Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Post your n00bie stories

omfg i love newbie hood . my first char was a enf and i spent 6 hrs to get to level 2 hehe and i got 10k and i was like o yeah im rollin in it , but then i saw some guy and i go up to him and go o yeah i got 10k and he said ROFL i got 10 mil then i quit for 2 months lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darke1dar
    I guess I will slowly be adding points in Air Vehicle, and run speed till then, as the Kodiak has been labeled a waste of IPs to get the GV skill.
    What Sorhan said, and remember to check if you have any empty spots in your implant setup as well - you just might save a few IPs that way too.
    I should have..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

when i was a little mite some helpful person told me about the quickbar and that I should put everything up there and use my numberpad so i could fight quicker. I did exactly as the person told me and went about 10 times to reclaim =(

I had put my gun in the quickbar and was hitting it everytime i wanted to kill something so effectively I was unequipping it and then reequipping it .. =(

the ways we learn! =)
    Black "Taoh" Lotus
    Director of Komodo

~Wallaby~ General of Komodites

Slipster1012: You should level
    Taoh: It has taken me nearly 5 years to reach level 200, don't rush me!

Hehehe.. .I found an old screenie someone saved from when we had started the game.

The old backyards...

See, I come from a certain server from certain games where PvP was... dog eat dog, and pretty harcore.

So, I'm happily killing leets with my newbi agent friend... and HOLY CRAP, we start getting shot at by this dude... he was totally pwning us. He PK'd my friend, and I kicked his arse.

.... gogo fresh clan exterminators...
    {Self-Moderated by Iolanthe}
    //220//19// ex nihilo, nihil fit

Proud Veteran of Tranquility
    RK-1's First 220 Hawt Solitus Shade
    Hawter than j00 and always right. Always.

-=Mottos to Troll by=-
    "I am Paper. Rock is fine. Nerf Scissors." "Shaddup before I smite you with scary logic bombs
    and keeel you with mind bullets." "You don't have to provide all sides of an arguement
    when the other perspectives are clearly bullsh*t."

heheh..

Saw a random soldier fr00b at totw (43 ish) Guess what weapon he used?

2 x 1h edged QL 47 sword.. lol

errr..

soldier + 1h edged + fr00b =
    Meep.

Seeing weapon mismatches like that always makes me wonder if they player is just new to online games or has come from some other that doesnt "restrict" you to a core weapon set.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Merko
    heheh..

Saw a random soldier fr00b at totw (43 ish) Guess what weapon he used?

2 x 1h edged QL 47 sword.. lol

errr..

soldier + 1h edged + fr00b =
    I would say: RESPECT!

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Had a really weird discussion yesterday while playing my lowbie trader.

[OT OOC]: Player x: Can I get a SMG buff by 30?
    [OT OOC]: Me: Do you have expertise running?
    [OT OOC]: Player x: No.
    [OT OOC]: Me: Then I can get you 30. Meet me at RGB.
    [OT OOC]: Player x: Thanks a mil.
    [Noob]: can i have a mil credz?
    [Me]: I wish I had that much to give, I'm rather broke right now.
    [Noob]: but Player x said "thanks a mil"
    [Me]: ... That's just an expression.

That conversation actually made my head hurt.
    Finne, Keeper 92/2, Omni, rk2
    Gabrel, Doctor 38/2, Omni, rk2

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe
    Hehehe.. .I found an old screenie someone saved from when we had started the game.

The old backyards...

See, I come from a certain server from certain games where PvP was... dog eat dog, and pretty harcore.

So, I'm happily killing leets with my newbi agent friend... and HOLY CRAP, we start getting shot at by this dude... he was totally pwning us. He PK'd my friend, and I kicked his arse.

HAHA, I had the same thing happen, except I was the one that got PK'ed. I was so excited though when I first left the newbie ground, then came the horror of Omni-Ent.

Did anyone else get lost in the Northern part of Ent back when we used to get placed in Newbie BY's up at the sewers? LOL... So frustrating...
    Ubuntu is for people who can't understand unix.

I got stuck in the sewers in Ent once, back when the water was toxic and put a dot on you. Good times
    SdKfz182
    Omni Enforcer lvl 43/3
    Formerly Vhaal and Ghilson
    "If you want peace, prepare for war"

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe

The old backyards...

Hehe, I do know the feeling, sortakinda..
    I wasn't exactly a noob when it took place, and yet..
    After a long time of playing my Clan toon I decided for several reasons to start an ommer toon. (Silly me, I know.. )
    Anyways, I frequently tab around when I'm outside, just to make sure I'm ready if any ewol ommer mobs are around and so I did on this occasion. And as the only thing besides Leets and Reets was a clan mob I paid no heed. I should have. The guard at reclaim kindly told me so, anyways..
    I wondered for a while wth was going on before I finally figured it out, hehe..
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Perhaps the best, was out of boredom i took my 140MP to Rome subway entrance. (MP was equipped with Reanimator's Cloak, a Yearning hood (aka Sock), and a 2hb creation staff). Naturally, i was running QW just hovering there...

All of a sudden, one noob says "Look, its Jesus", then another was like "omg" - after about a minute, i had about 5 noobs running pray emotes in front of me - was funny.

So i decided to amuse them, casted a cacodemon + bela + tumult, and killed 2 of the rome guards - they were all in awe.

Then of couse a 220 enf had to show up and challengered, and they all went O.o at the pure size of him

Nonetheless, was amusing

You won't believe this.

I met an enf today. His old account had SL and the works, but for one reason or another he'd run out of money and the account had been deleted, so he now had a fr00b account he's thinking of upgrading.

The funny bit? Coming right up.

His main, a keeper, back then was level 70. When I started lamenting about all those kids with no token boards, and that on RK money > XP from mishes...

Me: Of course, hecklers drop ingots...
    Enf: Hecklers?
    Me: *confused*
    Enf: I don't get it...

Enf had never really leveled in SL at all on his keeper. He/she preferred RK for some reason, and was firmly of the opinion that people wanting moolah for every buffing people (wrangl0rz and the obvious ones notwithstanding) was silly. He/she even tried to help me make some carb since the toon I was didn't have any of the stuff needed, but he/she was 50 short on ME.

It was cute.
    Last edited by Ragunn; Sep 8th, 2005 at 22:00:26.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Here is a "newbie" story I experienced yesterday:

I was buying some stuff on my main and ran out of creds so I got a guildie to loan me a few mil. I log another char to go pay him back and suddenly start getting tells from the level 17 fixer standing next to him.

[xxx] do u have something for me?
    To [xxx] er... i don't think so?
    (hmmm, must be a mistell)
    [xxx] fixer stuff, like imps
    [xxx] I am new to this gam
    (oh... a beggar, bleh.) I check my bank anyway and find some ql30 imps. Remembering how hard it was to make money for equip as a newbie, I figure I'll overlook the begging and I start to trade him the imps.
    xxx shouts: those are to low!
    xxx shouts: give me 50+
    xxx shouts: i have ql40 in right now
    (wtf???? "new to this gam", my ass)
    my char shouts: quite demanding for a beggar, aren't you?

A little less than heartwarming, but I thought I'd share. ><
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Had this one happen yesterday when I was hovering in my yalm over the shop terms on oa hill. The conversation went something like this:

[xxx]: give me that
    [me]: give you what?
    [xxx]: your ship.
    [me]: *posts yalm*
    [me]: it's nodrop
    [xxx]: that sucks.

-Strength and Honor-

Coldkeep 129/5 opi clan keeper, rk1 - Unit Member of Bifrost

...and they loved not their lives to the death.

Iced, I admire your self control.
    I really do think I'd have told that moron what he is/was..
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    Iced, I admire your self control.
    I really do think I'd have told that moron what he is/was..
    I was pretty bored right then, so it was good for a laugh.
    -Strength and Honor-

Coldkeep 129/5 opi clan keeper, rk1 - Unit Member of Bifrost

...and they loved not their lives to the death.

I run into a basic store the other day with my 100ish Enforcer, just to sell junk from missions, once done, I noticed a few greys standing near me, and thought like I do often I'd just chuck a few random essences about.

So I cast an essence on a guy and his hp bar jumps up, he immediatly tells me to stop and leave him alone, with threats of death from 'high lvls' he knew and would tell if I didn't. Confused I asked what was wrong..

...and he explained to me how the health in his life bar was now only a third of what it was, and that I attacked him hurting him. It took 10 minutes to explain I actually increased his max health, so his current health only used a fraction of the bar now...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Dead
    I run into a basic store the other day with my 100ish Enforcer, just to sell junk from missions, once done, I noticed a few greys standing near me, and thought like I do often I'd just chuck a few random essences about.

So I cast an essence on a guy and his hp bar jumps up, he immediatly tells me to stop and leave him alone, with threats of death from 'high lvls' he knew and would tell if I didn't. Confused I asked what was wrong..

...and he explained to me how the health in his life bar was now only a third of what it was, and that I attacked him hurting him. It took 10 minutes to explain I actually increased his max health, so his current health only used a fraction of the bar now...

omg how sweet!!

I had this happen the other day...

[n00b] Do you have any creds?
    [me] *groaning at more beggers* Do a mission, go to subway, I don't give creds to beggers.
    [n00b] Please!! I was in the backyard and something stole all my money because apparently I had his sword, if I dont take the money home, my dad will whip me with an omni ncu belt .. you wouldnt want that would you?
    [me] bah lol here *hands over creds*

I dont mind giving out creds to n00bs, but they need to be creative, or do something I don't know. simply I want creds, gimmie sucks =)
    Black "Taoh" Lotus
    Director of Komodo

~Wallaby~ General of Komodites

Slipster1012: You should level
    Taoh: It has taken me nearly 5 years to reach level 200, don't rush me!

everyone was a N00b once

I started pre-Sl so upon creating a toon, you went to a backyard. Off I went to Newland backyard where I began shooting anything and everything that moved.

I finally made my way over near the "boss" and saw a leet run by. I tried shooting it. I could target it but I couldnt kill it. I tried over and over to shoot the leet, wondering what I was doing wrong. I think I even typed "die you silly leet" or something like that...

This leet, then morphed into a HUGE flying pit lizard and I thought..."OMG I am dead now!" I ran and ran, and I was so lost I ran in circles. Seems this adventurer was having a blast morphing in the backyards scaring the (*&^& out of us n00bs.

He sent me a tell that he wasnt going to hurt me and I stopped running. He spent the next 2 hours helping me learn the game. It was the best 2 hours I have ever spent in this game.
    Change is inevitable, but growth is an option

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast