Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: implantHelper v1.0 with source

If your having problems and getting the "unable to open database" error, try downloading MDAC 2.8 from here and see if that helps (thanks to Vampyrella for the info).
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 14th, 2006 at 13:40:53.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Still no dice, I cant run it even with the MDAC patch you posted. Getting that DB error.

And I so do love your skill emu. I hate having to switch between AOskills2 and SkillEmulator3 for Imp/Equip numbers.

Ok, will see about getting you a version with extra debug stuff, see if we can figure this out...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

If your having a problem with the "unable to open database" error, then please download this debug version of the exe and replace your current exe with it (might want to backup first). it should give a more detailed error dialog. If you could post what that says (and the path you've the program installed to) here, I'll see if it makes any sense...

Unhappy

same errror but i think i know the error
    you save the path to the programm in the registry but if you move the directory to an other place the program cant found the db on this registry entry

maybe????

No... it simply looks for the db in the current working folder... which is usually the folder you launch it from if running it directly. If you created a shortcut, check the working folder in that and make sure it's correct.

I suppose I could get the debug version to print the program's idea of the current working folder out...

Only other thing I can think of is to find the latest version of the MS JET data engine and install that (MDAC no longer includes JET...)
    Last edited by Darkbane; Dec 30th, 2005 at 00:30:40.

Just set up a web page for this just like I did for AOSkills2, front page link now goes there (as does the link in my signature).

problem

I am getting the can't find database error. Was a fix found for this?

Hmm... can you maybe tell me what OS? Usually the latest MDAC if sufficient, but I've heard from one or two people who still have the issue even after updating that, and even after installing the latest JET engine for access...

I had this database opening problem too, but MDAC 2.8 fixed it . I have Win2k, SP4 + a bunch of later minor updates. Perhaps one of these later updates has something to do with it.

valuable... sticky?

I also got the same db error, reinstalling MDAC worked.

Nice program.

Works great for me in standard things, but when I try to import an iMatrix file I get the following error message, any suggestions?

Thx

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    Parameter name: '15' is not a valid value for 'index'.
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(In t32 value)
    at implantHelper.modXML.loadIMatrixXML(String fname)
    at implantHelper.frmMain.miOpenIM_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    implantHelper
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2116.17462
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2116.17462
    CodeBase: file:///C:/RSM%20Personal/Games/Anarchy%20Online/Implants%20and%20related/Implant%20Helper/implantHelper/implantHelper.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 7.10.6001.4
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.visualbasic/7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
    application or machine (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
    rather than being handled by this dialog.

Can you post (in code tags) the iMatrix XML?

That calculator is by far the best one ive ever seen Actualy its due to the possibilty of copy/pasting stats form auno to the basic stuff + several buffs/city bonus )

Finally another update...

V1.09
    Reworked suggestions tab, added CTRL+F shortcut for find on layout tab, changed "<select cluster>" to something less intrusive. Added Adonis quest reward symbiants & spirit, and fixed Fist of the Dominator.

download here

Another update...

V1.10
    Sorted import of iMatrix files with no set profession. Added berserker symbs/spirits. Removed some non-existant symbs from the DB.

download here

Bump for a great public service.

Thanks Darkbane!
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Looks like the ImplantHelper is using the wrong Symb presets at least in some cases.

Looking at the QL300 Support Eye and Brain, both showed a 2188 Treatment requirement.

The ones in Implant Helper show the 1276 ability requirements, so you're using the "right" QL300s. The original releases of the QL300 symbs were 2188 Treatment, 1381 abilities. These never made it to the game. The "new" QL300 symbs were 2188 Treatment and 1276 abilities. These were later updated to be 2088 Treatment.

It appears that ImplantHelper is using the 15.0.5 version of the "new" symbiants instead of the 15.5/15.8 versions.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast