Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get pets on /follow by default

Get pets on /follow by default

I'm getting tired of spamming follow macro every time I zone and every time I attack a target. I don't get it why after I attack a target does the status of the pet has to move from follow to guard. They are a mess to control at Tara/wars because they keep attacking people of the same side.

So for the love of god/allah/thor/cthulhu/spaghetti monster please set pets to follow by default and not to guard. This is one of those minor fixes that you can do with ease and will make a lot of people happy.
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

stop oppressing your pets. they have feelings too you know.

Have they not already stated that they plan to tweak pet control as part of the rebalance? (or was it the new player experience?) That would suggest they are aware of this little problem.

I would also like to see a sort of aggressive/assist command or behavior for pets. For the times you are in a group killing many little mobs, as it is, you have to manually tell the pets to attack for each little mob (especially if you've activated follow or behind already, there's no way back but rezoning once you've done it) as /pet guard doesn't kick in unless you are being aggroed.

Oh, and it would be nice if you could choose your pet's default behavior, maybe via some radio button or something, because there ARE a few times when {stuff} hits the fan and you need your pets to react fast and take the agg, faster than you can target the offending mob capable of killing you in 2 hits, and hit the attack command.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 30th, 2012 at 15:50:52. Reason: obscenities
    Dat Nanomage posterior

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    you have to manually tell the pets to attack for each little mob
    Actually I have to spam my /pet behind /pet follow macro every 5-10seconds if I dont wanna pet go wild and bring zergillions to owner and rest of raid.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Took the flaming and personal remarks out of the thread. Let's start again without, please.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Back on 1st page

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Have a beautiful day. (bump)

Quote Originally Posted by Tessargi View Post
    Have a beautiful day. (bump)
    Why thank you good sir.

You are all beautiful! (bump)

How much work would it be to check the pet's state variable on zoning and saving it along with the other character prefs?
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

totally agree, pets should be on follow by default. bump
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Have a great day everyone! (bump)

I'd support placing a Pet settings subcategory in preferences were you can set your default pet behavior and maybe type in names for the various pets one might have. Additionally i would like some generic pet type definitions that would allow us to make macros like /pet [charm2] terminate. Even moar additionally ( additionallest would be over the top i think) a command ( or nano) that wipes the aggro list of all your pets would be kinda useful.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

std::cout << "Up you go";

Bump for this.... we don't want all the crats to be annoyed.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Hi, I know I just bumped you and this is crazy but here is my suggestion, implement it maybe?

I'd rather see it as an option, since I like having pets on guard.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    I'd support placing a Pet settings subcategory in preferences were you can set your default pet behavior and maybe type in names for the various pets one might have. Additionally i would like some generic pet type definitions that would allow us to make macros like /pet [charm2] terminate. Even moar additionally ( additionallest would be over the top i think) a command ( or nano) that wipes the aggro list of all your pets would be kinda useful.
    those 2 i added to the list, ul find em somewhere

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=589744

the wiping agg of pets might be overpowered, or maybe i misunderstood.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Personally i loved it when pets killed their master for simply zoning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast