Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost Eden rifle concept

Actually light doesn't travel at the same speed, it's fastest in vacuum and slows down in the atmosphere, even more in water. The problem with that gun is that the barrel is placed too low, it does not extend past the trigger towards the back the rifle (same thing with the pistols, plus the lower barrel looks like it shoudn't be there). Those are cool looking weapons, but that's it. They are more cool than practical.
    And high powered rifles may still be needed in the future as control singnals may be jammed, and the target may have armor on. Besides, this is still a game and people have to somehow identify with the elements inside. If we arm everybody in AO with cubes with short barrels pointing out at one end the game will be too wierd for anybody to enjoy.
    From a pseudo-practical point of view the swords suck, too. Especially upgraded sword nr 2, I just don't see how you can effectively hold that thing in your hands and strike with it. Overall, the same trend: they are cool looking pieces of design, but don't look much like effective swords.
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernment
    don't look much like effective swords.
    its 20,000 years in the future, dont you think melee weapons shouldnt be effective at all?

Well, yes. But since we'll have them, make them look effective rather than a work of art. Half those things look like they would bend and break at the first contact with something solid. I'm kind of curious how the hammers will look like. Like a piece of twisted modern RL art?
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernment
    Well, yes. But since we'll have them, make them look effective rather than a work of art. Half those things look like they would bend and break at the first contact with something solid. I'm kind of curious how the hammers will look like. Like a piece of twisted modern RL art?
    They look quite effective. They have a fairly heavy looking blade, to me. And of course, they would be effective. An edge is very useful. Given a lot of force behind by nano enhanced 30K in the year muscleman enforcer - Its going to hurt, probably more than a bullet. Oddly enough, like taking a huge chunk out of someone with a sword does today.

However, you have a point about Upgraded Sword #2, that hilt would require some odd stance or for you to hold the sword at an odd angle to actually use
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Mar 9th, 2006 at 08:49:59.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I don't know about you guys, but this gun looks like a razorback type of rifle.
    I'd love to have something in PvP with burst, fling, AS, and FA that hits hard and looks like that.

Might not be the ideal snipers weapon but.....

Gimmeh!
    Rubytempest, 220/18 MP
    Rubydium, 207/10 Agent (Atleast at this second in time:P)
    WTB love for the casting profs!
    "I see youuuuuu, hehehehehehe."
    - Peter Griffin

Looks like an ARK rifle to me, solely designed to nerf ++ farming agents :P

Personnally, i like the Kyr'Ozch rifle, even if it looks oversized. The faint green glow in the dark, etc... This one looks like an assault rifle to me.
    More than a new LE rifle, i'd like above all our current weapons to be fixed: working Glory proc on the Silenced alien rifles and a "pew pew" sound
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow
    But its hard to use as dildo :/

Remake it to look as the rest of agent rifles!
    shhh its a hookah not a dildo
    Emergenzee Level 220 'Trustworthy' Doctor
    Circle of Notum

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeopimp
    shhh its a hookah not a dildo
    I got a hookah and it looks a lot cooler than a sps rofl.
    Insurgent - 220/16 Finalizer

Damn... I love ow those LE weapons look, and that rifle... HOOOOLY **** !!! Super !!
    /tell Zioz
    Wolrd at my feet

I have to agree with a few others, it looks like it would make a better graphic for an assult rifle.

I suck at drawing so I cant draw it so here is a link to a few .50 sniper rifles :P
    with a bit of a Sci-fi look these would look great

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles.htm
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

As long as it has damage like this

http://www.aomainframe.com/showitem.aspx?AOID=257141

Of course, that would mean there would be a better shotty in LE. :/
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

hehe, give it a 45m range too
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

looks pretty nice, so prolly it wont be a viable option for agents.

.....just make it look like an AWP from Counter-Strike, then everyone stop complaining =P

hopes this rifle is 1h like pistol. and comes with FA too :/ so we can multi wield a aliumz pistol

yeah yeah i am dreaming but we deserve to FA AS Burst and Fling jus like Soljas.

cos ... James Bond > Rambo

Great looking rifle. OH, and sniper rifles don't normally have very long barrels. Why? Because it -reduces- accuracy if it's too long. The expanding gas will slowly loose pressure if the barrel is too long, and because it has already altered the round enough to engage the rifling, it'll have a harder time pushing it out of the barrel. The round will leave with a slower velocity AND what is know as "wobble." The round will have more of a drift, so will have less of a range, and because of the wobble, will veer until it lands. NORMALLY, 16 inches is perfection for a long range. Different rounds mean different barrels, though.

This doesn't look like an assault rifle. For one thing, it has what looks like a good 10 power or more scope. You can normally tell by the tube before the frontal lens. The stock and grip position is in a sniper setting, in that the stock and grip support eachother. Magazine looks close the the handle and is short, as is a semi automatic rifle's. An assault rifle's magazine well is normally a lil more forward with a flapper release and room for an extended 20 or 30 round magazine. I THINK I see a bipod. Heatguard signifies large round, and the barrel, located underneath the heat guard and what appears to be the gas system, looks like a large bore. In all, it looks pretty close to a Heckler and Koch SL8 or SL9 semi automatic sports rifle.

VERY good lookin' rifle. Can't wait to carry one around.
    ...with a cane to the sky like none shall pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent
    Definitely. Sniper rifles have to have longer barrels to be more precise.
    Havnt you guys heard? Aimshot is being taken out of the game in LE....you guys get burst now. Sorry.
    Apprentice "Driven" - 151/19 - MartialArtist

-- Proud Member of
    ShadowBreed Inc. --

Quote Originally Posted by Driven
    Havnt you guys heard? Aimshot is being taken out of the game in LE....you guys get burst now. Sorry.
    Ah, they also removed Diamech and Brawl. Now you get Flingshot and a broken Riposite. Whoops!
    ...with a cane to the sky like none shall pass.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGimpy
    As long as it has damage like this

http://www.aomainframe.com/showitem.aspx?AOID=257141

Of course, that would mean there would be a better shotty in LE. :/
    It is too bad a trader wearing this will never OD an agent. A nice little AR nerf on a caster class is fun, and damn that shotgun is ugly.
    Tradingstuff 220/18 General of Viralbots Incorporated
    Quote Originally Posted by willlliams;
    Want a challenge ? roll MP or Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by deniska;
    LOL I was talking about a challange to get SK, not about challenge to get SK team

Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent
    Color that pistol purple and I'd say we got a Halo ripoff in the works.

Um if you are talking ripoffs with the dual over and under barrel pistol.....

Disney Movie's "the Black hole" from around early 80's late 70's

all the Bots (with a couple exceptions) use pistols that are extraordinarily similar to the concept art pistol we have been shown
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast