Thread: a question that may seem dumb to some

a question that may seem dumb to some

i dont know much about about the agents "mimic" nanos so ill just ask, since this is a place to learn :P

when you go back to the visual proffesion of an agent, and u were just and engineer who casted a bot, can u still controll that bot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Animosity
    I see the update was delayed. thank you for the delayed update about the update. Please update the delayed update about the delay updating the update.

(Do it now, and i wont write the next logical line)

cant cast a bot as fp engi.

As Mutek has said you cant cast bots as an engi, you also cant cast crat pets altho you can use the charms. Also with MPs you can use the the attack and heal pets upto Transcendent Frenzy and Restite, the mezz pet cannot be cast in fp. However as far as i remember, all pets that we can cast or charm remain under our control wether we are in that particular FP or not, all that is needed is to meet 75% of the reqs needed to cast them so as not to be non OE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipr
    all that is needed is to meet 75% of the reqs needed to cast them so as not to be non OE.
    actually i kinda calculated the OE crap and whatever item ur wearing, it'll go into 75% OE if u go below 80%

but i never like REALLY, REALLY, tested it
    Quote Originally Posted by Animosity
    I see the update was delayed. thank you for the delayed update about the update. Please update the delayed update about the delay updating the update.

(Do it now, and i wont write the next logical line)

However as far as i remember, all pets that we can cast or charm remain under our control wether we are in that particular FP or not, all that is needed is to meet 75% of the reqs needed to cast them so as not to be non OE.
    I know for a fact that the healpet remains under your control when fp:MP duration is up.
    And there's little or no worry about keeping the pets non-OE, since the nanoskilldebuff part of false prof/mimic ends with mimic, and thus leaves us with higher nanoskills than what we had when the pets were summoned/charmed

all that is needed is to meet 75% of the reqs needed to cast them so as not to be non OE.
    If you read some of the crat/mp/engy posts some pets don't follow the law of 75% skill req to keep them under control some might take 60% or some might take 90% but the majority of the pets are 75%+
    ..Death comes to all but in all different ways..

Not sure about crat/mp pets, but engineer pets follow the normal 80% OE rules. There were some that had slightly bugged reqs which appeared to be due to checking the nano cost reqs of a higher ql shell not those of the nano, though as there aren't any shells involved in MP pets which you can summon, I can't see why they shouldn't all follow the 80% OE rule.

And as Mutek said, you can't cast Engi or Crat pets whilst in FP and there are some MP pets that you can't cast either. If you want to check use Auno or AOMainframe. If you can cast them in FP, the requirements will say "Visual profession == Meta-Physicist", if not, it will say "Profession == Meta-Physicist"

Hope this helps
    Main
    Forek 220/30

Alts
    Dreadoc 220/27
    Mellifluous 220/27
    Forefix 178/18

No you can't, as the question was already answered.

Anyways, I have taken the liberty of fixing the list of castable nanos in False/Assume/Mimic professions on the main reference page (which is stickied on the agent forums). Feel free to check it!
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front