Thread: Back after several years

Post Back after several years

Hello there, returning to the game after a number of years away. Can see a lot has changed and I'm a bit over my head at the moment so I'm taking a crash course in how to play again. Originally started with a free account, but this time I took the plunge and went for the whole shabang.

Just feeling my way through the dark as it was - part of that is figuring out the vechiles, including my scout mech, which I'm guessing I can only use in Lost Eden content areas since I'm supposed to have it but there's no sign of it.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll find my feet in time however painful or how many stupid questions it may involve.

welcome back and have fun

and remember, no questions are stupid unless they are
    May the Bugle be with you.

MrBugle
    MrBoogle

Quote Originally Posted by Wynters View Post
    Hello there, returning to the game after a number of years away. Can see a lot has changed and I'm a bit over my head at the moment so I'm taking a crash course in how to play again. Originally started with a free account, but this time I took the plunge and went for the whole shabang.

Just feeling my way through the dark as it was - part of that is figuring out the vechiles, including my scout mech, which I'm guessing I can only use in Lost Eden content areas since I'm supposed to have it but there's no sign of it.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll find my feet in time however painful or how many stupid questions it may involve.
    shift+V for vehicle option.
    I thinnk the scout mech were given to those who preordered LE.

All mechs can be used outdoors (on RK) and in the battlestation(need LE for battlestations).

Ah, shift-V is it for personal vehicles? I was using the tab by the character button and kept getting told vehicles where prohibited in this area, even though I saw a couple of others using hover car style ones nearby. I know it said order through global research on the tab but I assumed it doubled up for your own too. I guess that explains that then, thanks for clearing it up.

See, really am feeling my way through the dark, I should finish chipping away with the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynters View Post
    I was using the tab by the character button and kept getting told vehicles where prohibited in this area, even though I saw a couple of others using hover car style ones nearby.
    Shift-V and the Order Vehicle button are for accessing the Mechs only.

Yalms, Jetbikes, Hoverboards, and the like are equipped differently than the mechs. Those are equipped either by putting them in your Hud 1 slot (Yalms for example), or by casting a nano (Jetbikes and Hoverboards). These types of vehicles are usable in many more places than the Mechs are.

As already mentioned, Mechs are only usable outside in certain areas on RK, or in the Battlestation.

To check it out, try going to Newland City, outside the city walls. Try equipping your mech there. Use Shift-V or the Order Vehicle button. Once that window is open, click on the button for the mech you want, then click on the Order button at the bottom of that window. If it still doesn't work, then there's some kind of problem.

Be patient. You don't mech up instantly. It takes less than a minute, but it seems like a long time when you do it for the first time.
    Last edited by tiralee; Jan 9th, 2008 at 17:20:42.

AFAIK, Mechs can be used in any Playfield that has a Tower Site (excluding SL) in it as well as the Battlestations. Which is why you can pull it out in ICC but not in Borealis.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Well, I figured it out, cheers for the info. Was complete stupidity on my part as I mistook a forest area for being wilderness but I was in fact still within the city walls. Found the way out after looking around viola, one scout mech appeared. One thing figured out, hundreds more to go

yo.

im back, with a free account that has notum wars on it... so im curious, Is being a froob still fun? do we get to use any expansions besides NW? and... is rimor still dead? i remember when RBB used to lag my computer... or at least borealis... hows the game now?

Quote Originally Posted by exlightblack View Post
    im back, with a free account that has notum wars on it... so im curious, Is being a froob still fun? do we get to use any expansions besides NW? and... is rimor still dead? i remember when RBB used to lag my computer... or at least borealis... hows the game now?
    RBB and Borealis still have groups of people in them Most have gone to the treats FC have provided (LE missions, Albatraum, S10, etc)
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I just got back into the game but where can we purchase the mechs? I saw on the account's page the option to purchase a scout mech. But while I was in the game client within the vechicle option menu, it looks like there are several things that can be purchased. If I purchase points from the webpage, can I purchase a heavy mech and a scout mech? Also what are the IP reqs to drive them? Do they have weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by rubina1 View Post
    I just got back into the game but where can we purchase the mechs? I saw on the account's page the option to purchase a scout mech. But while I was in the game client within the vechicle option menu, it looks like there are several things that can be purchased. If I purchase points from the webpage, can I purchase a heavy mech and a scout mech? Also what are the IP reqs to drive them? Do they have weapons?
    Personal Mech was LE preoder only. Now you can purchase that form the account page. Rest of the mechs you should have allrdy. Hit shift+v and select one. If you re not in a city you should be able to get it work.
    They do have weapons. No ip or skill required ( :\ ) Also when inside a mech you should get burst fling and FA if your side has completed the research for it.
    Last edited by psyxor; Jan 14th, 2008 at 14:16:29.
    Member of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Presentation Video divx | youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though )