Thread: Richard K. Morgan's "Woken Furies"

Richard K. Morgan's "Woken Furies"

Reading this neo-cyberpunk book, Takeshi Kovacs' latest run, by a guy named Richard K. Morgan (book is named "Woken Furies") and I could SWEAR he's playing AO. A lot of the scenes seem inspired by the game.

Everything cyberpunk has some connection to AO but this book seriously seems inspired by it.

He's got a good series going there. Would make a decent mmorpg too, I think. Though, his Market Forces book wasn't so great (not in same setting).
    A murder of grims for all occasions.
    Neutral chars: grimstad 220.21 shade/ brothergrim 215.23 doc/ grimgriminy 217.17 crat
    Account closed

Time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it's just business, it's politics, it's the way of the world, it's a tough life, and that it's nothing personal.

Well, f**k them. Make it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmy
    He's got a good series going there. Would make a decent mmorpg too, I think. Though, his Market Forces book wasn't so great (not in same setting).
    Dang, if Market Forces wasn't so great, I got to read Woken Furies. I enjoyed reading Market Forces. I liked the concept.

Thanks for the tip