Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Post your n00bie stories

[QUOTE=Jajangmyun]And remember that time when you were a newbie and you couldn't figure out how to delete a NODROP item, didn't know where the grid was[=QUOTE]

the nodrop thing kept bugging me for a long time lol

the first time i was in the grid was like: "waaaaaaauuuuuw"
    Last edited by Panther; Aug 18th, 2005 at 12:02:42.
    !!!!!!!! Proud General of Unity !!!!!!!!
    ...................Konkhra..................

Quote Originally Posted by Regulas
    remember folks, hard work sometimes pays off over time, but laziness always pays of immediately.

at around level 50 not knowing about the "med suit" or SFA or the +100 treatment boost from the surgery clinic. i was calculating what levels i would need to ding to increase my treatment so i could insert my TOTW phats!! and ding i did O.o

I'm still quite the n00bie, but here are a couple of my embarassing bits:

Took me forever to figure out that I could increase the view distance. I kept KSing people on the newbie island and couldn't figure out how to avoid it since I couldn't even see things in range (took me a while to figure out that's what the red ends on the health bars meant, too... I used to think that was part of the con system).

Only a couple of days ago, I learned all about attack rating caps and min damage. My little keeper traded in her mid QL Guard of the Gentleman for a Frost Scythe and tripled (or more) her damage output.

The aforementioned keeper is level 48, and still has a bunch of symbs that she found just lying around. I should really find a way to get better implants. The same goes for armor, though she does have a few relatively nice pieces of loot from SL that are working okay.

It's my first character of any consequence, and I've yet to take the "easy" way on anything, so virtually all of her gear is self-aquired and her cash (what little there is) is all self-earned. I could probably panhandle my org mates, but want my accomplishments to be my own. I will probably have to bow on that if I want to get a stygian, though.

busting my gut watching a lvl 8 agent today, he is spamming OOC trying to get together a coffee machine. Darn if he isnt persistant though.

My 1st embarassment was when I realized it might be a good thing to check out the dark corners of mission rooms for loot.
    ------------------------
    Bot runner - Lvl 1
    Newtral - R1/R2 - Newbie Island answer machine
    Sashsay - R1 - Lvl 30 Adv
    Longdrink - R2 Lvl 40 Fixer
    MrHaney - R2 Lvl 60 Trader
    Tabatoslotb - R2 Lvl 75 Eng
    Hesdeadjim - R2 - Lvl 57 Doc
    Oneforderoad - R2 -lvl 97 Adv
    NoCannedEwe - R1 lvl 25 Sol
    Goodwithgarlic - R1 lvl 36 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by Ragunn
    But Eradicators ARE good RK guns up until 80!
    meh.. looks like im still a noob
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

Quote Originally Posted by Russm
    meh.. looks like im still a noob
    The heck you are. :P Some people are just very elitist about equipment. Sure they might know the best effective weapons, but the same people tend to huff and puff at what works not as well as the BEST, but well enough. (You know, the "lol ur gimped" people you mentioned... the ones that go "lol, okay, dude, let me show you something" and help you out all friendly like are <3 <3 <3, though.)

Anyhow, more n00bie stories before I hit the sack.

I was leveling my NT in the subway the other day and managed to team with two froobie MPs who were well into their third or fourth toons but still didn't know how LFT and stuff worked. Still, our team of two NTs, three MPs and one engi managed all the way to Abmouth before we got slaughtered. Engi sent his bot in a bit too hurriedly and didn't tell us exactly what we should do. (I'm a subway newbie, I so am.)

Afterward I had a lot of fun with the two MPs that formed the backbone of the team. Two genuinely smart and nice newbies that knew what they were doing. They also told me of an engi that gave one of them a set of carb and 200k (which he split with himself and his MP friend). So happy there is newbie <3 out there.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

While still wallowing happily in n00bishness myself (see my post count) I have been a bit lucky with credits. Recently in a shop i was considering some new armor or such for my then level 14 agent when a level 5 fellow begain to offer a Pink Ring (ql 7 I think) for sale in vicinity chat. I explained that he probly wouldn't get much for it and might want to just sell it to a vender. He aswered something along the lines of 'well, its a very nice ring and I thought this beat begging." I bought it for 40k. still have it too.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEamon
    'well, its a very nice ring and I thought this beat begging."
    o.O That's brilliantly put.

While we're discussing some of the smarter newbies still struggling to make money: Just yesterday I bumped into a level 10 MA who was asking for credz for new buffs. "But I'll take no for an answer," he said - so not really begging, there. I told him "no" and then gave him the usual concrete cushion shtick.

Here's an interesting one I just remembered from a while ago:

[OT Shopping 1-50]: Sorhan: WTS QL80 ICC Arms 2Q2C (u) Gun Bag +20 sense/+10 psychic
    [xxxx]: hi i need that gun
    [xxxx]: but i only have 150 rifle
    [xxxx]: do you have lower quality of the same gun?
    To [xxxx]: hiya, this is the only ql i have, sorry. it's a buffing gun so lower qls won't give the same buffs anyway
    [xxxx]: it's ok i don't need the buffs i just need the gun. do you know where i can get it at lower quality?
    To [xxxx]: um, it's a buffing gun, i don't think it's actually good to fight.
    [xxxx]: it's ok i don't need it to fight
    To [xxxx]: what do you need it for?
    [xxxx]: if you put it on you look like neutral guard. i want it to disguise myself and sneak into Athen to spy on the clans
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

XD

Cute as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by KingEamon
    "well, its a very nice ring and I thought this beat begging."
    Hehe, this made me think of one spiel I read about on the forum years ago: An agent walked into a shop with his brand new "sock" and yelled "Eveybody down, it's a hold-up!"
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

omg i hate the look of that dam sock /me shutters
    Mouadiib - Crat (220) - Main
    Crishian - MP (220) - PVP MP
    Willitankit - Enfo (220) - I wanna sammich!
    Haliy - Doc (220) - Research galore... fun fun :/
    Xaii - Agent (220) - In hiding
    Vindeta - Engi (220) - TS Engi
    Vindetta - Soldier (220)
    Nisset - Shade (220)
    Mouaa - Trader (220)
    Rochambau - Froob Fixer (200)
    Lliaa - NT (126) - Ely kit xp powerlever
    Miserii - MP (100) Formans twink
    Kahluafix - Fix (60) GA3 totw twink

hmm what can it be now. 6-8 months ago i had a chat with a lowbie doc about AO stuff,guilds and what to do and such,and we chatted over the months while she was lvling but yesterday i saw how high lvl she had become 219 doc and she ended up healing me on yesterdays Beast raid.
    no longer neither n00bie or newb but a damn good doc
    glad to see that
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Heh, I rolled a new soldier and kept him neutral until the later levels on n00bie island. All kinda of questions that were asked. I answered a bunch of them myself. Someone asked if I was an ARK since I was so helpful I said nope, I just been here too long
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc
    Heh, I rolled a new soldier and kept him neutral until the later levels on n00bie island. All kinda of questions that were asked. I answered a bunch of them myself. Someone asked if I was an ARK since I was so helpful I said nope, I just been here too long
    Have rolled a few chars there too.. and one night I answered a lot of questions too.. I was not asked if I was an ARK, but.. more like.. "you should join ark " statement

Another story..
    Me and some org-mates are killing some pb's in pen, and a soldier sits near the incarnator. He is patient and asks us if we can help him kill the ice-golem. He only needs on of the Molars for himself, we can bring 5 other lucky ones. Which was very fair, since he had the pattern, all we can say is sure. If you can find a mp and a good tank.
    When we are done with the pb's, we talk more. He has asked his org.. no meta.. and he wants to use his inferno boots (he showed us them).
    We get one of our org-metas on the way and then he shows us the ice-golem.. ..
    It is a complete pattern of ice-golem.

To add to the story, he was a lvl 210 soldier... ;D

(yes we had a some small giggles and raised eyebrows when we pressed t on him, during our conversation)
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

hey, im a 209 sol and ive only been in inferno twice

ive been kinda broke for awhile tho, i guess that explains it...
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

Not to say if it was ignorance, bravado, or curiosity, but after rolling and finishing a few missions in Rome and Galway, I went ahead and did the Mr Baxter mission.

I looked at the planet map saw where the mission was...and hit the road. I ran from Rome, past Omni-1, to Omni Forest. I ran, sneaked, and swam. to get there.

I survived the trip, but I did pick up a train of Hammerheads, while going through Lush Fields, but I was able to stay ahead of them, till I zoned crossing the river near Omni-Ent.

Quote Originally Posted by Darke1dar
    Not to say if it was ignorance, bravado, or curiosity, but after rolling and finishing a few missions in Rome and Galway, I went ahead and did the Mr Baxter mission.

I looked at the planet map saw where the mission was...and hit the road. I ran from Rome, past Omni-1, to Omni Forest. I ran, sneaked, and swam. to get there.

I survived the trip, but I did pick up a train of Hammerheads, while going through Lush Fields, but I was able to stay ahead of them, till I zoned crossing the river near Omni-Ent.
    Eeek! Hope you got a run buff first at least...
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv

Quote Originally Posted by Sorhan
    Eeek! Hope you got a run buff first at least...
    No Buffs, and my level was in the teens.

I guess I will slowly be adding points in Air Vehicle, and run speed till then, as the Kodiak has been labeled a waste of IPs to get the GV skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Darke1dar
    No Buffs, and my level was in the teens.

I guess I will slowly be adding points in Air Vehicle, and run speed till then, as the Kodiak has been labeled a waste of IPs to get the GV skill.
    I'd say to wait until you actually have the yalm (best is veh air 81 skill req) before you stick any points into veh air. By that time, trickle down from your base abilities will have helped you some, and there are always veh air buffing items or implants to make it the rest of the way.

No reason to raise veh air now and end up with way more than you need later.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast