

This topic is to prevent people nullifying the use of turrets, which were meant to be the ultimate offensive weaponry, on the expense of mobility and survivability.
    We usually call it WTF.
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

and just because one is lower leveled than the other, he'll have less chances to succeed in pvp.
    Not fun at all.
    so...your saying that level shouldn't affect turrets and a lvl1 should be able to hit a lvl220? I don't get what you whinning about. Just so you know, it's not really the fact that turrets are gimp, it's just that at 220 the majority of the professions can either evade, absorb, or outheal turrets easily.

Just think what you suggestion would do to lower level pvp. Everybody would be sitting around in turrets and twinking wouldn't matter abit.

I sit in a turret when I was gimp at 210 and farmed VP and didn't really care that I didn't kill anything and everything that crossed my way.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

There was a thread about this, and the conclusion was that turrets should be able to kill anyone who isn't in a mech, but have low HP so they can be killed by meched players quickly. Glass cannons, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    There was a thread about this, and the conclusion was that turrets should be able to kill anyone who isn't in a mech, but have low HP so they can be killed by meched players quickly. Glass cannons, so to speak.
    I guess whoever came to this conclusion didn't think of how having to mech up f's up a pet profession did they? That's why I never kill turrets because I'm a sitting duck for 2-3 minutes after i get out of the turret bc i have to recast and buff all my pets. Not only am I a sitting duck, thats 2-3 minutes that I don't get to enjoy pvp. So....no thanks.

A 210 in an APT shouldn't be able to kill a twinked 220. A 210 in a mech should be able to kill gimps and other 210's, which is how it works atm.
    Facebook

So, because a totally different game mechanic sucks you can't suggest to fix it but instead have to oppose other suggestions that would cause the mechanic you dislike to gain more incentive?

Yes meching up and losing your pets sucks but using that as a reason to keep turrets unchanged is quite absurd.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I'm crat, got pets too, and I'm forced to turret till I got something decent to work with, which means carlo especially.

But even a 220 twink shouldn't be able to nullify specials from turrets with blockers. Or evade point blank shots systematically. Outhealing is no problem, as it prevents capping anyways.

I understand why you defend your prof and your gameplay, but this sure ain't a balanced way of playing. You're just thinking egoistically here.

If we can take care of those aberrations, you don't got to care if you lose your pets when turreting or meching up.

If you don't wanna waste 3 minutes of your time on BS making your pets and buffing them, make extra shells to spawn a new set rapidly, so you only got to buff them. You don't need inv space anyways in BS.

To get back to my idea on the specials, we can also keep using the fling/burst/full auto on turrets, but make it more like perk damage.

For the explanation:
    Specials block the fling/burst/fullauto/aimed shot/sneak attack/fast attack/brawl type of damage (sorry if I missed one). So if the specials from turrets are all forced into just projectile damage, the blockers will have no effect to the anti-personnel turrets at all. Which means nothing has to be changed to the special mechanics, but only on the turret mechanics.

Would solve the problem of the people who can't evade turret fire but aren't harmed because they had blockers, which shouldn't work on bullets 10 times bigger than regular bullets for which the blockers were intended.

Another bright side on this is that your blockers aren't nullified, so if you can survive the turret fire, you can as well survive infantry fire as your blockers would be 100% operational (if you didn't get specialed before turret aggs you) when ya run away.

If I missed other parameters except egocentric "I can't enjoy BS pvp if I gotta rebuff all my pets for 3 minutes", please inform me.
    We usually call it WTF.

screw all that blocker BS just make it peirce reflects

If you don't wanna waste 3 minutes of your time on BS making your pets and buffing them, make extra shells to spawn a new set rapidly, so you only got to buff them. You don't need inv space anyways in BS.
    Gief MP's shells pl0x
    Facebook

Turrets need work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

The Flying-Engi is a ...MP...Bahaha

how about this...

regular attack is 100% hit from 2000-5000 no ACs accounted for, 1/1 attack time... FS burst FA can be evaded have AR based on lvl of turret operator 2200 AR at 210 3000 AR at 220... add AS(unavoidable and does 15k dmg/30%)

pierces reflects, nullity's, and shielding, removes absorbs on hit, removed special blockers

can still be out healed and is possible to avoid it...

maybe some debuff that has a certain % chance of landing that stops the person affected from capping points for 30 seconds to a minute

how about this. Stop qq. and work on your toon. turrets just slow down pvp and do not enhance it. Remove mechs, OS, and turrets from the game

Quote Originally Posted by Tzepesh View Post
    The Flying-Engi is a ...MP...Bahaha
    How should I know?
    We usually call it WTF.

It doesn't matter what profession I play, I try to look at everything equally from all professions.
    Facebook

Turrets isnt as simple a fix as everyone wishes they were. All vehicles would need a reworking. And tiers. So that every title level has a vehicle intended for them. At the moment its one size fits all, which means APT's are enormously powerful in the low game, and kind of sucky at the end - which is where all the complaining is.

Adjust it up, and it ruins the low game. Adjust it down and it makes the high game even worse.

Needs to be redone from formula.