Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evades and critting aimed shots

Hi agents.
    Executive and Spiritual leader of the Role playing juggernaut that is Dark Front.

How to kill an agent in under 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    It'll be awesome like second life where you see 12foot tall penises walking around and furries will have a strong foothold in Omni Ent

Quote Originally Posted by Haphaestos
    So, same results as the AS'ing a guard... Which might prove that Def.Mods have an effect on AS damage... Anyone tried consistent AS-ing of fixers with the defensive/deceptive stance specials?
    In pvp i really didn't spoted any diffrence, all targets was capped with AS, only thing was that diffrent people had diffrent refflect on diffrent kinds of dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Well this is simply because with 30K, 40% is 12,000.

Remember, you're not trying to hit a 13K AS in pvp, you're trying to hit 26K, which is tougher. Your 13K AS's in PVE are basically anything over 6500 in pvp, which you will notice on mr 30K enforcer to be quite a lot.
    I can be wrong, but if i remember good I did 11k AS'es on Ignoramus, but I'm not sure about this.

Well, bear in mind Iggy pvp'd with approx 24k hps, and bio cocoon gives an innate 3% deflect, stack with RRFE which I dont ever remember hitting him when he didn't have it.
    Bohican (Bend Over Here It Comes Again Now)

Retired as support toons...
    Onepumpchump - 205 Atrox Soldier
    Demoted - 201 Atrox Keeper

I think AS depends only on ACs... and add def ofc.
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

Quote Originally Posted by Ziozaurus
    I think AS depends only on ACs... and add def ofc.
    No and no. Then you'd see no crazy AimedShots on Enforcers nor you'd see any on a fixer.
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

Add def adds to everthing, NR, evades, AC, everything that is deffensive. And if AS doesn't depend on ACs then how come after i debuff and enf with armor piercing and sofen up i land a high AS, almost cap, and when i don't i land a 4-5-6k AS. When u land a high AS on a enf at war for example, u can't know what nanos he has in his ncu. And since when do fixers take crazy aimedshots ? They have 10k hp max, even lower cause they all go low hp, the AS we land on them it's normal, not high or low.
    Last edited by Ziozaurus; Apr 24th, 2006 at 13:22:08.
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

I didnt do any testing with ACs so far, but regarding AAD I'm pretty positive that it doesnt affect AS at all, at least agent-wise. I have tested ASs on a fixer without AAD perks running and had them capped 100% of the time then he had everything running and capped them 100% of the time aswell.
    I when Onlymeh said "crazy" AS on Fixers he was refering to capped ASs.

Regarding the changes on the AS value on Enforcers my guess would be that he did mongo between the two AS to get the HoT up and didnt cancel the HP boost - hence the higher AS. I dont think ACs would affect AS in PvP though, maybe in PvM because mobs have sky-high AC value but that would need some intensive testing and to know the exact AC value of the said mobs.
    My guess would be to test with an enf, having him run FoT and have a serie of ASs, then do the same w/o FoT running - also ask a fellow engie to toss him AC buff for when you want to test AS under FoT.

This said, I'm talking here on the Agent side and since we have mad AS skill it may be not correct.
    AO's MOTD
    There does seem to be problems with the internet itself.

Add def adds to everthing, NR, evades, AC, everything that is deffensive. And if AS doesn't depend on ACs then how come after i debuff and enf with armor piercing and sofen up i land a high AS, almost cap, and when i don't i land a 4-5-6k AS. When u land a high AS on a enf at war for example, u can't know what nanos he has in his ncu. And since when do fixers take crazy aimedshots ? They have 10k hp max, even lower cause they all go low hp, the AS we land on them it's normal, not high or low.
    Wow, wow, wow.
    Stop posting man, really.

Time to dismantle this post for anyone that may agree with it mistakenly.

Add all def does NOT add to..

NR
    AC
    "everything that is defensive"
    It adds to your defense. Specifically your (apparent) evades. Perk defense also takes +def into account. That is all.

And if AS doesn't depend on ACs then how come after i debuff and enf with armor piercing and sofen up i land a high AS, almost cap, and when i don't i land a 4-5-6k AS.
    This does not happen. Placebo affect.

When u land a high AS on a enf at war for example, u can't know what nanos he has in his ncu
    You can tell if he has reflect (all that matters)

They have 10k hp max, even lower cause they all go low hp, the AS we land on them it's normal, not high or low.
    I do not understand how this accurate and correct information is in this post.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Yea Kinkstaah, i'm sry man, i forgot u're working in the AO team for years now and u know every ecuation, tnx to u we all know the game much better and how the dmg is being calculated.
    Pls enlighten me even more, now does add def works ? Let me guess... it adds only to evades and it's 1 def = 1 evade point right ?
    I don't think u understand the meaning of the word "ALL" Def
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Add all def does NOT add to..
    NR
    While I do agree with the whole post I'm not sure about the NR part, I've had friends test this in arena, a Doc casting DoTs on a Crat w/o AAD perks up and w/ them up.
    The test wasnt long enough to be representative but for what we've seen the Doc wasnt able to DoT anymore - at least he had much more counters - as soon as the crat perked up AAD.
    AO's MOTD

Tested with Evolkeep today. I dueled him many times before when he had full commando set. He had 18-19k hp and my ASs were 4-5k, rarely 7k. I dueled him today after he sold his armors, he's full T3 now and all ASs capped. Every1 of them. How do u explain this ?
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

T3 doesnt have any add all def? As AS doesn't care about evades/AC then add all def maybe the answer? Or it could be the fact that he didn't have bioshield/devotional armour/reflect graft/bracers on?

Quote Originally Posted by manaas
    Or it could be the fact that he didn't have bioshield/devotional armour/reflect graft/bracers on?
    The answer definatly is in here because I can tell you AAD has nothing to do with how big of an AS you get when you're an Agent and I have doubts about AC.
    AO's MOTD

AC definitely has no effect whatsoever, What happened to evolkeep is this: he has quit the game and left his account for somebody else, most likely scenario is that the person using the account now is nowhere near as experienced in pvp as seky was

In my experience (no hard facts). I am a believer in the school of thought that Add all Def does not affect AS. Nor does ACs. I'm not 100% sure of the ACs, but from what I can see, it has negligible or no affect either.
    I am Horrible

I can't believe there are 220 agents that don't know how AS works Kink is right here (like usual)...AC/AAD has no effect on it, unless maybe if you have a massive amount of AAD, it may lower your crit chance on AS's some. Likely would not be noticeable unless you're using a onehander/ithaca against a fixer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by manaas
    AC definitely has no effect whatsoever, What happened to evolkeep is this: he has quit the game and left his account for somebody else, most likely scenario is that the person using the account now is nowhere near as experienced in pvp as seky was
    Dude, don't talk crap, Seky is my friend in RL and i know when is him or when it's not him. Everytime i dueled him it was Seky, i'm not intrested in dueling the guy that plays his account now.

And about that reflect... he had the same reflect before and now still hasn't changed. The only thing that changed are his armors. I haven't checked if t3 has add def or not but it definetly doesn't have the add def commando offers.

U think AC is useless ? Try fighting someone striped, check the dmg diffrence.
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

Quote Originally Posted by Prion
    I can't believe there are 220 agents that don't know how AS works Kink is right here (like usual)...AC/AAD has no effect on it, unless maybe if you have a massive amount of AAD, it may lower your crit chance on AS's some. Likely would not be noticeable unless you're using a onehander/ithaca against a fixer or something.
    I think 700+ AAD is pretty much.
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

I think 700+ AAD is pretty much.
    CiB 10 gives 1k AAD, not even including def from symbs and gear, and yet you'll cap AS on MAs Fixers and Crats, so no AAD definatly doesnt affect AS.
    AO's MOTD

I think it affects it a little, but the innate Agent + AS = OWCHIES overrides it. If you tried it with other profs youd notice a difference I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast