Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Agent Profession - Concerns/Wish List (Final Draft)

nice work Onlyman, thought you were gone for a while

I just hope our main bugs get fixed, I cannot ask for more. With your help I hope FC will get around to fix them.

I would like agents to be able to gain access to the other sides broadcast channels, perhaps able to hack into enemy team/org chats and spy on information the other side is talking about, you'd find a lot more agents camping around in enemy territory actually being agents, and would add a whole new level to Notum wars.

I'm not talking about global or even city wide access, but more for a vicinity around the agent, being able to listen to all any chat channel of anyone talking nearby.

Might seem unbalanced at first look, but both side would get the advantage.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Aug 22nd, 2006 at 11:33:26.

Another nice change would be an increase in the AS cap, with SL mobs having as much health as they do, it can be very annoying to hit a 13k AS only to have a Soldier come along and OD you almoast instantly.

Ask for lots, Settle for less, On that note

Not really an agent only request, but instead of giving access to Support symbs for agents, why not add in five new classes of symbiant, Thrak Symbiants, I've noticed that all of them seem to be Support unit Aban, Exterminator Unit Aban, Control Unit Aban, Infantry Unit Aban or Artillery Unit Aban, which if you ask me is clan biased

Why not add in Support unit Thrak , Exterminator Unit Thrak , Control Unit Thrak , Infantry Unit Thrak or Artillery Unit Thrak, and balance out the proffession access a little more, Metaphysicists can access three different types, why not everyone else, even give the shades a bit of loving and let them get the Infantry Unit Thrak, since they seem to get the infantry ring anyhow.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Aug 23rd, 2006 at 10:38:39.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Oh and my take..

Please change the tracer of the Razorback, right now its like an arrow pointing towards us sayin "AGENT THERE!!!"

VV

I been thinking hard about what to add to this totally great list and its not easy.

My view is that agents are both totally uber and broken at the same time both in PvM and in PvP a lot of the current wish lists cover this.

More than anything else I want FC to review their stance on Mimic, the fact is somebody said that mimic is dead a long time ago (it was Gaute in a devchat about SL).

If mimic is never to be improved on then give us something else that is actually a viable alternative for something, its classic 1/2 assed design at the moment. Lets imagine mimic didn't exist just for a moment, in that case an agents only viable non-offensive option is to sneak or run, this is a very poor toolset even compared to NT's or Traders.

I would love to see an attempt to fix this 1/2 assed design issue, in my opinion the best way to implement this would be in the shape of some nano's that have a "visual-profession: agent" req to cast. In terms of what would be appropriate for agent these are the kinds of things that I have in mind:

The Wit of Taren:
    Desc: You become almost transparent and most of your bodily particles disintegrate.
    Duration: 30 sec - lock out for 90 secs
    Effect: Increases all evades by 1000 points, Increases Nano Resistance by 1000 points. Resistance to root/stun/snare increased by 80%.
    Req: Visual Prof=Agent, 1580 MC, 1580 MM, 1380 SI

Tap of the Assassin:
    Desc: Your enemy becomes your lifeblood!
    Duration: 30 sec - lock out fo 90 secs
    Effect: Life taps your target by 1000 pts on a 50% proc. E.g. target drained 1000hp you gain 1000hp
    Req: Visual Prof=Agent, 1680 MC, 1680 MM, 1400 BM

And more stuff like that, plz. Either that or re-think mimic, enhance it and add some more nanos too it.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

I'd Agree Mimic's deffinetly need some work, many useful Nano's that an agent could cast on RK have been locked out of SL, and while the proffesion that gets the nano has a replacement for it, the agents end up losing out

For examples: the Soldier Reflect Shields, soldiers get an aura to replace the long term one, but it's soldier cast only.

Are the dev team activly trying to destroy FP/AP/MP Nano Lines?
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Aug 23rd, 2006 at 10:38:13.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil
    Are the dev team activly trying to destroy FP/AP/MP Nano Lines?
    I honestly believe they aren't trying to destroy them, Gaute once made a statement that they were discontinued and wouldn't continue to be improved. But as I said nobody ever followed through with any viable alternative toolset.

Because of mimic etc. agent is I think an unbelievably hard profession to balance and I can understand why the dev's have a tough time of this. For instance I honestly believe that for a while agents were supposed to have Acrobat in the original perk design, however when they coupled the idea of acrobat with CH or acrobat with TMS they couldn't make it work from a balance point of view. If they take mimic away they realize they are taking too much away but if they give agent something then they think about it combined with some mimic capabilities and figure its overpowered.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

I would like to see a few things.

0) Fix our procs stacking bug!

1) AS Cap 20K: With our one use special, we have one shot to make tons of damage. I would like to see the AS cap raised to 20K. That would raise our dmg in pvm a little, without being overpowered in pvp (we can cap AS anyway).

2) Ruse 4 - 800 Conceal: Again, AS is a good portion of our damage. When we cant sneak from mobs, we basically are hopeless in terms of damage. We need an extention to our ruse line. This should be castable at TL5, when you dont have enough conceal to AS even regular non boss mobs. Again, good for pvm and wont affect pvp as we can sneak from everyone anyway.

3) TTS2: Self only 6% Crit 140 AS: Another way to increase our damage. Basically an extension of the TTS line, with mimimal increase to AS. But the difference is the 2% increase in crit modifier. This will increase our pvm dmg slightly, but not overpower us in pvp, where the 1/2 crit takes effect. It should be self only in order to not over power ma's who dont recieve the 1/2 crit nerf in pvp.

Horrible
    I am Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ookami
    ...thought you were gone for a while
    That I was, for complications I had in RL, hehe.

On topic. All your input is noted and updated!
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

Death Strike - Needs the stun requirement removed as well as the %hp increased to 25% or removed entirely. Needs to be much much faster too. I never get to use this perk.

Assasinate - Needs to have the %hp raised/removed as well, and made much faster to execute. Most of the time a mob is dead before this perk finishes.

Aimed Shot - Long over due that this special be made re-usable in PvM and its damage cap raised to 15k to put it on par with soldiers. If you could find a way of lowering AS to 10k for non-agents while doing this, that would be great.

Evac nanos - Make them last 5 minutes at least, this would give us a tool to cross hostile territory for intel purposes. Otherwise remove them, their existence as is annoys me.

Agent Scope - Agents are supposed to be the masters of ranged weapons, we should have the best scopes. Mostly what bothers me here is the fact that I will have a much lower Ranged init then a melee prof will have Melee init yet they get the same range benefit from it, and some of them have insane range. Crits are not the issue. You cant fix the old ones, I would just like to see a hack to the Vision enhancer that removes the -ranged init and makes it agent only. Nordop too I suppose, dont need anymore lowbie twink items in game imho.

The first 3 options would go a long way in making me happier with my agent, oh and ofc the fix to the Proc stacking.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Death Strike/Assasinate - this is annoing most for me, FC gota remove stun req and change hp to 25%, becouse with this 5% i admit i had few situations when this finishes pvp target but never in pvm if not soling, becouse normal mobs usualy die too fast and boss who could be hited by this like smug resist it

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGimpy
    Agent Scope - Agents are supposed to be the masters of ranged weapons, we should have the best scopes. Mostly what bothers me here is the fact that I will have a much lower Ranged init then a melee prof will have Melee init yet they get the same range benefit from it, and some of them have insane range. Crits are not the issue. You cant fix the old ones, I would just like to see a hack to the Vision enhancer that removes the -ranged init and makes it agent only. Nordop too I suppose, dont need anymore lowbie twink items in game imho.
    More init means more shots, and in pvp more shots mean more dmg from shields witch isn't nice with ouer tiny hp's, would prefer more new rifles with resonable dmg becouse what we have atm is just sick weak compare to other profs.

another thing i just thought of...

during ai raids, the ability to use an AS on anything other than a hacker is totally crap, having well over 2500 conceal, i can AS a hacker every time but any other alien having a lower level than the hacker i cant come close because everything knows im there?
    Mouadiib - Crat (220) - Main
    Crishian - MP (220) - PVP MP
    Willitankit - Enfo (220) - I wanna sammich!
    Haliy - Doc (220) - Research galore... fun fun :/
    Xaii - Agent (220) - In hiding
    Vindeta - Engi (220) - TS Engi
    Vindetta - Soldier (220)
    Nisset - Shade (220)
    Mouaa - Trader (220)
    Rochambau - Froob Fixer (200)
    Lliaa - NT (126) - Ely kit xp powerlever
    Miserii - MP (100) Formans twink
    Kahluafix - Fix (60) GA3 totw twink

Quote Originally Posted by SgtShadow
    Death Strike/Assasinate - this is annoing most for me, FC gota remove stun req and change hp to 25%, becouse with this 5% i admit i had few situations when this finishes pvp target but never in pvm if not soling, becouse normal mobs usualy die too fast and boss who could be hited by this like smug resist it

More init means more shots, and in pvp more shots mean more dmg from shields witch isn't nice with ouer tiny hp's, would prefer more new rifles with resonable dmg becouse what we have atm is just sick weak compare to other profs.
    You would have the option to not wear it My thinking was to allow agents to get to full def a little sooner than they are. It really bugs me that as the supposed top long range weapon profession we suffer the same punishments for using a scope as others. An Enforcer will end up with great range and better inits with a weapon that is faster to begin with. makes no sense.
    Last edited by AgentGimpy; Aug 23rd, 2006 at 18:22:31.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Mimic - Mimic needs to be re-castable while still in it. I think that should be a fairly easy change to make by simply adding "Agent or Visual Profession Doctor[or whatever that mimic is]" to each of the mimic/fp nanos. That really wouldnt be too much work would it?
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_pile
    another thing i just thought of...

during ai raids, the ability to use an AS on anything other than a hacker is totally crap, having well over 2500 conceal, i can AS a hacker every time but any other alien having a lower level than the hacker i cant come close because everything knows im there?
    Yes, it is about time agents got a new boost to conceal, Ruse4 would be good, or perhaps it can be a mod on our new scope
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Can we have a ruse without the shrinkage?

Seriously. Ruse makes you look stupid. It does.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah

True.
    220 clan agent @ Rimor

anarchy-online.pl

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGimpy
    Mimic - Mimic needs to be re-castable while still in it. I think that should be a fairly easy change to make by simply adding "Agent or Visual Profession Doctor[or whatever that mimic is]" to each of the mimic/fp nanos. That really wouldnt be too much work would it?
    That was already noted on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah

Bizzare idea; I'll bite.

Updated.
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast