Thread: Sector 42 and lag

Sector 42 and lag

OK so I have tried this new sector 3 times in the last few days.

1 of those times, we failed because we got overwhelmed by adds.

2 (3 really..) of those times we failed because half of the raidforce LD'd, and lag overcame us.

The first time, we were almost to the final area, when 10-15 second lag hit us as 3 patrollers joined a bunch of aliens we had, and several people LD at once, all while we were between the 2 gates, with timer running.

The second time, we did not get even 30 meters into the zone, when half the raidforce lagged into about 30 aliens, the other half LD, and we all get owned.
    Luckily we had 10 minutes left on the entry nano so we ran back in, buffed up, and got about 50 meters in before the same thing happened. Now our entry nano has expired, we can't get back in, and most of us have had a net loss of AXP.

The new sector seems like it will be very fun and fast paced, but I've not had 3 wipes caused by overwhelming lag/LDs. And this isn't like having 200 people in pandemonium, these were raidforces with less than 30 people.

What's going on?

Edit: I wanted to add, I had been doing penumbra missions for about 3-4 hours before this with almost 0 lag. When this all happened, an orgmate who was killing slayers in lush hills said he had no lag problems. Even within the zone this did not seem like the typical lag that we have been getting for the last few months. As doctor, I could see the tanks HP bar going down every second for about 10-15 seconds, but I try to cast and I get:
    Executing Nano Program: Cellular Rebirth.
    Executing Nano Program: Cellular Rebirth.
    x30
    In the normal lag we have had in the last few months, everything freezes up at once. In this sitation, tank was taking damage, but heals/attacks/sitting down did not work. On top of that 1/3 to 1/2 of the raidforce LD. On top of that, it happened as soon as we tried sector 42, but not the several hours before. Twice. What's going on with this?
    Last edited by MrKrosis; Jun 2nd, 2006 at 00:50:28.

bump
    Zirreall 220/24/68 MP
    Xirreall 220/11/70 Crat
    Sirreall 220/23/70 Advy
    Merijane 221/29/70 Doctor
    Azriellla 202/0/0 NT

People shallow, self-absorbed
    See the push and shove for their rewards
    I, me, my is on their minds
    You can read about it in their eyes

kick Savvis hard! it just might do the trick FC.
    were gettin real tired of this.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

duh! dont be so silly

there is no lag - its just all your computers and ISPs . . . .

/mark
    Yeah, I noticed it too. It kinda goes with the saying, "If it aint broken, don't fix it."

Yep, FC's version of that is, "If it ain't broke, break it."

I would rename your thread, just name it lag k ?