Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evades and critting aimed shots

Quote Originally Posted by Ziozaurus
    Dude, don't talk crap, Seky is my friend in RL and i know when is him or when it's not him. Everytime i dueled him it was Seky, i'm not intrested in dueling the guy that plays his account now.

And about that reflect... he had the same reflect before and now still hasn't changed. The only thing that changed are his armors. I haven't checked if t3 has add def or not but it definetly doesn't have the add def commando offers.

U think AC is useless ? Try fighting someone striped, check the dmg diffrence.
    The difference will - infact be zero.
    AC does not effect it. The easiest way to check this is say on a level 5 agent. Every time they do an AS, it will hit on the top end of a "max damage" hit - Without AC's applied to it.

AC simply has no effect on AS damage. Crit resistance technically does, however the AS multiplier from a high agent is way too high for it to make any marked effect.

Effectively, a non crit AS will still cap on a MA, Fixer, Crat and so forth. Now, if Enforcers for example could somehow get -200% crit resistence in PVP it would be interesting to note the effects - But they cant, so it's irrelevent.

The reason its called add "all" def is because it applies to

Dodge
    Evade
    Duck

When it was introduced, there was no such thing as perks. It has never affected NR, as GA4 fixers were always prone to casters. There's no way a NSD would ever land on a fixer with 3000 "def", which is about 6000 NR, (190% cast) pre-SL. Fixers of that era will let you know that roots, Trader Drains, MP debuffs and NT nukes (pre GA nukes) certainly did infact land and GA and all its +Def did absolutely nothing in the world to stop it.

Imo, it probably shouldnt affect perks that rely on NanoSkills for attack rating, but it does anyway, as it does for all perks.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

asd

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Wow, wow, wow.
    Stop posting man, really.
    Haha ^^
    ME - The insulting player.

Alphamale - 211 Opi Agent.
    Cadavere - 216 - Trox Keeper. [Currently Playing]
    Chainsauw - 209 Trox Adv.
    Ghosthour - 203 soli Agent.
    Idaemon - 185 Soli Trader.
    Idargh - 165 Trox MA.
    Idaargh - Trox Fixer.
    Yuroichi - 209 Soli Engie.

Theres a couple of things in this this post that I find a little confusing. Basically Kink's last post matches my experience. .

Unlike most people in this thread I can't say that every AS cap's in pvp. I find that it just doesn't, just like in PvM I see about 35% 13k AS and the other 65% in the 10-13k area (sometimes one strange 8k AS comes out). For reference I have around 2410 AS skill which I think is credible but not a huge amount.

When I'm fighting players with low hp its a guarentee that all AS will cap, vs one of Keeper/Advy/Enfo its not definate, I still find myself doing quite a few 5-6k AS's vs. Keepers and Enfs and Advs even after all the layers are gone. Sure plenty of Aimed shots cap but it seems implied by a few people in this thread that all aimed shots cap anyway..

I don't really think evades has any effect here at all... I think its just that pulling aimed shots >10k pvm (5k pvp) don't seem to multiply as well. Unless I'm pressing the Aimed Shot button wrong, if you are like me and sometimes in PvM you are seeing 11.5k AS's then don't be surprised when you fire some 5.7k AS's vs Enfo's with 20k+ hp.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfarin
    CiB 10 gives 1k AAD, not even including def from symbs and gear, and yet you'll cap AS on MAs Fixers and Crats, so no AAD definatly doesnt affect AS.
    Ofc it caps on MAs, Crats, Fixers, they have extremly low hp so even if the normal AS would be 4k u couldn't tell that cause it will look like it caped.
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

Ofc it caps on MAs, Crats, Fixers, they have extremly low hp so even if the normal AS would be 4k u couldn't tell that cause it will look like it caped.
    *Bangs head on desk*
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    The difference will - infact be zero.
    AC does not effect it. The easiest way to check this is say on a level 5 agent. Every time they do an AS, it will hit on the top end of a "max damage" hit - Without AC's applied to it.

AC simply has no effect on AS damage. Crit resistance technically does, however the AS multiplier from a high agent is way too high for it to make any marked effect.

Effectively, a non crit AS will still cap on a MA, Fixer, Crat and so forth. Now, if Enforcers for example could somehow get -200% crit resistence in PVP it would be interesting to note the effects - But they cant, so it's irrelevent.

The reason its called add "all" def is because it applies to

Dodge
    Evade
    Duck

When it was introduced, there was no such thing as perks. It has never affected NR, as GA4 fixers were always prone to casters. There's no way a NSD would ever land on a fixer with 3000 "def", which is about 6000 NR, (190% cast) pre-SL. Fixers of that era will let you know that roots, Trader Drains, MP debuffs and NT nukes (pre GA nukes) certainly did infact land and GA and all its +Def did absolutely nothing in the world to stop it.

Imo, it probably shouldnt affect perks that rely on NanoSkills for attack rating, but it does anyway, as it does for all perks.

Then why FC called it "Add all def" why not just "Add all evades" ?
    As what i've read from add def imps it sais "Percentage added to deffensive rolls".
    The thing is i refuse to belive that AS doesn't check absolutly anything.
    Last edited by Ziozaurus; May 3rd, 2006 at 14:14:50.
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh
    *Bangs head on desk*
    Glad i got to talk to u man, i'll send u a tell ingame, i wanna duel ya
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

kjdfghkjsdhfg
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

I'm inclined to believe that raw evades helps protect against aimed shot to some extent. Those of us who have played for a long time remember back in the days when folks never raised duck explosions. They thought it was useless, as a result snakemaster-wielders would crit nonstop on them buffs or no buffs...Anyone remember trader mobs using shotguns raping people in RK missions? When I did level 50 pvp all those years ago I remember I was one of those 'forget duck exp' people and regretted it in both pvp and pvm. I used a snakemaster at one point on my fixer and I noticed I generally crit more on mediocre targets more too.

As i'm sure all the folks in this particular forum are aware, aimed shot is no different than a regular shot except it can't miss, gets multiplied, and ignores AC. But it CAN crit, since it's still a regular shot. I'd guess though that this should be pretty irrelevant to agents as you'll probably cap all your aimed shots on everyone no matter what by 210+ because of all the AS skill you guys have, base rifle damage, self crit buffs etc.
    Last edited by stromm; May 7th, 2006 at 01:05:58.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Quote Originally Posted by stromm
    I'm inclined to believe that raw evades helps protect against aimed shot to some extent. Those of us who have played for a long time remember back in the days when folks never raised duck explosions. They thought it was useless, as a result snakemaster-wielders would crit nonstop on them buffs or no buffs...Anyone remember trader mobs using shotguns raping people in RK missions? When I did level 50 pvp all those years ago I remember I was one of those 'forget duck exp' people and regretted it in both pvp and pvm. I used a snakemaster at one point on my fixer and I noticed I generally crit more on mediocre targets more too.

As i'm sure all the folks in this particular forum are aware, aimed shot is no different than a regular shot except it can't miss, gets multiplied, and ignores AC. But it CAN crit, since it's still a regular shot. I'd guess though that this should be pretty irrelevant to agents as you'll probably cap all your aimed shots on everyone no matter what by 210+ because of all the AS skill you guys have, base rifle damage, self crit buffs etc.
    Well FC said AS doesn't check evades at all.

AS doesn't cap everytime. Look at enfs with 30k hp, sometimes u hit 6-7k AS, sometimes u do 12k+. I haven't checked AS on a enf with total concentration on but i will.
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

Well FC said AS doesn't check evades at all.
    FC is pretty often clueless about the mechanics of their own game. They might've meant that it can't miss, not that evades don't make a difference versus the damage it does.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Quote Originally Posted by stromm
    FC is pretty often clueless about the mechanics of their own game. They might've meant that it can't miss, not that evades don't make a difference versus the damage it does.
    Yea, well, guess we'll never know for sure
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

I havent read much on here cause im about to leave but I think they might because I just started putting up all my evades maxed adding about 400 to evade clsc and dodge range and ive been doing alot more 13k AS's then before and pretty much all high AS's .... So i think they may

Yes I know this is an old thread ^^
    RK 1 Characters
    Proud Member of Storm
    Ikilljoo 218 Agent ( Leveling watch your back tl7s!! )
    Proud Members of (AOD) Anarchists of Destruction
    Enzo101 164 Enforcer (Doing nothing :P)
    Powerful 69 Advy (no clue what im going to do with this one yet)
    FuzzyWuzzy 60 MA(Leveling to 90ish soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    I havent read much on here cause im about to leave but I think they might because I just started putting up all my evades maxed adding about 400 to evade clsc and dodge range and ive been doing alot more 13k AS's then before and pretty much all high AS's .... So i think they may

I dont think they meant that your evades affect your AS damage at all, more that the evades of the person getting AS'd affect the chance of the AS to crit (or not depending on who you are).
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post

Unless this is a joke I'd advise you to remove your post :P Flamebait if I've ever seen one. Your own evades wont affect your own AS whatsoever.
    Kaisho - 220|27|70 - Agent
    Thomboy - 220|22|62 - Soldier
    Anarkali - 220|28|59 - Engineer
    Caesar - 220|30|70 - Bureaucrat
    ------------------------
    Ultima Ratio Regum
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bonzay1 View Post
    to bad u are a trash U HAVE LACK AT TALKING

From what I've seen your evades affect your chance to be crit, add all def also adding to defensive rolls may have this effect too. Also it would appear the aimed shot mechanic is to take a regular shot then multiply it disregarding AC and not allowing it to miss so the game says:

right ok, you hit that for 1000 damage you have 9 multipliers i'll rol that and you get 5 multipliers, that's a 5000 AS...

or:
    you hit for 1500 damage (critical) you have 9 multipliers i'll roll that and we'll say 5 again to make a point, that's 7500 AS damage.

Making it much easier to get a higher AS (aka cap) on a lower evades target.
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT
    Balneatrix 200 twink to be

Tanked the first ever killed Artillery Commander for ~5 bubs.
    [Tankosaurus]: GOGO BAL TANK that <expleted for safe meh from moderater>
    You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.
    You died of nano program damage!

if you are Hexous your aim shots are not checked by your target's evades, you always hit 40%, in some special cases 100%. If you are not....
    Ayse "Millerna" Teyze (Level 220 / AI 23) Opi Agent - Retired
    Tecavuzcu "Duneprime" Coskun (Level 213 / AI 17) Sol Advy

Omni-Tek is my friend.

Was under the impression for a long time (a myth really) that the more you have in dodge rng the lesser chance of a crit/capped AS, though in todays pvp everyone caps AS on everyone nearly, so much AS skill and lower HP makes it fair game for everyone...I did remember the dodge rng myth however, lessening the chance of a crit/cap AS. Doesnt really matter though...18k HP and I still get hit for 4.8k AS by everyone

--Steve
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123