Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there true neutrality in ao?

Is there true neutrality in ao?

this thread is just for kicks, there seems to be a lot of neut hating/neuts flaming going on tonight, so i pose this question, is there true neutrality in ao anymore? and give it serious thought. To those of you who are going to respond "neutral doesn't mean we have no opinion, it means we hold no allegiances,etc" i say, give a real answer. and, since i'm sure wakeem is bound to post here, disregard his comments, as he is not neut, he's omni with a funky alignment. anyhoo, give your answer, yes, no, and why. (i'm insanely bored)
    It is the duty of the strong to protect the weak.

Yes, there are tons of true neutrals. You can see them sitting around in newland wearing a robe from ToTW, or in some cases, actual grown-up gear. They are commonly froobs, usually lowbies, and certainly unaware of the greater conflicts on rubi-ka, as well as on LoR (which is a far more active battleground).

It's impossible for anyone to get to level 220 and be active in any sort of pvm or pvp community without forming opinions of groups based on experiences with their members.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

<3 zally

and azza is totally right.

i didn't say anything about not developing opinions, but really, think about it, by the time a neut hits 220 can they still truly be neutral?

Quote Originally Posted by corev2 View Post
    i didn't say anything about not developing opinions, but really, think about it, by the time a neut hits 220 can they still truly be neutral?
    very hard for me
    li·bi·do (lĭ-bē'dō, -bī'-) n. pl. li·bi·dos ♀+♂= hm♪hm♪♥Yes!
    The psychic and emotional energy associated with instinctual biological drives.
    Sexual desire. Manifestation of the sexual drive.
    [Origin: 1890–95; < L libīdō desire, willfulness, lust, akin to libēre to be pleasing]
    WolfHound W.H.O
    [
    [DoctorWhite]: Between 1b and real life friends which will you chose ? (Eyei, Whitesnipe)
    The story bout RL friend choosing 1b over friends
    Dr. White <----- May Money Be Your Only Friend and Comfort
    Stat-buffing implant ql250.Blitzin service, QL200 Grafts and stuff
    Libidowolf's Trip to find Felonwolf!

Can a member of the clan truly be clan by the time they hit 220? I don't see many tartans and bagpipes in Old Athen...
    Syy

Hmm....I don't think teaming with a clan or omni has to affect how you think about them... Of course if you find yourself choosing people from a certain alignment for your teams yes you aren't neut completely anymore but as long as you treat both sides the same I don't think it's impossible. I don't think joining omni bots makes you an "omni" neutral either. Neutrals just have no other choice about that matter.
    Ayse "Millerna" Teyze (Level 220 / AI 23) Opi Agent - Retired
    Tecavuzcu "Duneprime" Coskun (Level 213 / AI 17) Sol Advy

Omni-Tek is my friend.

on rk1 i managed till about lvl 150.. i mean ya.. i liked omni bter as a whole.. cause clan got on my nerves more.. but like this lil omni punk was the one that got to me the worse.. so i was pretty neut then.. on rk2 tho (205 shade) .. no.. its impossible for me.. clan on rk2 are spawn of satan except for 2 of them.. and i guess its about as wrong but i still dont judge individuals based on thier side.. i judge the side based on the individuals.. so i dont automatically write clans off.. just almost

you've obviously never met me sacra i'm nice to everybody long as they're respectful to me.

off to sleep with me, mods can close the thread if they want, it was just here so i could do something while i waite on servers to come back up -_- nerf servers constantly going down on my days off. i'll have me a nice deep drunken sleep, have fun folks and hey wakeem ..I.. ya bloody omni posing as a neut. XD wtb more beer.

Ask Wakem he is a true and very proud nueteral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    The point is, playing an agent needs more skill.

Well, if you're neutral, dont whine about not being able to change to clan/omni past 200... please

hehe
    Last edited by Joachim; Sep 24th, 2006 at 20:02:44. Reason: Omni Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
    Well, if you're neutral, dont whine about not being able to change to clan/omni past 200... please
    Yup, because it takes so much skill and dedication and knowledge of how the game works to reach level 200. You can tell by all the LFT people wearing carb and sekutek in pen garden.

(very happy lifelong neutral here)
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

I can say that most of my org is true neutral, since we believe the conflict is a stalemate and not worth continuing...But it seems like there are people on both sides who believe they can win and nevermind the consequences or the odds...

We don't pvp for the most part...
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

True Neutral is the one who can do whatever he likes

I like to raid with Omni, because Clan do not allow me to raid with them.
    I like to pvp and kill whoever I like.
    I like to be Neutral the way I see it not the way others want me to be.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

this thread is just for kicks, there seems to be a lot of neut hating/neuts flaming going on tonight, so i pose this question, is there true neutrality in ao anymore? and give it serious thought. To those of you who are going to respond "neutral doesn't mean we have no opinion, it means we hold no allegiances,etc" i say, give a real answer. and, since i'm sure wakeem is bound to post here, disregard his comments, as he is not neut, he's omni with a funky alignment. anyhoo, give your answer, yes, no, and why. (i'm insanely bored)
    Yes, there are true neutrals in the game. The people who think there aren't misunderstand the idea of neutrality. Neutrality to an extent depends on other parties allowing you to remain neutral toward them. If there are 2 sides fighting and a group of disinterested bystanders, and one side starts punching all the disinterested bystanders in the nose, pretty soon they have an interest in the conflict.

The people who are punching the bystanders haven't got the right to complain that the bystanders dont like them. If they would stop treating them that way, and make an effort to make reparations, perhaps the relationship can become neutral again. Perhaps it can't.

Personally, I'm utterly neutral in my response to anyone I don't know, just a little more friendly to other neuts. I take it for granted that omnis will usually be nicer to me than clans, but don't approach the clans with attitude until they prove they fall under the sterotype. At which point my usual response is refusing to interact with them.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Yes, there are true Neutrals.

Supporting blabla:
    I can't be beaten into choosing a side. Any side may punch my nose all they want, it does not change the fact that I am Neutral. Neither will I help any sided with the punching. If Clan demands that I help them against Omni before they will offer friendship, I won't - in exactly the same way that I won't help Omni against Clan should they demand it. For me true neutrality means that I won't take part in the sideds war efforts or join their ranks, including alts. Do I have to raid with Omni to access certain game elements? Yes. Does that in any way mean I dislike Clan, or mean I will defend Omni towers? No.
    end-of-blabla

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    Yes, there are true neutrals in the game. The people who think there aren't misunderstand the idea of neutrality. Neutrality to an extent depends on other parties allowing you to remain neutral toward them. If there are 2 sides fighting and a group of disinterested bystanders, and one side starts punching all the disinterested bystanders in the nose, pretty soon they have an interest in the conflict.

The people who are punching the bystanders haven't got the right to complain that the bystanders dont like them. If they would stop treating them that way, and make an effort to make reparations, perhaps the relationship can become neutral again. Perhaps it can't.

Personally, I'm utterly neutral in my response to anyone I don't know, just a little more friendly to other neuts. I take it for granted that omnis will usually be nicer to me than clans, but don't approach the clans with attitude until they prove they fall under the sterotype. At which point my usual response is refusing to interact with them.
    I wouldn't call an org neutral who'd take towers from clan, seriously. (and taking extensive omni support with that)
    Ayse "Millerna" Teyze (Level 220 / AI 23) Opi Agent - Retired
    Tecavuzcu "Duneprime" Coskun (Level 213 / AI 17) Sol Advy

Omni-Tek is my friend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast