Thread: Download Issues

Exclamation Download Issues

I'm going to make this short because I am sure there is already a solution out there.

Problem: AO won't install on this computer.
    Error Message: "Unable to connect to the network. Please try again later."

I have looked around and I found a page telling me I need to get a new download from FunCom... The thing is, there is no alternative download offered by FunCom.

Halp pl0x.

Fixed it. All I had to do was think "what could be stopping this download...?" then BOOM! It hit me... Trend Micro is off and I am installing at 1.5Mbp/s... Slow...

It finished downloading, no I can't click "Install" on the installer. -.-' Is there a fix for that?

Disable your antivirus/UAC (not advised) or make the AO installation file an exception in the AV rules.
    I still wonder when FC will realize how may people it's loosing due to this colossally retarded installation screw up, that makes most AV programs hang the installation while it's scanning this enormous installation file...

p.s. DO NOT INSTALL IN "PROGRAM FILES" !!!
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...