Thread: Foremans

Foremans

This is one thing I've been wondering for quite a while.
    Foremans isnt used very often, some froobs still go there, and people come there for items. it didn't used to have a level lock, but like 5 years ago? they added the level 100 lock.

maybe that level lock is a bit redundant, seeing how its alot of work to make a level 100 twink, and it only has 1 purpose and isnt used very often.

thoughts?

My thought? Any decent nongimp leveling team at lvl 100ish can take down entire foremans. So it's perfectly working as intended. 2 weeks ago I soloed director on a 93 NT designed specieficly only for kiting borgs. That be a twink that costs 15mil and 1 day to make can solo foremans all of it save Rik-Rak, that one takes teamwork.

So it's neither expensive or hard. COH is a good example what happens then if level lock is removed. 220's running around and a zone becomes useless for people of intended level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I find Foreman's to be one of the best dungeons design wise. I love the setting to start with, but the mobs are plenty, give reasonably good xp, the whole thing has interesting, XP-giving and potentially challenging quests for newcommers. Lots of stuff dropping too, including rare disks. There's also the elite daily there that makes it even more appealing, and I guess that's why I usually see some people in there. You're saying that it's under-used, I don't really think so, I actually think it's one of the most-used dungeons on RK, on par with or maybe second to totw.
    The only thing I have to say is that it can lack a bit of challenge maybe, but I'm not sure it's a downside considering the level range it is intended for.
    Last edited by Thorneee; Oct 11th, 2012 at 16:26:47.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

i used to speedrun foremans for fun on my 100 crat. something like 13-16 minutes from entering the dungeon to seeing Remains of Lab Director. was pretty fun.

foreman was camped 24/24 by 220's farming pistols for the planet.
    a long time ago, it was the same in TOTW, we had 220s chain raping the fat one with his fuggly sword.
    level lock + no warp in totw, fixed.
    level lock + no warp in foreman, fixed.
    level lock + warp in CoH > farmed by 220s for cenobite weapons.

many peeps have or used to have a lvl 60 twink for totw, as now some have a lvl 100 twink for foreman.

i would go deeper in that way, and add more level locks on areas/dungeons (ie lock inferno to tl6, albtraum, etc , collector to tl7, lock step of madness to intended level, like inner sanctum, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by phybrizo View Post
    lock step of madness to intended level, like inner sanctum, etc etc
    Only problem is, by the time you grind thru th SoM dungeon and get stuff for your upgraded Neleb robe, you could be wearing a Reanimator cloak instead.

..and have 70+ lvl to go along with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

For SoM to become level locked it would have to be rescaled hard, but I'm not against it.

Foremans really just needs xp increases throughout the dungeon, and maybe some additional loot.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!