Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So you make thing even more difficult.

Unhappy So you make thing even more difficult.

Now our CC can be healed by non-org personell thus forcing an random attack within hours. I talked to the bug-hunters and they say its intended. Now I tried to find a tread about an org who got an random attack and some 200+ was there already. The tread has been removed and I cannot link to it, but if you heal your CC to 100% and you got 4-5 members on the "random" attack comes within very short time. That mean in the utmost secnario that I can drop org and go city hopping doing alien raids as I please (almost). Our City and our CC is the property of The Union and its members and I dont want every Tom, Dick and Harry to tinker with it. Remove this fabulos feature with non-org personell being able to heal the CC or remove the random attacks completely. This is something 15.9 brought with it and Im not pleased with it.
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

This is not new and is how the system has worked since the release of AI and it is intended. There aren't currently any plans to change this.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

lol, whats the problem?
    Someone charging others city control with valuable cru?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    This is not new and is how the system has worked since the release of AI and it is intended. There aren't currently any plans to change this.
    Before 15.9 outside personell could not heal the CC, after 15.9 they can. And random attacks isnt random if you charge the CC to a 100%. The city belongs to our members and we pay enogh in upkeep to ensure that its not "exploited"

Quote Originally Posted by Psyloche
    lol, whats the problem?
    Someone charging others city control with valuable cru?
    Well if they force random attacks in our city......
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Someone running out of things to whine about?

geeeee ... Come harash our org and put CRU in our CC please.
    Lucas Cromfel
    Remains of Juliena 220 Novice RK1 Meta-Fiziki
    This is my legacy; by the grace of the gods, I am not alone.
    Biodome Tutorial

Remains of Octopuss - Day when justice died.

Hmm, if anyone wants to grief our org by charging up our controller you can find our city at coords 700 x 3700 in Avalon. Just travel west from the Camelot whoompa. You can't miss it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cromfeli
    Someone running out of things to whine about?

geeeee ... Come harash our org and put CRU in our CC please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromfeli
    (Btw those who dont have anything constructive to post, post your crap on Reets etc. I couldnt care less about your "funny" stuff)
    Nuff said

If you want to grief my org, give me the CRUs and I promise I'll ninja-heal the CC!

(send tell to Zitrone, RK2)
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

i don;t see any need to change it...the attacks are random after all just becuse people have figured out how to prevent them doesn't mean that they should not happen at all.

I'm sure if you get a random attack sombody in your org is online and in a team...i know alot of teams i've been in that would break off a mission for an alien defence....there invading..it's not always gonna be at a good time.

as for people chargeing it and waiting for the random spawn..i'm think if you petition it at the start of the randomraid thay might make it there in time to see him going at the general i think that would be concider'd a form of greifing
    Last edited by drgrimmy; May 6th, 2005 at 15:51:51.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Quote Originally Posted by Gonoc
    Before 15.9 outside personell could not heal the CC, after 15.9 they can.
    Just to confirm what Silirrion said, I don't think there was anything new about this in 15.9. I remember just after AI came out we would invite people to our alien raids and the the very considerate ones would occasionally heal our CC for us without asking as a gift.

Personally, I have no problems with either ability to charge other orgs' controllers or with randome attack. However, I can see why some people don't like it.

So, guys, how about offering some constructive solution instead of just flaming each other? I don't think that an org should be allowed to turn off the possibility of random attacks completely. But maybe FC could intruduce an allow/disallow flag for charging the controller by outsiders? So an org leader can turn it on before a planned raid so that the guests or alts can use their attuned CRUs to charge the controller, and disallow it after the raid is completed?

Before 15.9 outside personell could not heal the CC, after 15.9 they can. And random attacks isnt random if you charge the CC to a 100%. The city belongs to our members and we pay enogh in upkeep to ensure that its not "exploited"

Wrong. I have had outsiders charge our CT since AI was launched.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I don't quite understand the issue here, as there really isn't a problem with people "ninja healing" your CC to spawn their own general. If the org wants to do the aliens, they can run out and do the raid. If nobody from the org goes out, the person outside org who healed your CC will only get 1 Hacker'Uri (sometimes level 1) to kill and nothing else. I don't see people wasting their CRUs for the off chance that your orgmates show up to spawn more aliens to kill.
    Ryph, Enforcer, Godfather of Underworld
    Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
    Explorer 86% Socializer 66% Achiever 26% Killer 26%

Lol I love to read pointless threads and whines.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Before 15.9 people could heal the cc without being in the org.

The issue is this, if we chose to keep our CC at a lower level, then it is our city and that is how we want it. No one should be able to change that.
    Somewhere on the forums, is a post about someone who seemed to always be in a city when there was a random attack, this person was much higher level than the people in the org and basically killed all their aliens.
    I do think it is wrong for people to go around healing other org's CC's, we pay thru the nose for the cities, and the upkeep.

And cut the flaming, everyone is entitled to their opinion..
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

Okay, move this to Game Suggestions and have Funcom do the following:

Apply the same ruleset to CC healing permissions as recently introduced with out-of-org teammates getting ship invites. Problem solved (for the most part).
    Ryph, Enforcer, Godfather of Underworld
    Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
    Explorer 86% Socializer 66% Achiever 26% Killer 26%

this says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Kestin_Doxa
    If nobody from the org goes out, the person outside org who healed your CC will only get 1 Hacker'Uri (sometimes level 1) to kill and nothing else.
    Pointless discussion I agree
    Omni Soldier 220/30/70
    Alt: Chemineer - Omni engineer 220/23/64
    Alt: Chemitor - Omni doctor 220/26/70
    Alt: Chemicrat - Omni Crat 220/20/46
    Alt: Chemysicist - Omni MP 220/17/18
    Alt: Chemitech - Omni NT 220/13/52
    Alt: Chemiforcer - Omni Enforcer 220/16/20
    Alt: Chemiture - Omni Adventurer 220/16/36
    Alt: Chemi007 - Omni Agent 150/12/11
    Alt: Chemikeeper - Omni Keeper 7/0/1
    Member of Core (Former Horizon, Former Nemesis of Chaos, Former United, former Legion, former The BlackHand,former Elysium, former Rubi-Ka Elite Force)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...v/exercise.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kestin_Doxa
    Apply the same ruleset to CC healing permissions as recently introduced with out-of-org teammates getting ship invites. Problem solved (for the most part).
    There is no problem to begin with ... without any Org members in the city there won´t be any aliens, besides the odd Level 1 Hacker per wave. If the evil ninja controllerhealer really exists, just let him watch how the level 1 aliens empty the ct again without him having the chance on good loot or go and OD the crap out of him.

Or you can go and whine on the forums ... lol

"Being neutral in AO (...) is not viewed as a 'side' in and of itself." - Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Chris Soulraiser Bounocore - Proud Director of Dragon Security Agency

+ 220 ENF, 220 SOL, 220 NT, 220 ENG, 220 CRAT, 220 MP

yeah, I totally want people to randomly heal our CC - make my job easier as i usually do an alien raid every day.

If i saw someone ninja healing our CC, i would be like

/o ALIENS NOW _ GET TO CITY NOW!!!

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast