Thread: A Bit Discouraged... When Can We Expect A Update?

A Bit Discouraged... When Can We Expect A Update?

I am a somewhat amateur player, i have been playing for about 1 year total. I currently have a 210+ enforcer on rk1. I have a mixture of ql.300 ofab and chosen.

In the lower to mid levels i really didnt notice much of a problem with enforcer when it comes to DD and holding agro. Once i hit around the 200 range i really started to notice a drop in performance. Alot of our nano's like damage shields and mongo were things that we were able to use around 150. Can we ever expect additions to these nano lines? ... it seems a bit incomplete.

I started investing in the SL essence's, having alot of extra health is always a plus but the downside is the runspeed. It makes it completly useless in pvp and even alot of pvm encounters because you move like a turtle and cant keep up in mish's.

As for holding agro, i attend alot of raids whenever i get the chance. I can sit there spamming my mongo, taunts, whatever i have. But almost most of the time it is a soldier holding the agro. I basically feel like i'm wasting my time and my nano trying to get the agro from them.

When i actually have agro i feel weak watching my health go down so much, and this is with close to 30k health and my recently earned Dreadloch Endurance Booster - Enforcer Special. I mean what am i doing wrong? I have the health, the armor. On the other hand when the soldier has the agro it always seems like he/she is barely taking any damage. Makes me feel pretty obsolete.

As for damage, its mediocre at best. Most our damage relies on perks like reaver. I look forward to every update hoping we will be brought out of the prehistoric age. Thats why i am posting this here. I like the concept of the enforcer, a player with alot of health and being the one "on the front line" tanking. But it seems like other professions play the role better and even in some situations being told not to try and tank... let the soldier do it.

As for pvp, its widely dominated with aimedshot and full auto. Id love to enjoy pvp and not be alpha'd or rooted while the other player just laugh's. Where exactly is the balance? I know theres always room for improvment with a players skill and i am working on that. But currently i feel like a free kill without much effort involved.

I hear alot of players not playing their enforcer because of varius reasons. But id love to continue playing mine and dont want to have to reroll just because we dont get the proper balance and updates.

Can the enforcer community get some kind of a official reply if we are getting looked into? Or should i just level my soldier. Id like to know.

that soldier is in AMS w/o it they are gimpy

when ur 220 its all alot better trust me
    and for pvp u only need practice, on BS/Bor/Arena
    and as for dmg its good for me i OD/goes pretty even with most other ppls when i wanna deal dmg (but i got full merc an ****)
    and for tanking its not that hard... if ur using proc + spamming mongo/element of malice then most ppl should have a problem getting agg

and for the balancing..... we where balanced b4 17.1 that ruinated our lifes on rubi-ka... but we can still insta kill ppl

i suggest u level ur enfo to 220 and start working on ur AI armor and setup
    fk the soldier, as soldier u can only own for 1min and 20 with enf u can own 24/7

If anyone happens to have a auno.org equip profile so i could compare with that would be awsome. Just wanna see what i can look forward to .

Quote Originally Posted by angel2002 View Post
    If anyone happens to have a auno.org equip profile so i could compare with that would be awsome. Just wanna see what i can look forward to .
    We're on a bit of a down swing at the moment in our profession. Eedesti is right though, things do get marginally better at 220. Whatever you do don't stop levelling in th 210s. lvls 201 - 214 are just terrible for Enfs. Everything will start picking up again when your get to 215.

You are right though in some situations other professions do make better tanks than us. At least when its 1 on 1. Anything that has adds though and we're still king!

My Equip http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=17314
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Quote Originally Posted by angel2002 View Post
    My equip is in my sig also - feel free to take a peek (although some of my gear and perk setups are a little non-typical by choice, I feel it is an extremely good PVM setup)

FWIW, it does get better at 215+.

A lot of agg holding comes down to technique - mainly since our toolset is a big behind the times. Always make sure you are the first one to the mob, and the first one to hit it. Getting 1-2 mongos and 2-3 hits off before anyone else gets a chance to touch the mob makes a night and day difference in terms of how often you lose aggro. Also, cause of anger and arouse anger perks (in Mutate) are very powerful taunts, and are quite effective at getting you agg back when you want it. The recharge on those is a bit long, but they do help when you need them.

Basically, your ability to hold aggro from now on only improves by A) more mongoing and B) doing more damage. The taunt procs help, but they are not the ultimate cure if that is what you are hoping for.
    Last edited by Remm; Mar 20th, 2007 at 15:22:44.
    220/22/68 trox Enf Equip
    220/10 opi Shade
    207/13 nm Doc
    156/6 nm MP
    156/2 nm NT