Thread: UBT and attack skills???????

UBT and attack skills???????

Question

UBT
    Attack skills: Bio Metamor 50% Psycho Modi 50%
    Defence skills: Nano Resist 100%

I have to have my BM maxed to be able to cast heals but do i need to max out PM to have a better chance of ubt landing?

Need a 100% answer plz

And is it the same way with dots to????
    Artofwar(220/21)----Cheatdeath(220/18)----Reflection(220/22)

Get R' Dun

you could probably land UBT with NR8 as broken as that junk is
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I maxed PM..since it's nano skills vs nr check..
    French, deal with it.

Yes, you should land UBT better with PM maxxed. But like Red said... NR is kinda "tricky" and you'll probably land it alot even with 0 IP in PM.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

However no matter your nano skills it won't affect the mobs that have innate resistances, that is purely a % chance to block init debuffs.

You could go without maxing PM. The people you need to land it on you wont, the people you don't need to land it on, it always will. Max it if you want a higher AR for ubt though.
    Last edited by Kazeran; Nov 19th, 2010 at 21:08:44. Reason: Spelling phailz

What about for the dots... Max MC?
    Artofwar(220/21)----Cheatdeath(220/18)----Reflection(220/22)

Get R' Dun

Better chance of landing them, as well as malp if/when you pvp. Can't forget we are suppose to be getting more pvp and pvm nukes so MC will be as important as ever after we see our nano changes.

for pvm you can go without maxing PM i guess. You really need to max MC though even in pvm as our dot nano AR sucks.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Yeah, my doctor has UBT land more frequently then dots. I don't even have nearly the amount of PM as I do BM (good chunk of MC too), which leaves me to believe the concept behind dots is broken or UBT. And seeing how perks work, I'd say UBT is more broke.

Best situation I can use to sum it up - landing UBT (first time, and did it twice) on a keeper with a ton of NR, and spamming dots until I ran out of nano without one landing (over 20 attempts).
    Last edited by Siegetank; Nov 20th, 2010 at 08:22:54.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

i was told NR countering works on a % scale and you can never be fully immune to anyone your own level, there is still a small chance they can land any nano.

from what ive seen in practice, this seems to be the case. landing nanos has always been a hit or miss situation, but having the appropriate skills pumped up will affect that % to land. it may just be me but i find it easier to land dots while on full agg. not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzoidbyrg View Post
    i was told NR countering works on a % scale and you can never be fully immune to anyone your own level, there is still a small chance they can land any nano.

from what ive seen in practice, this seems to be the case. landing nanos has always been a hit or miss situation, but having the appropriate skills pumped up will affect that % to land.
    That is correct. Landing nanos vs NR works similar as landing regular hits vs evades.
    Having a better AR skills vs Def skills ratio increases your chance of landing nano and if the opponent isn't full full def the NR doesn't work well.

A rumor that keeps popping up every few years but has never been proved by extensive testing is the effect of aad on nano. I remember some test results from gatester a few years back that could support that theory but it wasn't extensive enough to judge on it. There had been more tests before that that had concluded aad has no effect.
    So no one can say for sure but if aad has an effect on NR it would not be a flat add to NR or GA and high sws fixers would counter every nano.

it may just be me but i find it easier to land dots while on full agg. not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    Also a rumor that keeps popping up but hasn't been able to be proved by testing yet.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

aad / aao have 0 effect on nano's, which is a fact. ga1-4 fixers would be unkillable at lower levels, but nukes rip them apart for a reason.

aad/aao effect perks that check nr, which is supposed to be changed come rebalance..
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Bah. ...and here I was trying to say it diplomatic...

Well, it's my understand as well so it's kinda what I wanted to say. Though I'm still intrigued by seeing how some of the test result happen.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1