Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost Eden rifle concept

Quote Originally Posted by Panasonic
    hmm.. i would take out the JoTh/r and use dildo till 205 when you can get on a 300 type 3 (without AI armor) un-OE
    In my experience (2 different toons) ql300 type 3 is useable non OE without AI armor at about 210 or 208 if you max champion of heavy.. to use it non OE at 205 you need AI armor.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

I agree with Tenkx here... My agent had to be 209 (with ql240 RWrist Symb) to non-OE a Kyr Rifle without alien armour.

Also Joy of the Hunt/Race totally destroys SPS in damage, once I could use it, I got it and loved it, never went back to SPS aside from neccessary in pvp at the time, which I didn't pvp much anyway.

I forget the exact level even that I used Joy, might have really been around 150 or 160, not sure anymore, was long ago.

Also I know many people out there who consider SPS at tl6+ to kind of be leeching xp/sk (Including myself), so even if you can't afford Joy of the Hunt, upgrade to a crappy QL Kyr which will not cost you alot of cash at all.
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow
    Btw care to explain what for exemple laser sniper rifle needs longer barrel for? Or any barrel for that matter? For exemple even simple targeting screen- or considering we talking 20 k years in the future say something like build in tactical comp which automaticly calculates range to target/atmospheric condition effects/target's armor most likely vulnirable parts based on armor database/target's force fields effects and say 20 more diffent things, then transfers them to user in say direct neural feedback- with rifle itself looking like small cube with retractible energy source sticking from one side for quick replacement during combat- would be alot more fitting.
    The fact that you actually thought of all that random sci-fi crap is pretty sad. Hats off to creativity though. ^^ Anyways, in MODERN day, most sniper rifles have heavier barrels to reduce as much recoil as possible and they are longer so that the cartridge propellant can burn more to get the fastest possible bullet velocity. Same thing with why most of them use bolt-action snipers, less recoil makes a better shot. Now like you said, thousands of years into the future they are gonna have massive improvements but it should still have somewhat of an original style. If they developed a pistol that could shoot 5 miles accurate within 3 feet...that's insanely sick, but I'm not using a pistol as a sniper. =P
    Insurgent - 220/16 Finalizer

I read over what Sevent said once again, since I mostly missed it the first time...

"with rifle itself looking like small cube with retractible energy source sticking from one side for quick replacement during combat- would be alot more fitting."

I think what we're all forgetting here, is that when we're in Ruse 3, it doesn't matter, because ALL rifles look like Seventshadow's description

Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf

Mocker for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Perin
    I think what we're all forgetting here, is that when we're in Ruse 3, it doesn't matter, because ALL rifles look like Seventshadow's description
    Hahahaha and it's so true. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent
    The fact that you actually thought of all that random sci-fi crap is pretty sad. Hats off to creativity though. ^^ Anyways, in MODERN day, most sniper rifles have heavier barrels to reduce as much recoil as possible and they are longer so that the cartridge propellant can burn more to get the fastest possible bullet velocity. Same thing with why most of them use bolt-action snipers, less recoil makes a better shot. Now like you said, thousands of years into the future they are gonna have massive improvements but it should still have somewhat of an original style. If they developed a pistol that could shoot 5 miles accurate within 3 feet...that's insanely sick, but I'm not using a pistol as a sniper. =P
    you (and I) have no idea how much recoil a laser beam makes so neither of us can comment about that ;p
    The Gimp:Dinnerfork
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    I have this disturbing image of the US Army jumping one by one out of my cereal bowl

Learn to chain AS.

Perennium Sniper = 1-220.

OMG ONLYMAN, SAVE ME FROM THE IMMINENT WHIRRING-NESS!

WHIRR WHIRR WHIRR!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

<-- consider chain-AS an exploit, so.... no
    Nano Fetishist.

Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf

Mocker for Life.

Sat here looking at it for quite some time now.. and it even more reminds me of a riot shotgun/assaultrifle..

Pump action with a shortrange scope.. and the compact part of the hilt make it all look so much like an assault rifle..

It looks like a special ops assault rifle that you can see used in the marines..

Where the normal shot is a semi-automatic high velocity round with a secondary pump action high yield round that can pierce through tanks.. Looks much more like a soldier weapon then a rifle.

And unless you have plans of merging Rifle and Assault Rifle, i'd really like for a higher powered looking rifle, that has the ability to snipe..

Just a few concept links I can think of..

http://hull-breach.com/cms/e107_plug..._sensniper.jpg

http://the-junkyard.net/gallery-tven...ngeance&id=365

And those are just two possibilities..

hmm... it seem that it is just a basic rifle, that will have different upgrades.
    so im guessing one upgrade would make it a soldier FA burst assult rifle while the other would make it a sniper.

http://anarchyonline.1up.com/media?id=2730064&type=lg
    that is basic pistol and its upgrade

http://anarchyonline.1up.com/media?id=2730062&type=lg
    2he swords and thier upgrades

damn, the pistol looks stupid. it looks cool but then it seems the barrel was mirrored down, strange stuff
    The Gimp:Dinnerfork
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    I have this disturbing image of the US Army jumping one by one out of my cereal bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Militaryman
    And unless you have plans of merging Rifle and Assault Rifle, i'd really like for a higher powered looking rifle, that has the ability to snipe..
    Much agreed.

Color that pistol purple and I'd say we got a Halo ripoff in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent
    And thats why i said laser rifle- sinse laser beam creates no recoil (and light always moves in same speed in same enviroment- cant make it move faster :P). Same for atmospheric condition- things like fog can make alot of effect on laser weapon. So pretty sure laser sniper rifles will have a very different look :P

And even in case of projectives based rifles they probably wont use chemical explosives to give the bullet it speed- electromagnetic systems can make it move x10 faster easily.

In any case i doubt that 20000 years in the future best and most advanced weapons will look like copies of 21 th century weapons- just like modern sniper rifles dont look like long bows even if both weapons serve the same purpose.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow
    In any case i doubt that 20000 years in the future best and most advanced weapons will look like copies of 21 th century weapons- just like modern sniper rifles dont look like long bows even if both weapons serve the same purpose.
    A long sharp stick serves the same purpose as ballistic missile submarine, yet they look very different. I don’t really see your point.

Regarding fire control systems of 20,000 years into the future. What your saying sounds all fine in dandy except you fail to take into account, what is a basic facet of modern combat.. Electronic Warfare, currently (and I see no reason for this to change in 20,000 years) it is assumed anything that emits can, and wiil be compomised / jammed.

You cant jam a 18 year old sighting down the length of his gun, im sure this is still the case in the year 20,001.

But at the end of the day, im not playing AO for the tactical experience. Flashpoint and steel beasts provide my fix of realty. I just want a badass looking gun, these concepts look pretty farking sweet to me :P

Is it just me or does the pistol upgrade look like they are giving all pistol users an actual gun to use along with their pistols that will have AS for pvp?? That's not a smart move FC, at all, it just makes things a whole lot worse, since support professions would actually put AS in to their regular setup, and make AS even less of an "agent" ability. True the scope upgrade could just be used for regular aim, but.... otherwise... make agent perks able to use pistols, and turn Agents into a dual wielding pistol like James Bond like sooo many people seem to think we SHOULD be. They don't seem to realize that there are other defenitions of agent aside from James Bond ^^ but if FC wants to support that..... Gimmie Extermination Symbiants please! ^__^

Also if the artwork labeled "Rifle 1" could stand for it eventually being upgraded with whatever they want to seperate it between agents and soldiers (hell they could even add fixers if they wanted to, and save themselves some design time.) maybe we should get a look at the upgraded version(s) as well? O_o

Also, since even if you look at the Perennium weapons, the soldier weapon is made out of Nano-Charged Assault Rifle, and so is the fixer weapon, being much closer in design than a Sniper Rifle, which the only perennium it can make is a sniper. AND, just try imagining a longer barrel on that rifle, with the same bulk design concept of it, it still looks kinda weird, then picture it as a soldier weapon as well, and now it looks too small O_o
    Nano Fetishist.

Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf

Mocker for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    A long sharp stick serves the same purpose as ballistic missile submarine, yet they look very different. I don’t really see your point.
    My point exectly- looks aint serve looks but are the result of the way the weapon works- so even that sniper rifle serves same purpose as long bow served in middle ages (taking enemy out from far away with accurate fire) it looks very differently. So future version of sniper rifle (specially 20 k years one) will look complictly different fron surrent ones- sinse you cant expect bullets drivern by chemical explosives do actually penetrate tipes of armor they will probably have by then for exemple.

Regarding fire control systems of 20,000 years into the future. What your saying sounds all fine in dandy except you fail to take into account, what is a basic facet of modern combat.. Electronic Warfare, currently (and I see no reason for this to change in 20,000 years) it is assumed anything that emits can, and wiil be compomised / jammed.
    No need for build in computer to emit anything possible to jam (specially if its say based on optic chips or organic cells)- if all the feedback is delivered to user physically holding it using some sort of contact feedback.

You cant jam a 18 year old sighting down the length of his gun, im sure this is still the case in the year 20,001.
    Neural targeting electromagnetic pulses, infrasound sequences, and plenty of other ways surrently experimented with that you can jam that 18 yo with just fine :P

But at the end of the day, im not playing AO for the tactical experience. Flashpoint and steel beasts provide my fix of realty. I just want a badass looking gun, these concepts look pretty farking sweet to me :P
    That gun looks great just not like gun anybody is likely to be using in the future vs disent equipped target O.o
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Badass looking snipers ftw. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Learn to chain AS.

Perennium Sniper = 1-220.

OMG ONLYMAN, SAVE ME FROM THE IMMINENT WHIRRING-NESS!

WHIRR WHIRR WHIRR!
    Rofl. Tilt slightly Kink....Boom.
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

...do i see a cavity search on the horizon for Kink?

On the rifle thing:

Now that even pistols have AS on them ingame it would be nice to have a better snipar rifle with more extras than fling.. (FA comes to my mind...)

VV

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast