Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who want GMS in City Shops ;)

Talking For those who want GMS in City Shops ;)

Now that we will finally have a bank in the player shops...after such a long time of begging and bumping on forums...dont ya think it would be useful for a GMS to be added there as well FC? For those people who like to have a shopping spree and run from city to city without having to go back and forth from a main city to player city every 10 mins....this would be very nice...that way..they can get what they want...when they want it instead of wasting time traveling back and forth....PLEASE FC! Give us a GMS in the Shops too

Fantabulous!

come on people... show your faces.
    We got half of it, now lets go after the rest.

woooo hoooo!!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

you usually have to whompah back to newland or wherever to get to the next city anyway

Quote Originally Posted by metaphysman View Post
    you usually have to whompah back to newland or wherever to get to the next city anyway
    ok say I'm in my city and I find something in my brand spanky new bank terminal that they so graciously just installed, and I'm like "jeez, I wonder if this Unreliable Sticky Tape is worth any thing."
    Man it would be soooo cool to be able to see what other people are charging for it while I'm right next to the bank in my shop.
    Call it what you will but this feature should be available in ql300 cities at least.

/me casts Unreliable Sticky Tape on the thread
    3305 Local

Yes I dont understand whe FC didnt put this in aswell along with the bank. It woud have saved us from another : omgbumpthisthread: raid
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

why do you want to nerf traders portable shop interface?
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

I dont see how that can hurt traders at all... Does traders get some spesial thrill, knowing everybody else have to run, zoon, run, zoon, run, zoon, zoon and back again, just to buy what them want from playershops?
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

I don't see how adding GMS to playshops would affect Traders either.

Using my shop interface when adding items to my own shop is a small fraction of the time that I use it. Most often, I already have shop items priceds before I go to add them anyway.

Matter of fact, having GMS in player shop would save me the trouble of remembering where I put the portable one
    Whatchuwant lvl 219 Trader (President Obsidian Order - we're recruiting)
    Able to do all known Tradeskills

Would be nice to have for those "few" times the item is sold just before you get to the shop. It's a little frustrating to see the nice shiney new item you wanted walking out of the shop after you completed the Whompa, grid, Yalm, run, walk to get there...returning only to find there is another at the same location

Well, I don't really see the harm in having a GMS in player shops, but if not that, then at least please can we select more than one item from the existing GMS's?

Oh, and can we have selected player shops highlighted on the PF map, too?
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

how bout a map upgrade that will highlight the shop your after green, once your inside the shop so you don't have to clich each one.
    Infinitus est numerus stultorum

Quote Originally Posted by talamakara View Post
    how bout a map upgrade that will highlight the shop your after green, once your inside the shop so you don't have to clich each one.
    This would be nice (though you can just turn on "show player names" and the shop you're looking for will have a green name over it). Things I'd like to see added to the shop system are:
    Ability to have items delivered to you, probably for a fee so the shop buildings aren't totally useless. Running to the far corner of PW/SFH to buy something sucks. Also, all our items are returned to us via gridspace when we die, so why shouldn't we be able to pay whoever owns the grid bandwidth to deliver items to us?

Alternately:
    Indication on your map of which shop terminal contains the item, and a compass indicator pointing in the direction of the shop building (make it blue or green so as not to confuse it with the orange one)

Another nice feature would be the ability to put up "buy orders" in your shop - select an item, QL range (if applicable) and the price you're willing to pay. No more spamming shopping for hours at a time with WTB/WTS slightly obscure item, just put up a buy order, and someone can travel to your shop, drop the item in like you would into an NPC shop terminal, and get the credits you were willing to pay for it. If it was an ideal world, it would also be possible to do this remotely for a fee.

stop being lazy.
    Threeze - 220/24/69 Neutral Fixer [Old New E], [Old Old E]
    Threezeley -220/17 Neutral Meta-Physicist
    Maytricks -218/18 Neutral Doctor
    Beautystrike -150/00 Neutral Nano-Technician
    Bloodred -150/05 Clan Agent
    Optimize -147/05 Omni Bureaucrat
    Maytri -120/02 Neutral Engineer
    Oneze -74/07 Neutral Fixer

another idea would be to have the GMS a city building upgrade or something.
    like maybe you would have to pay/hunt stuff for the parts

or just have it only in ql300 shops.

either way, bump.
    3305 Local

I'm sorry.

I can't let this sit on page 4 quite yet.
    pumb
    3305 Local

having a bank in the player shops GREAT!!.. a GMS just lazy lol .. Since there's always a whompah in the player city that zones you out to a nearby GMS anyways.

I can't think of anything detrimental to the game happening because of this.
    When the bank suggestion came about people thought it would draw attention away from major cities.

It's always something with you naysayers innit? :P

but it's not lazy? It's just convenient.

Think about why they put the bank in. They didn't do it because we're lazy.
    It's because lots of people wanted it and it makes a lot of sense. Why not have access to all of your items when you're filling your shop?

A lot of people want a GMS in there too. That makes sense to me.
    Specially with finding an item in the shop you just left & looking up prices, etc.

Maybe I forgot something or maybe I just realized I needed a certain item. Whatever.
    I mean we're at the shop already. Why should we have to go anywhere but to another player shop to continue shopping?

Seriously though. Page 7?
    Come on now.
    don't make me make them lock this thread too :P
    3305 Local

Bump!

I still dont undestand why there cant be already that gms terminal at playershops.
    It's just damn annoying to travel to pw to buy something then travel back to civilization just to notice that the next item you need is in the same f***ing shop you just left.

Or atleast add a terminal that you can use to browse the items in that particular playershop youre in atm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast