Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: it is all about mercs

Wink it is all about mercs

can u guys please tell me if there is adifferent kinds pof mercs and where can i found the seale note and how can i know when the one i will give the note too is respowend ?

Simple explanation: If you dont know, you got no chance at killing them.

Detailed explanation: You spawn a Placehoder (Otacustes) give her the Note, Mercs spawn and you kill them. All of this is in the arena at the west border of EFP. You will need at least 3 full teams of high levels, realistically, you will need even more people, and alot of time.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Sounds pretty right, but a teamful of 200+ people can take them all no problem (doctor/enforcer/soldier + DDs) ... Pulling the mercs out from the arena of course. Haven't tried taking them all at once in the ring, so I suppose for that more people is needed But why do them all in ring
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

Quote Originally Posted by Janat
    Haven't tried taking them all at once in the ring, so I suppose for that more people is needed But why do them all in ring
    i am pretty sure that this isn't possible yet.

the best we were able to do with 2 teams of 200+ was killing ris+nelly+patty at the same time, then peter+ian at the same time. the biggest issue with killing several at a time is that they heal each other, so we needed to pull them apart into seperate little clumps.

i guess with a HUGE zerg-group killing all 5 at the same time would be possible, but i think it would be tough to get that many people interested enough to do so
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Akarah
    i am pretty sure that this isn't possible yet.

the best we were able to do with 2 teams of 200+ was killing ris+nelly+patty at the same time, then peter+ian at the same time. the biggest issue with killing several at a time is that they heal each other, so we needed to pull them apart into seperate little clumps.

i guess with a HUGE zerg-group killing all 5 at the same time would be possible, but i think it would be tough to get that many people interested enough to do so
    we've done it.

go Riders.
    guess who's been hitting the rum?

We just pulled em out one by one without too much trouble. Not to hard to take down then.

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

Mercs are pretty easy these days

Killed the 2 girls together with 4 people, then ris + 1 girl at the same time, then peter + 1 girl at the same time. The Girls do almost no damage at all, and they miss a 220 about half of the time.

Ian + Peter killed us 4 though.

Enfo 220, Sol 220, Doc 219 and Advie 215
    Darkstring - Agent in training
    Darkbeak Sol 220 - Board Member of IC
    -------------------------
    ...call my name and save me from the Dark...
    *Bring me to life*, Evanescense
    I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them. -George Bush
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly." - American Batman costume warning label

AO Vault guide on Mercs.

Please note it's a rather old guide, so the mechanics to doing the quest and all is good, but if you try this without some experienced help, it won't be pretty.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeak
    Mercs are pretty easy these days

Killed the 2 girls together with 4 people, then ris + 1 girl at the same time, then peter + 1 girl at the same time. The Girls do almost no damage at all, and they miss a 220 about half of the time.

Ian + Peter killed us 4 though.

Enfo 220, Sol 220, Doc 219 and Advie 215
    maybe with another CHing Doc it might have worked? I'm assuming the CH-recharge prevented the Doc from keeping the others alive...
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jajangmyun
    maybe with another CHing Doc it might have worked? I'm assuming the CH-recharge prevented the Doc from keeping the others alive...
    219 doc doesn't CH

L216 heal outheals CH at high inits, and L218 heal outheals CH even when in full def. Not that going full def would be needed, just pointing it out
    Last edited by Janat; Aug 1st, 2005 at 10:44:00.
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

Killing all 5 in the arena just requires a MUB enfo, 2 or more 218+ docs and damage to overkill the patty/nelly heals and a reflect really.
    The ghost of forgotten wars.

The mobs that spawn Oct (Seca, Tetra and Primus something or others) inside the Primus camp are good exp for a team of 150's though, just bring either a good calmer or two docs/healers.

A 190 Adv and my 140 ish Doc killed a bunch of them one day when bored.

Just so you have an idea of how long it can take to spawn Octa...we spent over 4 hours in there, in a non stop killing circle and never got him to spawn (not that we wanted to...but I kept checking because I wanted a screenie of him).
    Docarrific - Solitus - Level 144 Band-Aid RK1
    Warrenty - Nanomage - Level 86 - Executive Officer of Mass Destruction - RK1

Squadleader of the feared "Muffins of Doom"
    and General of the Shadow Atlantians

I'm taking bets on what I can and can't solo, send me a tell and prepare to pony up some dough
    Level Updated 1 Aug 05

Quote Originally Posted by Jajangmyun
    Enfo lost aggro on Peter every now and then and during one of Ians stuns Peter killed the doc since he was busy healing the enfo.
    Darkstring - Agent in training
    Darkbeak Sol 220 - Board Member of IC
    -------------------------
    ...call my name and save me from the Dark...
    *Bring me to life*, Evanescense
    I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them. -George Bush
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly." - American Batman costume warning label

Done mercs with 4 people... 215 doc 218 shade 219 soldier and 213 Adv... so that was easy. Anyways 1 team is more than enough to kill. Our org does mercs every now and then for the people who need something and can always get 1 pulled at a time with little or no problem.

And yeah I've spent over 20 hours straight spawning, I've heard worst stories of 2-3 days :-x

If someone is interested in running the inside of the Primus camp this weekend and wants a Doc, let me know. I'd love some more of that sweet sweet exp.

I'm taking bets on what I can and can't solo, send me a tell and prepare to pony up some dough
    Level Updated 1 Aug 05

Quote Originally Posted by eaze
    Simple explanation: If you dont know, you got no chance at killing them.

Detailed explanation: You spawn a Placehoder (Otacustes) give her the Note, Mercs spawn and you kill them. All of this is in the arena at the west border of EFP. You will need at least 3 full teams of high levels, realistically, you will need even more people, and alot of time.
    or you need 1 doctor *yaws*.. if you just want to kill 1 merc that is ;P
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Yeah, you pretty much need a ratio of 1 doc per merc from what I hear...but if you have two Enfos you get a discount!

Level Updated 1 Aug 05

4 docs fits to do all mercs at ssame time (1 220, 2 215+ and 1 200-), we do this week with 3 enfos (2 220 & 1 215+ backup just in case of...), rest DD

works fine as you keep guys ranged to make it easy for healers.

dammit ! no hnta but a light one
    Trader 220/24 - NT 220/22 - Doc 145/8
    Hardi petite, tu les auras tous ...

Quote Originally Posted by ForumTroll
    or you need 1 doctor *yaws*.. if you just want to kill 1 merc that is ;P
    Just a wild guess, but if someone comes to this forum asking where he can find mercs, how big are the chances of him having a 220doc and 220 enf to help him out?

Try to keep it slightly related to the topic of the thread instead of "omg my guild is so uber the mercs dies when we look at them"

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Since you seem to be new, your best bet would be to join existing raids, instead of running it yourself.

On Rimor we had public raids some time ago, that everyone could join and thus get merc phatz. But with SL and AI the whole thing died and raids seem to be all private now.

My guild kills mercs often, and we are always recruiting. You should check it out if you are Omni on Rimor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast