Thread: Getting ql200 G-staff on without spending IPs?

Getting ql200 G-staff on without spending IPs?

I am NOT melee profession Yet Im curious if I can get it on. Base skill is about 220. The reqs are about 850 2h blunt and up to 550 in other melee skills. Let's do some math. Is it possible?

of the skills you need to raise, Fast attack is the one that is the least buffable. you will not be able to get 476 in Fast attack without spending any IP.

1HB is pretty buffable in terms of perks, wrangles, and buffs. Get Brutal thug from an enforcer for 87 1HB

Sneak attack is buffable from fixer buffs like back pain

I can't remember them all right now, but as it is, you will have to spend IP in order to get 476 fast attack.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

2HB not 1HB regi :P.

2HB:

Brutal Thug +87
    General Nano +20
    Wrangle +131 to +153
    Trickle Buffs - Yada Yada

MA:

Martial Arts Mastery +60
    Lesser Controlled Rage +12
    General Nano + 20
    Wrangle +131 to +153

Sneak Attack:

General Nano + 20
    Back Pain +64
    Unexpected Attack +30

Brawl:

General Nano + 20
    Dirty Fighter +45

Fast Attack and Dimach: Gen Buffs and Trickle.

Since you claim to not be a Melee proffession I doubt you're prof has any self-only buffs for these skills so that would be it.

Fortunately, none of the main things you'll be implanting clash so you get the effect of Triple Imping for all of the skills (2HB/MA/Brawl/Fast Attack) which should aid in bringing down the amount of IP you need to invest.

Since you're putting this on, presumably for twinking, I assume that you have or can have expensive items at your disposal... such as Full Strong which would be +210 to all the needed skills. It looks very doable to me getting it on without much if any IP spent, partially dependant on whether you can get Strong and what QL implants you can equip however.

More Info would be of great aid. Level, Alien Level, Profession and what you have and haven't at your disposal especially.
    RK2: Feelthelove. Atrox Adventurer L212/17: Equip | Pics: 1 2

Willowwhisp over on the Age of Conan Forums, waiting for the game with drool dripping out of my mouth.

Shiroi hada ni kuruu ai to kanashimi no RONDO

ok here goes:

220 soldier, 12 ai levels so far, but not going to perk anything for melee skills, actually im moving towards perking both solitus genomes. yes I can get full set of 300 strong/whatever armor

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus
    ok here goes:

220 soldier, 12 ai levels so far, but not going to perk anything for melee skills, actually im moving towards perking both solitus genomes. yes I can get full set of 300 strong/whatever armor
    If you cna get Full Strong/Merc you've made your life a whole lot simpler then You should be able to slap in QL250 Imps so you're looking at +246 or more boost to all the "difficult" (aka not dimach) skills.

+246
    +210
    +20
    = 476

So you have 476 for all your melee skills. Add on top of that the aforementioned buffs and it should be a breeze, all you gotta do is go through the agony of bltizing all those imps

Willowwhisp over on the Age of Conan Forums, waiting for the game with drool dripping out of my mouth.

i was close, at least I got the buff right
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc
    i was close, at least I got the buff right
    Go you :P *passes out a ^5*

On another note Walrus, if you're a Pistol Solja you could've saved yourself ALOT of grief and just gone dual: MTI VP300 Red s. Caseless, +30 a piece

Quote Originally Posted by Feelthelove
    If you cna get Full Strong/Merc you've made your life a whole
    lot simpler then You should be able to slap in QL250 Imps so you're looking at +246 or more boost to all the "difficult" (aka not dimach) skills.

+246
    +210
    +20
    = 476

So you have 476 for all your melee skills. Add on top of that the aforementioned buffs and it should be a breeze, all you gotta do is go through the agony of bltizing all those imps
    will ql200 do? ;p but well, at least it's doable...

will ql200 do? ;p but well, at least it's doable...
    It probably will

Quote Originally Posted by Feelthelove
    Go you :P *passes out a ^5*

On another note Walrus, if you're a Pistol Solja you could've saved yourself ALOT of grief and just gone dual: MTI VP300 Red s. Caseless, +30 a piece
    hell no, I am TRUE soldier, so no gay pistols, blue dildo, baby!

hell no, I am TRUE soldier, so no gay pistols, blue dildo, baby!
    True Soljas go Melee *points to Silverstone as proof*

Should be doable without any IP spent.

Buffs:
    Sneak - Unexpected Attack (30, Agent), Backpain (64, Fixer), Comp.Melee.Special (20) - Total 114
    Brawl - Dirty Fighter (45, MA), Comp.Melee.Special (20) - Total 65
    Fast Attack - Comp.Melee.Special (20) - Total 20
    Dimach - Comp.Melee.SPecial (20) - Total 20
    Martial Arts - Martial Arts Mastery (60, MA), Comp.Melee.Special (20), Top Umbral (153, Trader) - Total 233
    2hb - Butral Thug (87, Enf), Comp.Melee.Special (20), Top Umbral (153, Trader) - Total 260

Gear:
    Full Set of QL300 Strong, or strong-based armour - Total 210
    Brain Pearls (Neck, Left Shoulder, Left Finger) - Total 9
    Hammered Gold Ring (Right Finger) - Total 3
    Implant Setup:
    - 210 2hb
    - 210 Sneak Attack
    - 210 Martial Arts
    - 210 Brawling
    - 210 Fast Attack
    - 168 Dimach

This gives us a total of:
    - 692 2hb (-164)
    - 677 Martial Arts (+106)
    - 536 Sneak Attack (+60)
    - 452 Fast Attack (-24)
    - 497 Brawl (-74)
    - 410 Dimach (+219)

YOu say you have 220 base 1hb, so I'm guessing you're at or near to the shadowlevels. In which case your trickledown from innate abilities should makeup the defecit in fast attack and brawl, and if not you can always get buffs like comp.att, Behe and IC to raise these skills (can't be bothered to do all the trickle-down maths right now).

Obviously if you can't get hold of a full set of QL295+ strong you will have to start spending IP, but in theory it is doable without any spent.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

As a 220 soldier it might be easier to equip two O.E.T. Co. Urban Sniper Kaiser for 60 agi, considering you are probably wearing ranged skill armor and have shotgun buffs - multiranged is nice to IP a bit for buffing weapons anyways even if you ain't a pistol soldier (and you should have near 650ish at least from full AI armor, decent symbs and trickle), and Kaiser multi req is much more reasonable than MTI.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker
    As a 220 soldier it might be easier to equip two O.E.T. Co. Urban Sniper Kaiser for 60 agi, considering you are probably wearing ranged skill armor and have shotgun buffs - multiranged is nice to IP a bit for buffing weapons anyways even if you ain't a pistol soldier (and you should have near 650ish at least from full AI armor, decent symbs and trickle), and Kaiser multi req is much more reasonable than MTI.
    haha yes you;re absolutely right thanks