Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funcom V Wow

Post Funcom V Wow

President of Bug Busters, Omni Tek - Rimor. Interested in joining?

If Conan flops, consider FC bankrupt.

Worst case scenario: they have to sell lootrights of AO to Blizzard or someone else.

"Galaxies was one of the first MMOs," said Mr Neri.
    coughs

er um yeah sure whatever. i can name a few more! and where was anarchy online when conan was mention Mr. Godoger?
    spiffay kean jelly bean Whee it's me!!!
    Anjala - 183/18 Doctor RK2 wootie woo 2 electric boogaloo
    The World of mmorpg's?
    Proud member of bugbusters!
    My Music Videos "Likelyriot"

They even spelt Gaute's name wrong
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

I love this article lol

Mr Godoger said Funcom was trying hard to make Age of Conan stand out when it launched in October 2007.
    Just look at that!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyl View Post
    Worst case scenario: they have to sell lootrights of AO to Blizzard or someone else.
    "lootrights" I loled
    ---Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups---

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I love this article lol

Just look at that!
    it's not October yet tho.
    or are you saying you don't think the game will be ready?
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus View Post
    I'm guessing he's pointing out that it is not October yet

Then there's this:

Some older games are taking on WoW too. Star Wars Galaxies is revamping to be more fun for both existing and new players.
    ... Again?
    Expert neutral adventurer gimp on Rimor. RP freak.

No one can have experienced to the fullest the true sense of achievement and satisfaction who have never pursued and successfully caught his own tail.
    Also, Dyedooshka and Zdrastvuite; Dirty old man and his Atrox alter ego.

Achiever 26.67% Explorer 40.00% Killer 80.00% Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyl View Post
    If Conan flops, consider FC bankrupt.

It looks like Funcom has been in quite an upswing for the past month or so:

Last 6 months
    Last 2 years
    Last edited by Nevver; May 9th, 2007 at 17:05:23.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I'm not scared about WoW trying to concour the world.

Because pretty soon it's gonna be the myspace effect.

What's that? Well, when myspace first came out, there were people like me who said "Wow, this is pretty stupid," right from the beginning. Now myspace is the cause of many, maaaany problems with the younger generations (including but not limited to molestation) and most people who used to be in it are saying "Okay, this is -really- stupid," and the people like me who hated it from the beginning? Well, now we're tryin' to take it down.

In otherwords - WoW will eat itself.
    ...with a cane to the sky like none shall pass.

Wow who ever was editor of that article at the BBC needs to be fired. That was horribly written. ((gl to fc though ))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus View Post
    I would guess he's pointing out the incorrect useage of the past tense "launched" to describe a future event, but also throwing in a cynical undertone about his faith in the release date.

Masta r not like bad engrish!
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Riqeshae View Post
    I'm not scared about WoW trying to concour the world.

Because pretty soon it's gonna be the myspace effect.

What's that? Well, when myspace first came out, there were people like me who said "Wow, this is pretty stupid," right from the beginning. Now myspace is the cause of many, maaaany problems with the younger generations (including but not limited to molestation) and most people who used to be in it are saying "Okay, this is -really- stupid," and the people like me who hated it from the beginning? Well, now we're tryin' to take it down.

In otherwords - WoW will eat itself.
    Right.

Well, Wow will eat itself after earning Blizzard hundreds of millions of euros/dollars.

OMG!!
    Willnotfix's old account, was used by Moonman for a few days. Original owner may one day use this account again .

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver View Post
    It looks like Funcom has been in quite an upswing for the past month or so:

Last 6 months
    Last 2 years
    What the hell happened around March 2006 to warrant that huge leap in FC's stock price?
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

It looks like that was shortly after they went public since that's around when the history starts. Initial public offerings ususally have an initial surge followed by a cooling period (unless you're Google).
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Aratink View Post
    I would guess he's pointing out the incorrect useage of the past tense "launched" to describe a future event, but also throwing in a cynical undertone about his faith in the release date.

Masta r not like bad engrish!
    Well who the hell writes for the BBC and writes an entire sentence about a future event as if it's already happened?

I have faith in the release date though.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

the only part of that article that made me laughingly say WTF was the following passage:

Galaxies launched in 2003 and has been tweaked a few times since as its creators realised what people wanted to do.

"Galaxies was one of the first MMOs," said Mr Neri. "There was no handbook on how to do these things."
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

In response to the "WoW eating itself" comment.

WoW won't go out of style, the story line is far too deep, Blizzard has so many plot twists, new content, and expansions at their disposal I really don't see the game "dying" within the decade, honestly. Their focus will eventually turn to another game, but there's no way they would forsake WoW, they've been working on the series for 13(?) years after all.

And how the hell can you compare child security over the internet to an MMO? Gawd.
    Limefire, The Great White Hope

Why do anyone want to compete with wow? wow is a good game, shure. But i dont understand the drive of the entire game industry now to replicate it.

wow even got made by a team, who had devout anarchy gamers among them, WOW and COH both benefited from the player experience from AO, funcom showed both of those dev teams, how to make their game better.

Funcom would just copy their own game

FUNCOM taught those devs by making AO, why should FC then want to replicate those who copied FC?

There is lots of sorry mouldy socks in the industry, ive read so much cynical garbage from industry giants, FC and a FEW others, as ccp, is those who might be different. Exept the conan mmo seems like a "safe" copy of a known receipe, with little originality(but it looks fun anyway), the new one, Cry Gaia, looks more "funcom'ish", so to say, AOC tries to be "grown", but strikes me as having no grown features from what ive seen, just juvenila and stuff who might interest teenagers, as hints of prostitutes(is that "grown?".... -_- those who is interested in shuch activities in RL strike me as immature fools and outsiders, real "loosers" in all the words meaning).
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast