Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Torrent Locations

Torrent for the small client on Bittorrent.com

http://www.bittorrent.com/users/resc...acfddcd1b77fb/

The large one is not out yet.
    There is no Knowledge that is not power.
    ~Sharmouta 4 ever~
    Sharmylee, 220 MA- Atlantean

Thank god ive been patching from client for about 4 hours...

Finally some reasonable d/l speeds

Red face

hehe ShadowHunter, stalking the thread?

Yep. the small one is up at bittorrent.com sadly the seeder software there did not make a identical torrent. (different packet/chunk sizes? or it could be because one is in a folder and other not!)

But the exe itself should be the same as the one in FC's own torrent assuming they use the original ftp file as well.

And yeah a checksum would be nice, but it would only make sense if FC/ARK posted the checksum for the exe.

A small update on the large client, the bittorrent.com torrent will e ready in *checks the bittorrent site* 3:22 hours so aprox 3 and a half hour, at least less than half.
    And for those wondering why it takes so darn long.. bittorrent.com is dl'ing from the ftp at a whooping 12KB/s *laughs*

I'm about to pass out here, not sure I can stay awake 3 more hours, so if someone here see both torrents appearing when you search for anarchy online at bittorrent.com holler in here so people know.

Some interesting stats for the official FC torrents too btw, I see in uTorrent there is currently,
    52 seeds and 23 peers for small client, and 630 seeds and 347 peers on large client.
    Now thats a very nice ratio there 2:1, assuming those peeps aren't too busy with other torrents things should go pretty fast, some peeps in irc mentioned 10 or 15min dl's even, nice.

So hosting it at bittorrent.com may be redundant/overkill, but.. it's nice to have a alternative anyway, I'm assuming there will e a rush in not too many ours when the europeans (like me) wake up, then there is "day two" rush for the US peeps that went to bed early this night and didn't get to dl/patch yet.
    Last edited by Gridfan; Dec 14th, 2006 at 10:21:02.
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

thanks for releasing the torrents FC makes the patch a lot less painful!

would like to see this become standard practice for the larger patches that we sometimes get.

Yay for 3 minutes instead of 3 hours, annoying you have to free space on C to extract it tho, would have been handier if i could have picked my own temp extract folder
    Last edited by Geitjemekker; Dec 14th, 2006 at 10:37:58.

full repatching

One tiny itsy probl...

Had to reinstall all crappy software on my HDD... Nerf power outage burnt my HDD..

However... lost my patches, and my patches CD is travelling a bit...

You can guess I had to install all over again.. but the patches until 16.4.4 from my humble 15.6.1 is sooo slow - less then 10kb... and this on a 2mb connection...

Any ideas? untill all patching is done, gonna grab some beers, celebrate my LE patch (got a friend delivering it)... but can't install it unless me got 16.4.4 locally

All the best...

Jekkill

PS1: wish they had an insta terminate button... so you can piss the hell out of pvp maniacs

PS2: the torrents were ubah cool

Finished dl from torent how does I seed?
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    If your all lucky, I can download it onto my ded server and seed at about 4-5mbps
    what happened here? im only getting 280ish kb/sec :P

Im seeding The ting does it all buy it self.. I think..
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Quote Originally Posted by Mitamina View Post
    Im seeding The ting does it all buy it self.. I think..
    heh, mine just finished, pathing resource database now

i love it, downloading much faster then the AO patcher, one prob though...im on dial-up and its still going to take forever, any ideas of how to get it quicker?

Going out for the day but I'll seed this all day.
    AO Addict

WTB Torrent of fully patched 17.0.0 EP1 client

Ya know, it is nice that the patches are available for small/large client 16.4.4-17.0.0 ... but would be better still if FunCom could also setup a torrent for the fully patched 17.0.0 client. Right now, their link for downloading the game client is for version 16.2.8.

If you're reinstalling, that means not only do you have to wait for that long download, but then you have to get additional patches to get up to 16.4.4 before you can finally patch up to 17.0.0. FunCom really needs to update their outdated full client (and even full small client) torrents over at: http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...rgeclient.html

This isn't an issue for me since I've not had to reinstall the whole thing, but I know a number of people are coming back and having to reinstall. It would be helpful for those people to have the option to just download the up to date client.

Feetus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345