Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you waiting for the new IGNbot?

Are you waiting for the new IGNbot?

Due to boredom, I present you the grand IGNbot activity list starting last year.
    If this list convinced you:
    An overview of different bots can be found here: http://aodevs.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
    BudaBot's installation process is similar to that of IGNbot.
    BeBot's installation process is documented here: http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/wiki/doku.php?id=install

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IGNBot activity from 2006.01.01 till today
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27.01.2006 - v193
    http://www.ign-central.de/forums/thr...p?threadid=140
    * New PvP Ranges
    * (item)(/item) dynvars
    * !help for IRC
    * some changes in the connection to the central.
    * the message a player receive when he invites himself or got invited have been changed.
    * !guestlist add/remove for IRC
    * !invite for IRC
    * fixed the problem with special character like: äöü in the relay from IRC to AO
    Great, so that sums up to about 1 hour work and as grand bonus he added exploitable IRC commands that allows unauthorized people to enter the bot ingame, grats

07.03.2006 - v194 coming soon!
    http://www.ign-central.de/forums/thr...p?threadid=166
    hooray, after a few months silence, announcing a new version!

20.05.2006 - v194 without features released, v195 announced!
    http://www.ign-central.de/forums/thr...p?threadid=193
    Is a small update in the IRC Access module.

The next update(195) will have some nice modifications for you , coming out soon.
    2 months later, v194 excluding the announced changes.
    Fixed 1 exploit in the IRC module, he was made aware of it months before that actually, but didn't fix till his own bots got exploited.
    Still remember that pretty well. My offline tell box was filled with people who's bot was abused. (Don't ask me why they /tell me about IGN. If i knew I'd do something about it) Luckiely the majority of them switched to BeBot.
    Ooh and he announced the new version to come soon!
    Maybe v195 will actually have the features we were promissed for v194.
    You know, that version that to this day still hasn't been released.

24.07.2006 - v195 coming soon! (again)
    http://www.ign-central.de/forums/thr...p?threadid=210
    after 2 months of silence we get... yet another new version announcement!
    Better hold your socks cause that new version is near now.. i can feel it!

01.09.2006 - v195 really close now!
    http://www.ign-central.de/forums/thr...p?threadid=222
    really, it's almost finished, I never lied about release dates before, never, ever!
    trust me, it's really gonna be released this time, I even have everything almost done!

22.12.2006 - v195 dropped, v200 coming soon!
    http://www.ign-central.de/forums/thr...p?threadid=251
    195 was a sucky number anyways, forget that one, we're going for v200!
    This time I even include a release date: 12.1.2007!
    I know, I announced this a year ago, but trust me, it's close! I even added some beta testers

12.01.2007 - v200 is erm.. coming soon!
    http://www.ign-central.de/forums/thr...p?threadid=251 (futher down)
    I know, today was supposed to be the release date.. but it's coming soon.
    Infact it's coming next week! Really!

22.02.2007 - Website down, v200 coming soon!
    http://www.ign-central.de/
    Today the site was taken down cause the new version is coming really soon!
    And as grand extra you no longer can find the download link or a link to the forum (not even from the bot itself, it points at the old url)
    But no worries, it's really coming soon this time, would I ever lie?
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Vhab just got a little closer to world domination
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Are you sad? Are you depressed?

Are you waiting for the new IGNbot?
    Then start checking bebot or budabot out!
    That's how your post should have been Vhab
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Quite the opposite, I'm enjoying this :P
    Formerly Vhab.

It is pretty funny though, 1 update for a whole year. People should really stop using it and let it die already. Oh, and you really must be bored

Vhab, Im sure everyone who uses bot can make their own conclusions. And those that run them can judge cons and pros for different types of bots.

Even if IGNbot is worst there is, there's no need for such post. Bad or good, as a community, we should support anyone who's willing to give something back to us, as long as it's not harmful. (Allowing non-members to get access to bot and use its commands to gather information sould, in theory, be considered harmful, but ALL bots are 3rd party tools not supported by FC and used on your own risk).
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Trgeorge: this post is not really about the quality of IGNbot, but rather about the "coming soon" announcements.
    I've been having too much of a laugh about them the last year, it would be a waste to not share the fun.
    Formerly Vhab.

Bitter vhab is bitter.

Well actually i can say from a developers point of view that vhabot is rather sexy.

but I STILL WANT TO SAY SOMETIHNG NEGATIVE ABOUT VHAB SO HES A BITTER EX ADMIN PERSON
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

I heard a rumour tha tthe next version of IGNBot is going to get a name change - it's now going to be called VistaBot

Of course, it's going to have none of the new features that were promised, will be twice the size of the old one, will pop up a "Are you sure?" window with every command, and force those running the bot to invest in all new hardware to run it

Cambo

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    We have a solution. Smith&Wesson!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    who are Smith & Wesson?

are they psychologist or something?

though, i hear someone named Colt might beable to help him....

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

But the question is, which comes first, IGN or DNF?
    Formerly Vhab.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    But the question is, which comes first, IGN or DNF?
    DNF?

/me blinks

Dude's Not Female ?

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

duke nuke'em forever.. which ironically takes forever to develop
    Formerly Vhab.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Ah yes, Smith & Wesson.... the original point-and-click interface
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

You know you've hit a certain plateau when you start flaming bots. Not the people in the bot, but the actual bot itself.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    You know you've hit a certain plateau when you start flaming bots. Not the people in the bot, but the actual bot itself.
    actually.. i'm not sure we're able to differentiate IGN from Amona.... they're both badly put together, and full of... crap.

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    I won't mind being known as "the guy that flamed IGN".
    The majority of the bot developers will agree IGN is a piece of crap, so no worries there.

During my time as raid bot admin, I've realized not everything is a popularity contest.
    Sometimes you need to make yourself hated to get things done.

Stopping people from using IGNbot is a good thing.
    Users are the biggest source of input, bug finding and feature suggestions a project can have.
    That resource is entirely going to waste on IGNbot and alot of users are left with a broken bot without the knowledge there are alternatives.
    If all these people are eventually made aware of this and abandon this dead project called IGN it will aid all other bots out there.

If anything, IGNbot is holding the community back. Keeping users in it's graps by spreading lies of new version releases for over a year straight.

IGNbot had it's glory and it's prime, but those days are long over.
    These days, all you'll see the authors (amona and holo) do is spreading lies and flames.
    IGNbot is a timebomb waiting to explode.
    Some day someone with bad intentions is going to find one of the many exploits and all hell breaks loose.
    IGNbot authors are aware of these exploits, but rather than fixing them they just added a bit more lies and flames.

On the bright side, one of IGN's many 'big brother' features allows us to see activity has actually been dropping lately.
    http://www.ign-central.de/list.php now shows 300 bots average (290 at the time of posting) lately, while last month it showed 400 during the same time frames.
    This is list also one of IGNbot's most dangerous features. If one of IGN's exploits became public, one would simply have to use that list for potentional targets.

I can't stress enough how exploitable IGN is.
    Even if you don't decide to switch over to a different bot, at least run your IGN bot on a froob account so you'll have nothing to lose.
    Also, if possible run the bot with limit access on the host machine and preferably on a machine you don't play AO on. (if it's comprimised, at least they won't steal your play account)
    Formerly Vhab.

I agree with you Vhab, IGN is dead (no more devellopement), IGN is not secure.
    For a new bot, i always suggest to put online an active bot like bebot or budabot.
    But for IGN users it's not simple to migrate from IGN to those bots because we have wrote some plugins or made some modifications we will have to do again if we start a new bot.
    For this reason, i stopped my migration and keep my IGN bot on a laptop and on a dedicated froob account. Perhaps (if i have time) i will work to but online a new bot but IGN works fine atm.

Even if IGN is dead, some guys attempt to solve (minor) problems there -> http://www.ign-central.de/forums/
    Igoros, Adventurer
    Igoroc, Enforcer
    Igorus, Keeper
    Igorac, Doctor
    Igoras, Fixer
    Igoris, Soldier
    President of Phoenix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast