Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: implantHelper v1.0 with source

Definately looking good, it's nice to see that even with a couple similar programs out there, someone is still looking to raise the status quo.
    Glyffix
    General of South of Heaven
    Fixer of RKII
    "Lean, mean, sand in the Vaseline."

I like it alot, nice to see progress being made in this area

Constructive criticism:
    1. On my PC (AMD64 4000+) it took quite a long time to sart the program - several seconds.
    2. I found the cluster scroll-down selection menus a bit fiddly, since the list is so long and the scroll buttons very small.

Just small details, I know, but I couldnt find anythign else to criticise yet, hehe
    Deidre Lux: "You seem well equipped. We're impressed."

1. As it'll have to load the core of the .NET framework the first time you start it (if it's not already loaded) then that's inevitable I'm afraid, it should start faster next time in a given session though.

2. Drop-down lists can be that way... I'll tweak their lengths to help here but some of the symbiant/spirit lists will have to scroll... you can use a mouse-wheel however, which makes it a lot easier.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Not bad - Definitely looks like it'd be useful for those planning their implants

What I really loved about it is that the Find drop-down will show where nanoclusters for a particular skill will be, and that the tabs will show pretty much the main information (the implants' effects and requirements) in a straightforward way.

Only things I can suggest is that I'd personally love to see implantHelper be able to calculate the maximum implant QL that can be installed with a specified amount in particular skills such as Treatment (if it's possible ). That, and how to clear present selections could be made a little clearer - I was closing & reopening the tool again until I noticed the Edit->Clear at the top (D'oh! )

Great job
    Coordinator J.C.Orion
    Team Leader, Media Productions
    ARK Community Relations

Read the Rules / Learn about ARK / Book a Wedding / Contact the CR Department

Just made a short test and it looks good, didn't seem as sluggish in performance as iMatrix, i like that you can easily see which implants that can contain a certain cluster, very handy.

i like this alot!! great job
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Thought of something else, you have the symbs listed as alternatives to implants within the helper. Could you add other sort of symbs items? Touch of the gripper, notum splice, sinew of tara, fist of the dominator, etc. etc.
    Technology Breeds Anarchy

Do not walk behind me for I may not lead,
    Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow,
    Do not walk beside me either, just leave me the hell alone.

v1.03
    Added shopping tab to enable user to indicate clusters they have, this information is saved with the layout. Added a set implant button next to the find list, once you've selected a skill from the list, using the set button will set all the relevant unfilled slots to that skill.

download here

On the to-do:

Read up on listviews so I can make the result pages neater (and add functionality to the suggest page).

Add the special implants to the database (though the AI Eye one will need special work).

Figure out how the NP requirements work.
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 14th, 2006 at 13:44:32.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

The clear option under edit is missing

I moved it to New under File as that seemed more consistent with typical Window's apps (see Jcorion's comment).

v1.04 is in the works, I've enhanced the benefits and requirements to use list views for neater output, and the suggestions list also uses a list view with checkboxes that you can use to pick on of the selected clusters.

I've also redone the suggestion code to handle cases where an implant has two empty slots better (I'll probably rework it again at some point to improve this further), and to ignore fully empty implants.

And I'm beginning to add the "special" implants such as Notum Splice to the symbiants table so those at least will be selectable.

That'll only leave the Exterminator Occular Enhancement which is neither a symbiant or an implant and will need to be handled entirely seperately.

May put in an appearance later today... or tomorrow at the latest, just depends how long entering the new data takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane
    I moved it to New under File as that seemed more consistent with typical Window's apps (see Jcorion's comment)..
    LOL I saw the new option, knew what it meant and what it did, but when it came time to actually use it I went straight for the clear... Need sleep.

v1.04
    Added a number of "special" implants to database. Changed results pages to use listviews for neater display. Changed suggestion list to use listview with checkboxes to enable on-the-spot selection of the desired cluster. Redid suggestion code to better handle cases where 2 clusters are free and to not make suggestions if all 3 clusters are free.

download here
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 14th, 2006 at 13:44:07.

Just a look thing, in the "Requirements" tab you have switched the words level and treatment. Love the tool, keep improving it
    Proud member of .:Nordic Alliance:.
    Centrine 209/11 Solitus Meta-Physicist (Equip)
    Sansao 205/7 Nanomage Engineer (Equip)

Oops, thanks for catching that

Only happens on symbiants, will be fixed in next version.

Profession -> Shade
    Find -> Piercing
    "Build"

Piercing related slots switch to implants.

Error or am i doing something wrong?

No, but it should probably not do that... find is only intended to work with clusters, so it should do nothing to change a location from symbiant to cluster, especially for Shades... will fix that.

v1.05

Added ability to open IMatrix data files. Corrected treatement/level requirements being switched for symbiants. Prevented the setting of found clusters from over-riding the imp/symb setting of a location.

download here

(Was about to release that anyway when I saw Dracutza's post...)
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 14th, 2006 at 13:43:15.

Spirit, Right Hand, QL200, "Rejected Right Hand Defencive Spirit" should be "Rejected Right Hand Defensive Spirit"

But that could very well be FC's problem and not really yours. Just an FYI.

I like it.

Ability to select and search an attribute for spirits/symbs would be nice. Similar to "find cluster" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracutza
    Spirit, Right Hand, QL200, "Rejected Right Hand Defencive Spirit" should be "Rejected Right Hand Defensive Spirit"

But that could very well be FC's problem and not really yours. Just an FYI.

I like it.

Ability to select and search an attribute for spirits/symbs would be nice. Similar to "find cluster" feature.
    Spirits were ripped directly from the DB, so the names are as-is

And yes, such a feature would be nice, but figuring out how best to implement it is less straight-forward

Feature Request

Could the benefits window be sortable by number? That way one click and you can see side-by-side if your say TS & MC are matched up.
    The fixer way: Root, scoot, shoot, loot.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7
    Briefcase - Cratz0r 127/7

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast