Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enforcer Wish List

Aoe Snd - lol!

Snd is already way to uber imo, im 1hb/1he just cause i did wanna try to be different and not a Snd / Pl/Dimach enfo. Nothing wrong with it, just that i wanted to be different hehe.

But to "buff" Snd is just wrong, its -more- than fine atm.

Fix the 1hb perks instead, dunno how many times in a duel i've used Btp and it stuns ppls around me but not my fighting target, wich results in i cant do Devastating blow. Wich messes up an alpha pretty bad.

Bump tho for most of the others ideas, good ones.
    We're all gone again ;p

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=445035 - Some info regarding Movie Making =)

Faster recharge on 2hb perks and stuns on 2hb perks

2hb twinking

as u all probably know, 2he got a weap (jobe-made bladestaff) that adds 50 + to 2he.... 1 he got triplers and so on.... almost all the wepon main skillshave a buffing wep for hotswapping... i ass a 2hb enf would like this for twinking... i think this would also make 2hb more popular, didnt FC intended to have enf 2hb? so a sledgehammer that adds 50 more or less to 2hb would be great (ql 200 on this)...and ofc lower ql of this would also be appriciated

My vote is that they should consider least important to be 8,10,13,17,18 and 19 and 15 and 16 could probably be merged. For others it's all too hard to pick one or even only 10 favorites.

Angry Bump for a *super insta aggro taunt* even if it is temporary

I would like most of all, a new mongo.

I care about nothing else. As an enforcer at lvl 217, I can get roughly 39k hp, and that is without goin all out. This is without the 219 buff, which would bump me up to about 50k when I am 220 with the rest of my items.

As far as damage, it is nice, but not necessary. If I wanted to do alot of damage, I would make a shade, a ma, or a soldier.

I want to have alot of health. I want to be able to piss things off, and I want them to hit me.

I can manage aggro only [.] well. I want to manage aggro [................] well. ^^

With mongo, you used to be able to cast it, and get aggro. Even if you were gimp and unable to tank, you could get aggro and get yourself killed ;p. I want those days to be back.

Being 1 hand blunt.
    I would like to be able to save a squishy shade without having to use Dimach + Fast attack + Brawl + 4 Taunt perks (shade dead now) + Scorpio's Aim of Anger + 4 damage perks + single taunt (cause the trader want's to calm) + (while running) Challenger + Taunt proc.

Now I get aggro ;p (the mob is at 1/10000th hp). The mob is dead....team moves on to next mob, none of my taunt perks are up, and only my lowly brawl/fast attack +scorp is available. Shade does 10k Backstab, or Soldier 13k FA, or Agent 13k Aimed shot, or a Highbe sneak attack.....and I can't get aggro. (If I try, I wont be able to get aggro on the next mob.) So now we got a noob enforcer in the team eh? 8/

Of course this is an exageration. If I have all of those things up, I can hold aggro easily (at the start of the fight and for that particular mob).

BUT I NEVER HAVE THEM ALL UP. In fact, each mob I usually get brawl +fast attack, (which are nothing compared to a Full auto/backstab/sneakattack/aimedshot) followed by many 5-9k perks I see.

Summed up, I can't hold aggro well from single mobs in missions, and if I actually try to, I can't pull aggro when I need to. Most teams expect the enfo in their team to tank all mobs, the whole mission. (at least quite a few do) And soldier/shades/addies/ma's think, an enfo in team? Now I dont have to tank. And when they end up tanking, they believe the enforcer sucks, or is a noob.

Gah, I would/could/wanna rant so bad about this. But I will save that for the mobs in inferno missions/at Tiun.

Herkulease

Updated and edited

@ Devastating - AR is certainly an issue for non-atrox enforcers, and ideally we want to break down breed based advantages in favour of profession-based balancing. From a PvM perspective, a typical enforcer will have a lot less AR than contemporary classes in TL6 and early TL7, as perking HP and Bioshielding and Genius etc is a priority over wepaon perks, and the lack of AR and the inability to land what perks we tend to have contributes to tanking problems.

@ Baila - Well, I just tried to reproduce what I could, AoE is a joke yeah, but it's no harm

@ Herkulease - I agree with what you say, and to this end I would hope that points 4,5,10 and 25 could help this a lot. Personally I'm not in favour of some huge over-exaggerated 30K mongo, as that would degrade the degree of dedication and skill needed to be a good enforcer. However as it was pointed out, there are many attacks and perks in game which easily exceed 10K dmg, and so our taunts need scaling up to match this

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Thumbs up Awesome Idea

25) Team Detaunt Aura
    - A nano that when run grants all team members a proc detaunt. The size and %age of the detaunt scaling upwards with higher levels of skill.

This is the single greatest idea I have yet to hear, ever. As an enforcer, it would certianly help us out alot.

My only concern. NCU. As an enforcer, I take every buff that I can to get the job done better, easier, and more efficiently. But I usually have to pick and choose between buffs because I simply dont have enough ncu. Even with 2 ql 300 alien ncu's, and a pande ncu and sanctuary key (nearly 600 ncu). I need to use compiler and cpu upgrade.

A team Detaunt aura would be the greatest thing for an enforcer, ever. Especially if it was able to stack with the taunt proc. So long as it doesnt require 50 ncu, or even 20. It needs to be low ncu req considering enforcers need as many defensive buffs as possible to be an effective tank.

A Detaunt Aura would not allow us to slack, but it would make holding aggro for an entire mission something that the average enforcer could accomplish.

After all, I don't think a super twinked fixer, or trader should be able to pull aggro off reasonably equipped enforcer, ever. Fixers get to keep their evades...Ma's keep their crits....Shades keep their damage.... WHY CAN't WE KEEP AGGRO!!?!? It just doesnt make sense. (within reason, 200 enfo shouldnt be able to hold aggro off a 220 DD twink fixer) But a 210 should be able to pull it off, because they are the enforcer...the tank....ect.

Bottom line. If a shade can do 5x my damage a mission, and a fixer can have evades off the chart...then why can't an enforcer be super great at something?

Sure....Enfo's get lots of health. ^^ Horray...but what good is health if u can't get anything to hit you 8/.

Bump for............ The greatest idea ever!

25) Team Detaunt Aura
    - A nano that when run grants all team members a proc detaunt. The size and %age of the detaunt scaling upwards with higher levels of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai
    21) Mongo Rage
    - Make it enforcer only, it is "Mongo" after all, and Mongo was an enforcer.
    Mongo wasnt ¨just¨ an Enforcer, he was an Atrox.
    Thats why Mongo Rage is usable by all Troxes.
    Its more of a characteristical trait than a professional trait.

And besides I´d hate to lose MR on my Shade

Anyways, good that these threads exist!!!
    Afraid im too young as an Enforcer to see any downsides yet (still under 30ish)..
    Last edited by Zanmatix; May 23rd, 2006 at 09:10:53.

Assault Tank Armor - one of these:
    1. Add to outside world - boss or quest,
    2. Add a new item that is better (and same skill lock) or
    3. Nerf it - set level limit "on use"
    Last edited by Madarab; May 23rd, 2006 at 19:00:27.
    Empyreal -> 220/30 Enforcer - Equipment
    Madarab -> 220/24 Nano-Technician

About the AR post. Enforcers have the highest ability for maxing ar at any level in the game. Solitus enfos have just as high ar as trox enfos even without MR. I think enfos definately need more tools for tanking but for AR we have enough.
    Advance on Socom II. Hit me up if you wanna war.

I didn't notice it on the board, and if it's there I appologize, but it would be nice for at least one special attack, like Brawl, Aimed Shot, Fast Attack, ect, to be 2hb usable. For those of us who go the whole nine yards with a big hammer, it would be nice to have a special attack that helps keep a players interest in the weaponline they followed. I know there are a few available via the perklines, but as not everyone can use perks, it leaves some players at a disadvantage, and I say this as a fully upgraded player.
    Last edited by Darcone; May 24th, 2006 at 14:13:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcone
    but it would be nice for at least one special attack, like Brawl, Aimed Shot, Fast Attack, ect, to be 2hb usable.
    Oo

Most 2hb weapons have either brawl or dimach as standard, in fact I can't think of any 2hb weapons which don't have some special or other. Maybe you could clarify this somewhat?

Enjoying RK4

I think he means as a whole.

The alien 2 hand blunt hammer does not have dimach. So combine that with melee damage, and slower attack speed, it is harder to deal with then the 2 hand edged. You really can't pvp much without dimach. And if u have aimedshot/sneakattack/backstab...dont say "yes you can" ;p.

I played a 2 hand blunt enfo till lvl 213/214 then I was forced to reset to 1 hand blunt. It is not a viable weapon for tanking, or for doing damage. Sure, you do damage, sure, you CAN tank, but not unless others slack for you 8(.

The Maul only has Brawl, so the 400 min damage is nice but with just brawl as a damage it is useless. It is ok so long as u can stay full offense mostly, otherwise it looses ALOT of its effectiveness.

The Shoalin Staff is a nice weapon but then again for high lvls, it does not compete even with the alien hammer.

The 2hand blunt version of the Queed blade (Punishment rod) has only fast attack.

2 hand blunt = slower, less DD adding items. And usually DOES have one less special (as far as end game goes) We are not talking about the premium sledgehammer of doom here ;p. (which lacks fast attack...prolly cause its SLOW)?

Basically, End game we have no better weapon to use then the alien hammer, and it falls behind damage wise, and functionality wise also.

Most 2hand blunt weapons are supposidly huge, heavy, and hard hitting. (not true) Most 2hand blunt weapons are slow, and hit for as much as normal weapons. They gave the 2hand blunt line the nerf they SHOULD give along with harder hitting weapons.

Some might argue the Maul has 400 min damage, and only 3/3 attack speed. (yea great, it is nice, I used it alot). However, with only brawl (15 second recharge) and no dimach, or fast attack, it looses alot of damage. It is also hard on the doc to tank on full offense. And impossible to hold aggro while on defense(even with taunt proc + 4 perk taunts + 1.8k regular damage) and mongo spam.

2hand blunt is plenty viable until you outgrow a Hungry Howlet. Then things start to go down hill.

Until you can equip very high lvl alien hammer, the Maul will do better then it does. But even then, you hit at the speed of ^insert slug^, have fewer specials, that recharge slower, and hit for far less then the professions you try to keep aggro from. On top of this, your add all damage items are few and far between.

Bottom line.

2hand blunt is very viable until you outgrow a Hungry Howlet, then things go downhill.

As soon as I switched to 1hand blunt, I noticed a HUGE change aggro wise.

But I agree, a New, and competitive weapon, would be great. (2 hand blunt wise)

*suggestions*

Has brawl, fast attack, and dimach. Has either, a very slow attack speed with VERY high damage, or is just a clone of the 2 hand edge alien sword. (even if still melee)

2 hand blunt also lacks as far as perks go. They are there, but they dont hit hard enough to make up for the differance.

It would not be a bad thing at all in my view to have more choice, although as far as weapons go there are more viable(ish) choices for 2hb than 1hb, even if the maul is slow it is still a good weapon for many levels, although the atrox-only tag is somewhat annoying. But certainly in comparison to 2he and 1he the blunt weapons are lacking. I think from funcom's point of view they wanted to add weapon choice for keepers and advs, and the choice for enforcers would be equal in that we can pick between 6 different weapon skills rather than just one or two. Personally I feel that enforcers should use blunt weapons. In an indeal world the 2hb perks would offer better pvp performance than reaver perks, and 1hb would (through a combination of faster speed, more procd and different but viable perks) be the best choice for tanking, with other weapon choices such as 2he/1he/piercing and melee energy being alternative routes, but not the core route.

This is a mix of fun and expediency. When I look at the agent/soldier/adv forums they talk about their "gunrack" and the pros and cons of different weapons in different situations. Enforcers, whilst we have the wonderful benefit of being able to choose many weapon lines, have next to no choice within these lines, especially come endgame. This is particularly the case for 1hb, which has probably the smallest choice of weapons through all levels. It would be nice to have a 220-260 (or similiar) weapon for 1hb/2he imo, like Scimitar, Maul, MBC, Lost Hope, Piercing Evil, Sword of Wonder (advs got two to choose from, nerf!), Joy of the Hunt/Race etc etc. Equally, upgrades for exisitng weapons such as EQB from apfs or other raid zones would be welcome. Please give us some fun choice and some practical choice FC
    Those were my appended thoughts, but I'll update the list to include more weapon choice for 2hb. This can never be a bad thing, although as a part of the design and balance I wouldn't expect a 1/1 weapon with 4 specials It's a shame that the 2hb perks are underpowered and so cannot make up for the slow speed. As for specials, most 2hb weapons have brawl and a lot have fast attack too. Dimach is semi-useful in PvP but in general it's not something to write home about. But certainly allowing 1hb hammers to use type 76, and sledges to use type 112 should have been considered. After all pistols and machine pistols and the carbine/energy carbines all get a choice of several upgrades, why this should not be true for melle is beyond me.

Enjoying RK4

Melee Energy perkline!

As Melee Energy is based off of, I believe, INT/PSY, Nanomage Enforcers appear to have the best advantage of ME but as it caps lower than 2he, and is normal blue and not light blue or green, 2he is again the mainstream.

A ME perk line (Atomic Compromise could be a name for it?) would be sweet, maybe even a change in skill color from blue to light blue. We have nanos for Melee Energy, so why the heck can't we utilize it?
    Last edited by Saetos; Jun 4th, 2006 at 21:00:53.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

The lack of a melee energy perkline is well documented and has always been on the wishlist

Enjoying RK4

Quote Originally Posted by Baila
    Fix the 1hb perks instead, dunno how many times in a duel i've used Btp and it stuns ppls around me but not my fighting target, wich results in i cant do Devastating blow. Wich messes up an alpha pretty bad.

Bump tho for most of the others ideas, good ones.
    Bump....this bug is f*cking annoying

Hmmm...just an idea, but something attached to a perk line (probably Manners of Mongo, but hopefully not too high up on it) that is a guarenteed hit, and wipes the hate list of the mob you're attacking (locked for 2-5 minutes). This allows the Sold/Agent/Shade etc. to do their OMGWTFsuper-alpha-of-death, but still allows an Enforcer to take the aggro (just wait the 5-10s it takes for their alphas to finish and wipe the hate list of the mob, then hit with your (much smaller) alpha and taunts.) This should help a lot with holding aggro, as it gives you 15-20s to build up enough aggro so that the follow-up attacks wont steal it from you. It would be a non-overpowered way to hold manage aggro, and fairly unique too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnix
    Hmmm...just an idea, but something attached to a perk line (probably Manners of Mongo, but hopefully not too high up on it) that is a guarenteed hit, and wipes the hate list of the mob you're attacking (locked for 2-5 minutes). This allows the Sold/Agent/Shade etc. to do their OMGWTFsuper-alpha-of-death, but still allows an Enforcer to take the aggro (just wait the 5-10s it takes for their alphas to finish and wipe the hate list of the mob, then hit with your (much smaller) alpha and taunts.) This should help a lot with holding aggro, as it gives you 15-20s to build up enough aggro so that the follow-up attacks wont steal it from you. It would be a non-overpowered way to hold manage aggro, and fairly unique too.

Thats how the Library of foul languages used to work, was a terrific device really usefull but FC felt it over powered us.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai
    25) Team Detaunt Aura
    This might just be the coolest thing we could get. With a top aura giving a 50% chance to do a 500-1K detaunt would go a long way to alleiviating many of our aggro woes.
    Gotta admit, this is the coolest Idea I've ever heard
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast