Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wish List brainstorming

My biggest wish:
    - New absorb layer, 1k maybe 1.5k. If it may be "overpowered" you can cut down its duration, make it a 20 seconds lasting nano or something. no need for it to stay up for hours, since its mostly gone in a few hits anyway

Also:
    - Make perk action "Lifeblood" scale up with the amount of perks in CH, the more perks in CH the bigger HoT
    - New SL Mongo with bigger HoT/Taunt

Reason for the above 3 wishes is, that at lvl 110-150 I found my enforcer very fun to play, with top mongo and layers keeping him alive very well, + the lifeblood in emergencies. never needed biocoon much at that time either so I untrained it for a while :P at lvl 180 the combo of these 3 things is still good but rapidly losing steam. not that uber absorb layer when mobs starting to hit you for 2k-4k per hit.

Other wishes
    - Melee Energy and piercing perklines
    - Acces to top 1he perk actions!

For reasons mentioned by others I gues.
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

I have a cunning plan....

Why not make Flurry of Blows, Rage, Challenger or The Element line double or triple the chances of your Bringer line landing its proc?
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

my idea from this thread in regards to solving the taunt problem.

first things first, and this is very important:

aggression multiplier (jealousy augmented) needs to have taunt text changed from "aggro" to "die, die, die"

that said, i don't think the solution is to give the enforcer a new taunt nano: new, higher level nano in general means higher nano cost. one of the biggest problems in taunting as an enforcer is running out of nano, especially in a team that does not hit you with the nano that they aren't even using.

my idea for taunting problems is a scaleable solution, and would, in theory, require only one new nano in it's own nano line.

let's call it 'improve taunt' an enforcer only nano and is its own nano line. it is a 'buff it and forget it' sort of nano, meaning that it has a long duration [1hour, i'd like to see at least 2hr+ personally].

what does it do? it improves any taunt damage delivered by the enforcer that is running the nano. this applies to proc, mongo, and gadgets. it does not increase the natural taunt done by true damage.

i have been thinking of a formula to accomodate this, and this is the simplest one i have come up with:
    Code:
    NewTaunt = ((OldTaunt)+((OldTaunt*TitleLevelReduction)*(Level/220)))
    OldTaunt is the base taunt damage of whatever taunt is activating. NewTaunt is...well...the new taunt damage that will activate, instead of the old.

TitleLevelReduction is based on your title level
    Code:
    TL7 = 1.0
    TL6 = 0.75
    TL5 = 0.60
    TL4 = 0.45
    TL3 = 0.30
    TL2 = 0.15
    TL1 = 0.0
    i dabbled around with various ideas, first thinking that it would be nice if mongo could be scaled to deliver a 30k taunt at lvl220. however, the very premise of my idea was to encapsulate taunt improvement into a single new nano, and have the taunt improvements apply to all enforcer taunts, as stated above.

if mongo got 3x the boost, that would mean jealousy and proc would as well. this is way too much. jealousy alone would be almost a mongo crush, and that just seems a bit much on top of the other boosts. yeah, we'd never have to worry about losing aggro...but we would never have to struggle either...which is part of the fun and challenge

the current formula caps the taunt improvement at 2x taunt at lvl220. every level improves taunt damage, aside for title level 1 levels.

what is the deal with those title level reductions then? they are meant to provide a 'jump' between title levels. a steady increas in taunt damage is all fine and dandy, but part of the appeal in rpgs is to get something 'much' better than what you had. i had to figure in a way to satiate that desire while still maintaining the idea of one nano.

and so, this is what i have come up with. a single nano for the enforcer that scales with level and title levels, allowing for improved taunt ability without hindering his ability at the same time.

thoughts?
    in regards to layers, an aura could be neat, i was definitely liking the sound of that. i have been thinking about layers lately, and really, the nano cost vs benefit is hard to rationalize with failing impreg. i only ever use it for blitzing missions or dyna hopping...things that aren't nano-intensive. when it comes to tanking, i am going to rely on the doc to keep my health up more than my ability to cast layers. i need my nano and ncu for other things. this is why i see a layer aura as a great idea.

my idea for a layer nano was going along a different path: basically, single type, cheap nano cost, fast cast time, layers that stack with the default layer line. twas thinking of 1k absorb of only a single damage type with fast cast at full def. the benefits are primarily in pvp and on RK, but there are instances in SL where it could be handy. dunno, like i said, i never use layers really, so i don't want to speak to hardily about them.

small change: text that says when a target has *stopped* attacking you. i'm sorry, but i get tired of thinking a UBTed mob is attacking somebody else, and subsequently using more nano in mongo than i really needed.

My greatest wish would actually be reworking the weapon perk lines so enfos can use all 1he perks, get a piercing line, melee energy line (The argument would be so cool to use) etc etc.

Worked over nanos for SL(slightly better taunts plx) would also be great.

Totally unrelated to our profession but the "Quickbar Setup?" thread made me realize that I'd really liked to have is the ability to toss nanos/items/perk specials on multiple quickbars (like, Spite on Bar 1, Slot 5 and on Bar 4 Slot 0).

That way it would be much easier to have several configurations (Solo, Team Tank, Team DD, PvP ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbuns
    Totally unrelated to our profession but the "Quickbar Setup?" thread made me realize that I'd really liked to have is the ability to toss nanos/items/perk specials on multiple quickbars (like, Spite on Bar 1, Slot 5 and on Bar 4 Slot 0).

That way it would be much easier to have several configurations (Solo, Team Tank, Team DD, PvP ...)
    ermm?? that is possible already? you can even fill a hotbar with 1 perk
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

Yup, you can definately do that already

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Synre
    ermm?? that is possible already? you can even fill a hotbar with 1 perk
    Mkay, been away for quite some time, failed to check if it is possible now, wasn't when I left.

Thanks for the heads up though
    Bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

I did not read this whole thread, shame on me. But what can I say? I am Atr0x?

Instead of writing alot like I want to, I will try to keep this short and to the point.

I am a mongo maniac, I eat nano, devour, consume, chug, horde, drool at the sight of, and simply love nano.

At least I used to.

I was never concerned with doing the most damage, or having a pvp title. I just wanted to do a great job tanking, and I used to get "Job well done, I did not get aggro once" remarks all of the time.

Sadly, as I got higher lvl, and as my damage fell far below that of most other professions ( 2hand blunt) I began to loose aggro no matter what I did.

I am a notum nuget. I want to stay 2hand blunt till the day AO servers go down. But I find it difficult.

I seem to have a very limited number of options. I can spend tons of cash (which I have trouble earning as a half player/half social gamer) in order to go 2hand edged, and deck myself out in the most damage oriented gear possible. Or I can go 1hand blunt and rely on taunt procs and damage gear to help hold aggro.

I want neither. I want to be 2hand blunt and still be able to keep, or take aggro when I need to (as the enforcer...the one that is actually supposedly designed for this purpose).

I used to pride myself on the fact that I rarely had people in my teams die. And almost 100% of the time if they did, it was after me.

I don't want to be a lazy enforcer that just has one single super uber taunt that insta pulls aggro. However, I want to be able to take aggro when I need to by spamming whatever I need to. And be able to take aggro off of most professions, whatever their level.

I expect to have to work VERY hard to be able to steal aggro from a 220 MA/SHADE/ADDY, even if it is just so I can get killed. But I want it to be possible. And I want it to be realatively easy for an enforcer to be able to keep aggro from someone his lvl, or at least be able to grab aggro quickly for a short while to save someones skin.

At this moment in time, it is not. And even professions my lvl are difficult to keep aggro off of without working pretty hard. At least not without ebaying credits or spending 100% of your time famring credits/camping items, and not being able to help out folks.

Anarchy is still fun. But it was funner when I was able to do my job and even if I was not the best tank, I could save someone elses butt from that nastey ole' heckler, or really high lvl mission mob.

If there is one thing that you do. I think most enforcers would agree. It would be to make keeping aggro easier. (At least enforcers in my shoes)

I am sure that those highbe 220 enfo twinks with all the goodies want...more goodies to kill soldiers with. However, I don't believe that is the most important thing as far as balancing the game goes.

So with all of that said. I want to see a much better mongo/single taunt and other taunt items in game.

Make it hard to get...sure. But please don't stick really high nano/level reqs on it. Higher nano cost is fine, but if you raise it too much, be sure that it REALLY pisses off the targets ^^.

(Keep in mind though...Aggro is either something you have to hold...or grab very quickly (to keep someone alive) and when you have to use 4 perks, a taunt item, and spam a nano...you usually fail in doing so.)

Give Herkulease a tell ingame if you want to ask me any questions/clarify any confusing statements (its late), or get other suggestions. I am usually able to talk.

****Instead of writing alot like I want to, I will try to keep this short and to the point.****

LOL ^^

finally, wtb 30K specials absorb.

but Opi enf only

very helpfull at tara ^^

Funk the Jijie

Is there any word on if Funcom will implement new taunt lines for enforcers? Has it been considered or does Funcom think we have good enough taunts? What is Funcom's idea of an enforcer and the roll he should play?

Herkulease

p.s. I would like to see a NCU/Compiler and NCU/Hardcore CPU Upgrade. Both NCU/Nano cost reducer/nano init is all important to an enforcer. I would be willing to sacrifice a little nano cost for a little ncu.

Example. Instead of 15% reduction....it might be 10%, and +40 ncu maybe. (preferably more because of all the new buffs that take up ncu).

I would really like the 15%/125 ncu combo but I know that is a dream.

Preferance would be 10%/80 ncu, or even 15%/80 ncu. Or upgrade it to 17%/80 ncu even ^^

I am just givin numbers, but it would be nice. Same idea goes for compiler.

With so many new items in game, it is getting on my nerves having to carry around many backpacks in my inventory to be able to handle different situations accordinly.

Pie weapon line.

Oh and a pie perk line to go along with it.

Bump, think it's time to compile this
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Djurmamman
    Bump, think it's time to compile this

Hang on... I have 1 more request / wish...

Reverse the hitpoint gain on the Form of Troll line.

Instead of the last perk adding 1.1k hps make it so the first perk adds it instead.

You still get the same total benifit from the line but its spread in such a way that'll boost lower Enfos who need the help more more than the higher ones.

Keep the heal delta and the perks the same as they are now. Only switch th hps round.
    Riders of the Lost Org

Lvl 100 with 10k hp ftw

Ah well, my only wish is:
    A brain symbiant ql 220-240, (Heck, make it 260), for all us troxes out there, the ql180 one at 220 doesn't seem to tempting..
    wut

Just some simple wishes:

Melee energy perks
    (and some valid ME weapons without AI or SL)

Extended rage, challenger and mongo lines

An upgradable Sledge hammer of Doom ^^

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys

After much carefull consideration I've decided that... Omni Chosen Enforcer armour should be Black.
    Riders of the Lost Org

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly
    my idea from this thread in regards to solving the taunt problem.

in regards to layers, an aura could be neat, i was definitely liking the sound of that. i have been thinking about layers lately, and really, the nano cost vs benefit is hard to rationalize with failing impreg. i only ever use it for blitzing missions or dyna hopping...things that aren't nano-intensive. when it comes to tanking, i am going to rely on the doc to keep my health up more than my ability to cast layers. i need my nano and ncu for other things. this is why i see a layer aura as a great idea.

my idea for a layer nano was going along a different path: basically, single type, cheap nano cost, fast cast time, layers that stack with the default layer line. twas thinking of 1k absorb of only a single damage type with fast cast at full def. the benefits are primarily in pvp and on RK, but there are instances in SL where it could be handy. dunno, like i said, i never use layers really, so i don't want to speak to hardily about them.

small change: text that says when a target has *stopped* attacking you. i'm sorry, but i get tired of thinking a UBTed mob is attacking somebody else, and subsequently using more nano in mongo than i really needed.
    I think you might be nto something here, but how about if it got reversed? An aura that REDUCES the taunt generated by team members?
    Instead of increasing our own taunt, simply reduce theirs!

Seriously...

A team aura that grants a detaunt/detaunt proc could be very cool.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast