Thread: Agent Alt - Questions

Agent Alt - Questions

I have a baby agent alt (92; yes I realize my main isn't super high either, I quit a few years back). I'm an old AO player (near release) but I've been gone since shortly after the release of SL, played a lot of alts, etc .. and I'm way behind the times.

I keep reading info on the boards about people being twinked w/ Symbiants, getting on QL200 guns non-oe at level 87, etc .. stuff like that. But what is considered normal/acceptable for an agent nowadays, if I were to do SL teams (Ely hecklers once I'm high enough, I assume)?

- At level 92, what QL implants should I have at a minimum? When should I be wearing Symbiants and which slots are most vital (head being the only obvious one to me)? I have a QL200 gun and some QL161 OT Steel Ribbed in my bags, and 2 Rings of Divine Teardrops. Is that sufficient, or do I need QL200 armor ASAP?

- More importantly, at around 150, where should my nanoskills/nanoinit be? I assume with a head Symbiant, QL200 implants otherwise, and CI I'm ok at 150... do I need more? Should I be able to cast CH in Mimicoctor at 150 (I can't see how to without some serious twinkage but maybe I'm missing it), or 9% XP baton?

- Where should I look for teams at 92 and up?

- Lastly, and this is a small one .. where do the dryads who drop Pelisse of the Elysian Nymph spawn?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated. Looking to level my agent fast and make him my new main, but I don't want to horribly disappoint my first few teams after just returning to AO

PS - I have about 20m cash to twink with in addition to the gear I listed. I can scronge up maybe 40-50m more before I need to start farming, via selling crap on my Enforcer.

Let me state first that an agent can be played with different goals in mind, and other players might approach the agent profession in other ways than me. While I was leveling my agent (she's now 220/21, so not much room for leveling anymore ) I always wanted to be as independent as possible, and to me that means not only being able to solo, but also not being dependent on outside buffs such as CI. Other players might prefer to set their agent up for a higher damage output, which is also a good way to go for an agent, even if they might be more dependent on teams than me. That does not mean that I am right and they are wrong (or the other way round), we are just different.

Quote Originally Posted by Giganti View Post
    I keep reading info on the boards about people being twinked w/ Symbiants, getting on QL200 guns non-oe at level 87, etc .. stuff like that. But what is considered normal/acceptable for an agent nowadays, if I were to do SL teams (Ely hecklers once I'm high enough, I assume)?
    Ely hecklers are easy. They are perfecly suited for a boring xp grind, but they are not a challenge. It is also easy to deal a good amount of damage: Simply go FP:MA, get the MA's crit buff an use Corrosive Fists to turn your damage type to chemical, as Hecklers have very little chem AC. Try to not die from the first hit, when you fire off your aimed shot too early, though.

At level 92, what QL implants should I have at a minimum? When should I be wearing Symbiants and which slots are most vital (head being the only obvious one to me)?
    I'd suggest to get the Running (ql140) Ocular and Brain Symbiant as soon as possible; the eye symbiant will help you to cast UA/TTS, as it offers both PM and SI. You will lose some points in rifle skill (compared to a ql200 implant), but this is well compensated for with the AS bonus. Apart from these symbiants, try to twink on ql200 implants in the other slots as soon as possible.

I have a QL200 gun and some QL161 OT Steel Ribbed in my bags, and 2 Rings of Divine Teardrops. Is that sufficient, or do I need QL200 armor ASAP?
    Try to get a set of predator armor. Predator armor will last an agent for a long time. QL200 steel ribbed would also do, as would agent T1. If you have some higher level friends, you might want to try and get hold of a set of proactive armor once you reach level 150.

- More importantly, at around 150, where should my nanoskills/nanoinit be? I assume with a head Symbiant, QL200 implants otherwise, and CI I'm ok at 150... do I need more? Should I be able to cast CH in Mimicoctor at 150 (I can't see how to without some serious twinkage but maybe I'm missing it), or 9% XP baton?
    Baton is always nice to have, but you there is no need to CH at level 150. You won't be able to chain-cast CH for a long time, since you will run out of nano to fast. I consider it more important to be able to cast UBT as soon as possible, as UBT really makes a difference in a mob's damage output. Spending some perk points into Nano Doctorate and Champion of Nano Combat will help you cast these nano earlier. Also try to get a viral compiler in a ql near 300. It will help a lot with your nano init skill.

- Lastly, and this is a small one .. where do the dryads who drop Pelisse of the Elysian Nymph spawn?
    Any named dryad in ely can drop the pelisse. There are some dryad bosses at near the redeemed temple at shunpike, and some more to the SW. (The bosses are marked on sphere map.) Since these dryads also drop FRN, you will find them dead most of the time. Most higher level players are quite helpful and will allow young agents to loot the pelisse, as it is nodrop and of no value to them (at least on RK3 - don't know how this is handled on RK1/2).

PS - I have about 20m cash to twink with in addition to the gear I listed. I can scronge up maybe 40-50m more before I need to start farming, via selling crap on my Enforcer.
    There is one thing you could get without spending cash: The 1k token board. Get it as soon as possible. It will help you with your HP and nano, and the bonus to concealment alone makes it a must-have item for agents anyway.

Thanks a bunch for the helpful, detailed reply

I'll look into symbiant/pred prices once I sell a few things off. In the meantime I can fill the remaining slots w/ QL200 symbs, and start farming tokens. Hopefully I can afford it all!

And the Pelisse yeah, I think I can get a hold of one. I went out to check shortly after reading this and it's camped by non-agents. I can't see them minding if I grab one if it drops.

Thanks much, it helped a lot

Thanks a bunch for the helpful, detailed reply

I'll look into symbiant/pred prices once I sell a few things off. In the meantime I can fill the remaining slots w/ QL200 symbs, and start farming tokens. Hopefully I can afford it all!

And the Pelisse yeah, I think I can get a hold of one. I went out to check shortly after reading this and it's camped by non-agents. I can't see them minding if I grab one if it drops.

Thanks much, it helped a lot
    lol all the agents are prolly in sneak :P Atleast for me if i see one drop or i see a corpse and see one on there ill usually post on ooc that theres one and wait a couple of minutes and see if anyone /tells me and comes and picks it up... Thats on RK1 ofc ^^ But im sure if you run around to the corpses you might get lucky and find one sitting there...I dont know of many who would delete it because thats just pretty mean :P but ofc there are mean people out there -_- GL on your agent

Edit: Also I think pred is really nice armor will definetly last you long... Im 161 now and still got a couple pieces of pred on + Gloomfall... I like gloomfall ^^ Havent tried proactive armor but im going to try t2 soon if i stop being lazy and go get it :P
    RK 1 Characters
    Proud Member of Storm
    Ikilljoo 218 Agent ( Leveling watch your back tl7s!! )
    Proud Members of (AOD) Anarchists of Destruction
    Enzo101 164 Enforcer (Doing nothing :P)
    Powerful 69 Advy (no clue what im going to do with this one yet)
    FuzzyWuzzy 60 MA(Leveling to 90ish soon)