Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soloing AI city ground at 220

Soloing AI city ground at 220

Talking to another enforcer the other day, I mentioned I can solo city ground. The other enforcer seemed impressed by this, so I figured I'd write a guide here to show how you can fairly easily do this.

I've soloed quite a few city raids with the setup and tactics described here, killed each type of general at least once, and got a few lead bots for my effort (among others, 2x supple ).

First some basic tactics:

There are two important aspects to soloing city ground: damage and survivability.

Damage should be obvious: If you don't kill fast enough you'll get stacking waves and die, or your CC will drain so you don't get a boss. You need _enough_ damage, but you don't need to go overboard on it.

For survivability, I've chosen to focus on evade close and AAD. All the other enf survival tricks such as cocoon, mango HoT, heal perks, and layers should be obvious, and available regardless of what gear you choose.

Gear:

When killing the waves, I use this setup. I've chosen not to use combined in most slots, as even 1% crit chance is worth more damage over time than the +10 damage from strong armor. Also, DB skirt and arms have more AAD than strong armor. I'd like to wear 2x DB sleeves, but I only have one, so I'm wearing CM as a second best on my other arm. In Utils, the two other AAD devices from alba would be far better than Boon and Star. Hands is the only slot where I think CM is better than any of the alternatives.

When the general spawns, I swap armor on head, feet, right finger, and sometimes wrists, ending up with something like this setup.

There are tons of ways my setup could be improved. I'm posting my setup not to brag, but to show how you don't need to be stinking rich to achieve a useful setup for this task. Indeed, I think combined armor is worse than the (cheaper) alternative in most slots.

Tactics:

I always fill the CC to 100% before I start. In my experience, this puts the CC at about 20% when the general spawns. I once thought I'd be smart and save some CRU by filling only to 78% -- this is my only "failed" raid so far, as the CC ran dry during one of the last waves, so no general showed up. Moral of the story: CRU is cheap, so don't be greedy.

The hacker waves are very easy with my setup. I usually hit cocoon at the beginning of the fight, so that I can safely use challenger for a little extra damage (I also use the challenger-like LE procs all through the raid). Mango once in a while should be all the healing you need for this, so don't waste Lifeblood or Bio Regrowth unless absolutely necessary (but feel free to frivolously spam Bio Rejuvenation and Blessing of Life whenever you feel like it). At some point during these waves, I usually remember to use my reflect graft. Sometimes I get an add with a lot of HP so that I don't manage to kill it before the next wave. In these cases I switch to the hacker, and continue killing the adds once the hacker is dead. I can't remember having had more than one mob stacking like this, but I think it's theoretically possible.

Once the boss spawns, I immediately hit cocoon to give me time to swap to the defensive setup from the gear section. Now, the generals come in different difficulties. In my experience, the ankari, jaax, and xoch are fairly easy. At least the xoch is semi-afkable, especially with an SL essence up. I can stand next to my computer playing bass, and just hit mango once in a while to top up the HP.

Ilari, rimah, and cha are in my experience fairly hard, which cha possibly being the hardest. For these guys, I will get busy spamming layers, keeping the mango hot running, and hitting cocoon and the tiny heal perks as soon as they refresh. I generally use offensive perks only as time allows during nano recharge, or when cocoon is up. I still find that I usually don't need Lifeblood and Bio Regrowth, but save them for emergencies or when I need a short break from the survival work. I also find that I can run out of nano when city advantages disappear, and the two perk HoTs are useful for letting my nano pool refill.

Remember that for the general, your damage no longer matters, as short of falling sleep or LDing, you'll win as long as you outdamage their natural regeneration. (and you can't alpha kill these guys).

So that's it. I don't believe I'm in any way especially good at this -- it should be doable for any well equipped 220 PvM enf. While Opifex may have a slight advantage here with more evade close from trickledown, and effortless 781 psychic, there shouldn't be anything to stop a trox from doing the same. A trox might need slightly better gear, but there's a lot that can be done to improve on my setup. (like getting some symbs above 240 for starters). Thanks for reading, and I hope it was useful for some.
    Hlep gnak!

Yes, any decent enfo should be able to solo raids, and good enfos should be able to solo raids easily.

(btw, use the heal delta debuff perk from Troll Form, that helps!)

Just never underestimate Cha generals. They can suddenly begin ripping you to pieces. Time your defense perks right, and you should do great! (like, don't enable coon until 3/4th of your HP is gone. And if you're really good, you'll manage to coon when you got about 1k HP left, and then heal up )
    Achknan || 220/17 MP, Vice President of Annihilation
    Enfitroxar || 217/18 Enforcer, Squad Commander of Annihilation

Wouldn't SoW be better than mongoose? Especially with your crit setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Achknan View Post
    Just never underestimate Cha generals. They can suddenly begin ripping you to pieces. Time your defense perks right, and you should do great! (like, don't enable coon until 3/4th of your HP is gone. And if you're really good, you'll manage to coon when you got about 1k HP left, and then heal up )
    Cha? I never really had any problems with those, even pre-LE. The only really hard ones ar Ankari's that pop red pets, in my experience.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugglerrr View Post
    Wouldn't SoW be better than mongoose? Especially with your crit setup.
    Probably more damage per hit, but a slow weapon. At 1.5/1 full def, the damage advantage fades a bit.
    Hlep gnak!

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°`¦°º¤ø,¸ tradalotrox's Avatar
    Did a bunch of ai raids when I needed some creds.
    • Xoch // Enduring - Just go afk for 10 minutes whilst you afk kill.
    • Cha // Supple - may need to layer a little.
    • Jaax // Strong - Afk kill again most of the time.
    • Ankari // Arithmetic - Rage / rage proc = 0 damage from Gen, if grey pets = Afk kill, if red pets may need to layer a little.
    • Illari // Spiritual - Similar to Ankari (drops junk anyway - never much of a problem).
    • Rimah // Observant - Quite easy also but can't akf kill it afaik.

Got roughly 30k HP ~600+ AAD. Wearing mostly CC. Btw used sl ess most of the time - +9k one or 17k if I happened to have CM, 50k with top ess // 42k with self cast one. Also rrfe is very helpful.

I started using a 220 advie now with enf to speed up kills - Xoch / Ankari / Jaax still afkable.

P.S Cha used to rip me up - but now they seem no problem might be the crit decrease from yuttos but I'm not too sure. Just layer a little and it seems to go well.
    Last edited by tradalotrox; Nov 30th, 2007 at 00:44:16.
    Tiger Claw | Critical Mass
    Atroxical 220.30!69
    Nanrade0.,..219.,.27''''-.-

I've solo'd raids for over a few months now, never had problem with any unless an org mate shows up and we get a 230+ Rimah which is a PITA.

I usually start mine with a Coon , disable Hacker's heal delta with Troll form perk and Alpha away. The time on reaver recharge is pretty good as when your next wave spawns , the perks have already recharge so rinse and repeat. :P
    Michael ''Noirhybrid'' Orion 220/30/70 ENFORCER [Equipment] RETIRED - GOODBYE FRIENDS! 1/8/2008

Husband IG to Rachael ''Zorinthia'' Orion.

First Atrox Enforcer on Atlantean to put in Ql300 Symbs and 290 Brain symbiant.

I tried it today to see if I could do it. Walk in the park, except I couldn't get the general dead before the CC was empty. I'm pretty well equipped, used damage procs and challeger, all perks, and was 1/1. Not sure how much more I can really do to make it faster.
    Turnyourhead "Rockempire" Andcough - 220/29 Doctor Equipment - General of The Leviathan Movement
    Top "Etrier" Stepper - 220/26 Enforcer Equipment - President of Whale Tail

Any questions about soloing ground raids as enforcer? /tell blessedone will gladly explain if necesserry can demonstrate even doing them atm in almost full ipr so i believe any enf practicly at 220 should be able do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockempire View Post
    Walk in the park, except I couldn't get the general dead before the CC was empty.
    That doesn't matter, unless you want the CC to be non-empty when you finish. You only need CRU in the CC to 1) get a general and 2) get a ship invite (I think?).

City advantages are buggy...you don't need to have CRU in the CC to have them enabled. Your mileage may vary

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Cha? I never really had any problems with those, even pre-LE. The only really hard ones ar Ankari's that pop red pets, in my experience.
    Just like the OP, I've always found them the hardest, and the ones who kill me the most if I do something wrong.

Granted, I've only done these solo with my 160 enfo, but they're the same threat against my 217 MP many times. (though that may be only due to the difference between the profs, and I'm not going to say it's easier with either profs)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    City advantages are buggy...you don't need to have CRU in the CC to have them enabled. Your mileage may vary
    I find that if you have the CC 15% full or more, you'll have city advantages all the time, while if it's empty, you'll have city advantages only when you don't need them. I usually drop a 20-30% CRU in the controller after I'm done.

I've noticed that my advantages often fail during the first half of the general fight, which is probably when the CC drains completely. I usually notice the missing notum silo buff after a short while..
    Hlep gnak!

Why not just roll a froob, park it in city and leave org with it. Kill 7 level 1 hackers, let 8th level 1 hacker spawn then zone into city with enf thats been sitting in grid/shop entire raid, kill hacker and get high level gen spawn.

Only need 51% CC to start raid this way. Will have about 25% left by time gen spawns.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Why not just roll a froob, park it in city and leave org with it. Kill 7 level 1 hackers, let 8th level 1 hacker spawn then zone into city with enf thats been sitting in grid/shop entire raid, kill hacker and get high level gen spawn.
    Sometimes people don't do this for farming purposes only. I usually do leave city, and have an out of org kill everything, and then I come back in. But it's always nice to get the AXP.

I did over 50 raids solo with my Soli gimply enfo. I have set of CM, 1he+1hb (lots of perks helps at waves). For harder generals i have to use cocon, BR and stuff, sometimes layers. Anyway, only diff from my tactic is full off at waves (they dont hurt You anyway) and full deff at General (You will hurt him anyway)

Gl at drops Enfos!

Quote Originally Posted by tradalotrox View Post
    Did a bunch of ai raids when I needed some creds.
    • Xoch // Enduring - Just go afk for 10 minutes whilst you afk kill.
    • Cha // Supple - may need to layer a little.
    • Jaax // Strong - Afk kill again most of the time.
    • Ankari // Arithmetic - Rage / rage proc = 0 damage from Gen, if grey pets = Afk kill, if red pets may need to layer a little.
    • Illari // Spiritual - Similar to Ankari (drops junk anyway - never much of a problem).
    • Rimah // Observant - Quite easy also but can't akf kill it afaik.
    Pretty much exactly as my own experience, I usually dual shade and enf now to speed it up and have a better chance at 240+ bots
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Thanks for the info, trying this tomorrow LOL.
    Slowness
    My Setup
    220/30/70 Enforcer
    Proud Advisor of KAZE

i havnt tried since i hit 220 and learn to play reasonably, ill give it a shot tomorrow when i get back from work.
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast