Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: agent soloing

agent soloing

How is the agent for soloing after lvl 200. For example can agents solo stuff in inferno?

yepp...not everything but a lot. most importantly spirit/trainer.

Agents with a good PvM setup solo very very well.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

At 220 Agents can solo almost everything in inferno, I'd say we're either second to doc pretty damn close it - just because of ubt. On my agent I've solo'd all the 250 mobs easily enough even w/o reflect at times. The only mobs that've given me trouble were the biggots, which will probably kill you if you fumble or don't land ubt at first.
    Last edited by Blackcradle; Jan 24th, 2007 at 22:16:15.

I've found the perk snares from the assasinate line and the Black Ops Line are a great help for soloing, hit the mobs with them and then retreat and the mob moves to where you were and no further, allowing you to shoot the mob for a considerable amount of time without getting attacked back.

Carefull layering of the two snares allows you to heal up (with Mimic Doc) while the mob is snared, take a few hits while waiting on recharge and then snare again for more time without being attacked.

One of the snares even lasts long enough to allow you to rerun a mimic if it annoyingly runs out in the middle of combat.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

yep i use tranq and soften up for just that. also i use root grafts if i need a few more seconds to get mimic back or a stim unlocked etc.

btw root graft in mish is nice too

oh another btw the shot acts as a snare/root also. hit the mob with it while mob is standing in one spot..after it lands then retreat and u got a temp root till perk wears off giving u more time to spread out tranq and soften up.

If I may expand this a bit but still in topic.(I did search but its small tidbits and since this is a post-LE thread)

Considering you have mentioned that agent can solo things pretty darn well in inferno well from what you guys have mentioned....but....

What about soloing AI raids(City not LE missions though), I know mimic doc gives us a huge advantage and using OBs like RRFE, HnQ, Assurance etc.etc. helps alot but considering that aliens are pretty damn tough.

How do we fare against aliens? Is there a tactic of some sort(snare run back or take the hits and avoid CC impacts) well I should be more clear since aliens come in waves and one-man raids bring around 1-4 aliens most of the time, maybe gen alone if he dosent bring some honer guards. Along with that Generals vary some are known to double hit, high crit, high evade, high HP, etc.etc. is thier a gen that can wipe us or are we capable of going toe-to-toe with them?

So in all fairness do agents stand a chance of soloing a raid? The agents that say they have done this are obiously perked to the bone in attack perks but considering some of the limitations of agents, *cough* evades *cough*, are raid wipes common?
    Last edited by Achromic; Jan 27th, 2007 at 05:24:44.

i've tried but didn't finish. one major problem is to recast mimic after 20 mins, and without aimedshots you get into trouble getting the green slimboys down quick enough.

I do solo spawns very easy, and I was doing it since 214 or sth. My strategy? I always take rrfe, ri, mop, behe. Aliens have very very crappy AR, so it's easy to evade them. In my current setup (you can call it evade setup) they hit me 1 of 5 or something. There are some problems you can meet:
    - nukers
    - high HP aliens
    - running mimic
    At ~215 i died once because of alpha nuke, ankari and hacker nuked in the same time Now it's no problem for me, i always try to UBT hacker and nukers, it's quite hard (hacker has low NR, others are harder) but doable. Anyway, with 15k+ HP and rrfe it's not so big problem.
    Huge HP aliens may be pain in the neck, sometimes happens that you can't make it before next wave. It was quite big problem for me, but the solution is higher dmg. As above, no longer problem for me.
    Running mimic is the thing that we all hate, happened to me that it was running out at general. Now i cast mimic just after "your city..." and if i have luck, i cast mimic between waves. If i don't, i run to the city hall, going away or just keep tanking aliens, it depends on situation.
    I've never had problems with General, maybe i was lucky, but Generals have weak AR, so it's quite easy to evade them... Nukers are no problem too, they have low NR so it's easy to UBT them, they are very slow when UBTed so they hit every 30s and nuke every 45s or sth, their pets are total gimps, don't even hit. Anyway, i've never died at General.
    Last edited by Pipboy; Jan 27th, 2007 at 14:14:20. Reason: spelling
    220 clan agent @ Rimor

anarchy-online.pl

i also have solod ai raids. but not having lenough gear for a decent evade setup im forced to go hp and nano cost. which works too.
    only problem is some generals hit alot harder than others.
    if so i have one hell of a time kiting using snare perks and trying to keep my nano up yes even with gph.
    nano seems my main problem oand someday i will get myself azure chest to go with my gph and soloing shud be way easier.

Hmm to my surprise I dident expect us to do so well against aliens even though some agents may be 215-220 and get some high aliens its still surprising to know that we CAN solo a raid...

but technically speaking is it viable to solo raids albiet I'am not belittling our ability to do so(infact this is quite surprising the evidence you brough out that we can) but is it viable to use agent in the sense of being able to aquire *cough* farm *cough*viralbots (ground of course I can understand that ship is very complicated)

Hmm how can I put this in better terms....if you have the means and the equipment to do so would it prove effective to use an agent to solo or would a team is more preffered?

Its just the fact that you also pointed out that some aliens can cause us headaches it seems to me that those headaches can prove very countering to the ability to solo the raid and in itself cause a wipe

If you can easily put together a team capable of clearing ship, then go for it every opportunity you can get. 2 chances of bot drops.

Teams (unless they're co-farmers) are unlikely to want to do a ground raid only.

There are plenty of times when it's better to use limited time to solo a ground raid. Here's how I used to do it...

Park (non-orged) froob character at ship landing point. Get RRFE and Behe. Mimic NT (wait about 2-3 minutes so that NT will be down a couple mins before Gen pops). Fill up CC to 51-55% and flip switch. Run agent out of city and buff PNH, IOR.

Because no-one from org is in city while waves pop, the waves consist of one level 1 hacker. When dualled character has killed 8th hacker, run the agent to the ship site. By this time, NT has expired. Cast mimic Doc, and buff up with long HPs, short HPs and HOT just in time for the Gen to pop.

Another thing to note is that the level of the General (with one org member in city when he pops) will be 7 levels higher than the character who flips the switch. 220 agent flips = 227 General. You may decide to use a lower level flipper to solo easy Gens (armour suits for twinks). General loot QL will be +/- 40 (maybe it's 50?) levels of the level of the General. So, if you're after 240+ bots, the higher the Gen - the better.

Did an agent already manage to solo lotv? I tryed many time osb ofc (AC/pnh-ior/behe/cs/os) without crit decrease (irt+shroud) and i failled each times (often because of damn crit).
    An as other agent said, We can solo near all 250 mob of inf (medusa ect)
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

I'm pretty sure an agent on RK2 did it, can't remeber the name though. I wouldn't use the setup in your signature to solo LoTV though. CSS will do bugger all for you, and the lack of crit-decrease is also a big problem. I'd go for as much HP as you can get, because the hardest part of soloing LoTV is keeping up UBT. If you fail on that and need to recast, HP is a much stronger buffer than evades.

I'd try and buy/borrow a bigot earring and camp a shroud to make your life easier

Enjoying RK4

Yeap kyai tyvm for advice. For solo i use a mix jothos/LE armor and atm i have around 19K but as you said the main issue is keep it ubt/avoid crit
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

With the upcoming 2hr perk resets you can now switch to enhance HP for a day and give it a go. That should push you close to 21K HP, which isn't half bad

Of course, luck still plays a fairly big part.

Enjoying RK4

2 Hour Perk Resets??? Where??

yea i must have missed it too, where?

Look at the rooted thread at the top of the 17.1 forums.

Enjoying RK4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast