Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Definitive Research on Best PvM Doc Weapons Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rsee View Post
    i am sure this question has been asked, but i didn't see the answer. Why is the kry pistol type 4 and not type 5? how much does all this change with Le adding to pistol/ma/HW and raising attack rating?
    There is no Kyr'Ozch Pistol - Type 5. Energy pistol and machine pistol can be typed 5, but the one using actual pistol skill is only 1 or 4.

On the other hand, the new Ofab pistol does both burst and fling with a faster burst recharge than the Kyr'Ozch. This could raise the pistol numbers a bit.
    Hlep gnak!

Hmm, for the pistol thing - with the shiny cluster in the Right Wrist, you lose either 100+ AR or a good chunk of NanoDelta.

Granted, pistol is still great for twinks (especially pre-100 where symbiants are weak and Jobe implants can't be worn above QL 100 due to TL4 lock) but even with the increased skill from perks and research, are they worth taking seriously at higher levels?

Might just be a quirk of mine, I have to get weapons I can triple-implant without losing symbiants or that golden wrist.

(Yeah, I IPR'd... 1hB with Kyr hammers now, it's really cute )
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    There is no Kyr'Ozch Pistol - Type 5. Energy pistol and machine pistol can be typed 5, but the one using actual pistol skill is only 1 or 4.
    that would be a pretty good reason lol.

Well pistol aint that bad at all, sure the clusters are bad but higher base of pistol makes lot up for it, also we got a lot +pistol from lost eden.

I dont need myself bright and faded mc cluster to cast my top dots self nor any nano skill buffing armor, sure loosing em is slight disadvantage in pvp, but then again you dont use pistols anyway if u 100% into pvp.

Keeping 300 ql pistol out of Oe aint that bad, sure you have to get some pistol skill somewhere, more than just base skill+CoLA but you dont have to give up shiny nano delta for it nor dont you have to wear full supple set or anything like that.

Wheres pistols werent that popular DD choise in AI, they surely can be awesome DD in LE.

Using myself ql 300 + 275 LE pistol and having fun with em.
    Last edited by Steelblade; Feb 14th, 2007 at 17:58:49.
    Steelblade 220/30, RK2 Clan Doctor, General of Haven My Equip Upcoming Perks
    Zteelo 214/17 Clan Enf, RK2 --- Retired for now ---
    Zteel 208/13 Clan Mp, RK2 ---Retired Tradeskiller--
    Snipeshot 170/14 Clan Agent, RK2 > Active
    Roleplayer 105/7 Clan NT, RK2 --- Waiting for re-equip ---

so i finally found one of those ip simulators and found out i can (theortically) max out heavy weapons, burst, shotgun, and AS (with enough fling to both get MBC on and out of OE) without sacrificing my evades nor my healing. Ofc it means i do 0 tradeskillz except for computer science. I don't know if i will go that route for sure, since everyone seems to think we will get some love with 17.2, but i was happy to see the possibility of getting a pvp and pvm weapon choice. also im kinda excited about trying a rocket launcher in the battle stations. I know they destroyed my mech a number of times and would like to return the favor.

so i finally found one of those ip simulators and found out i can (theortically) max out heavy weapons, burst, shotgun, and AS (with enough fling to both get MBC on and out of OE) without sacrificing my evades nor my healing. Ofc it means i do 0 tradeskillz except for computer science. I don't know if i will go that route for sure, since everyone seems to think we will get some love with 17.2, but i was happy to see the possibility of getting a pvp and pvm weapon choice. also im kinda excited about trying a rocket launcher in the battle stations. I know they destroyed my mech a number of times and would like to return the favor.
    Yeah, imo that's viable, and was my plan pre silverback

Quote Originally Posted by Steelblade View Post
    Using myself ql 300 + 275 LE pistol and having fun with em.
    Steel,

I am a Solitus 220 Doc and currently on the road to dual LE Pistols. Gimme a small hint how to equip a 275ish in your offhand. With maxed Multi-skill, maxed Ambidextrous, Aries Sleeve, 6 300ish Supple (or Combined), 3 275ish Imps, Juggler's Treat, 2 Cama Pearl's I am @1519 Multi Skill.
    Having 300ish Imps wil give me some additional 19 points and a Ransacking Tower something around 38.
    Will trickle down add that much Multi skill?

You may PM me,

Kris
    Krissy Krisdoc Machtgesund (LVL220/21 Doc)
    Lussam (LVL150 Enfo - Sector10 tank )
    Yeah "Mixit" Baby - Grenade-Engineer
    Prince "Cratbureau" Charming

I have a question for the melee docs (again, I suck at this "math" thing)

1hB (kyr hammers) has more min/max damage and higher crits, however, I'm thinking there's just NO way to cap out Fast Attack to 6s. With 1.5 speed it would take 1800 FA.

1hE (axes) has less min/max, lower crits, but can cap FA with only 1320 skill... which would be tough, but can be done by my calculations (which, admittedly, may be flawed.)

How does this come out at endgame?

The main reason I ask is that 1hE demands an IP sink in the form of Sneak Attack (this doc is strictly for PvM, so SA is worthless).

Does 6-7s FA vs. 10-11s (assuming 1300+ FA skill) make a solid enough difference to make up for the overall lower damage of the axe (and a significant enough difference to justify a tremendous IP sink) or is it a style/preference/SA for PvP thing?

All that said, I'm pretty much set on 1hB, as it's pretty rare form for docs (I even occasionally get asked for MP buffs...), and I love the white tracers from the hammers when I /disco...
    Last edited by Angel_1; Feb 26th, 2007 at 14:28:11. Reason: math=sux
    (stuff) - (more)
    And the alt army

did you look at melee energy hammers? A lot of docs/mps you see with hammers are doing melee energy. And it gives you the option of mixing with 1 or 2 Swords of Dawn/Dusk.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_1 View Post
    The main reason I ask is that 1hE demands an IP sink in the form of Sneak Attack (this doc is strictly for PvM, so SA is worthless).
    Not true, with timing/skill it's quite useful actually.
    Well, I guess if you can cap/close to cap it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    did you look at melee energy hammers? A lot of docs/mps you see with hammers are doing melee energy. And it gives you the option of mixing with 1 or 2 Swords of Dawn/Dusk.
    I can't use SoD's, I'm neutral.

Also, 1hB caps out WAY higher than melee energy, can be buffed an additional 101 for equipping by even a relatively low level enforcer (Thug's Delight and Brutal Thug stack), and has the advantage of requiring no implants in the head.

Obviously, there's no research available for it, but then again, 1hB also fits with nano delta better than, say, pistol (and to ranged anyway)
    Last edited by Angel_1; Feb 26th, 2007 at 18:18:40.
    (stuff) - (more)
    And the alt army

So how do doc left/right hands factor into this? I'm assuming they OD the hell out of Kyr pistols. Do they also end up OD'ing MA (shen) and KMP setups?
    (stuff) - (more)
    And the alt army

Dreadloch pistols

Has anyone done a DD simulation for a 220 doc with Doctor's Left Hand of Grace and Doctor's Right Hand of Hope?

.s

sairs there was an epeen thread where pistol DD docs and shen stick docs timed how long it took them to kill LoTV. pistol docs won by a considerable margin. i don't think anyone has taken the time to do the numbers the way they were done in this thread, but i think its a safe assumption to say the doctor pistols own pvm damage.

Anyone happen to have a link to that epeen thread?

.s

sairs there was an epeen thread where pistol DD docs and shen stick docs timed how long it took them to kill LoTV. pistol docs won by a considerable margin. i don't think anyone has taken the time to do the numbers the way they were done in this thread, but i think its a safe assumption to say the doctor pistols own pvm damage.
    i think its safe to say that you are very much wrong

Euncha proved a long while back a MA doc was the way to go, he pwned every doc who took up the challenge of trying to OD him

Shen stick/bob ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    i think its safe to say that you are very much wrong

Euncha proved a long while back a MA doc was the way to go, he pwned every doc who took up the challenge of trying to OD him

Shen stick/bob ftw
    Or Shen/Shen....
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Or Shen/Shen....
    meant dual of each but w/e :P

when and where did Euncha prove that? I'm not saying you are wrong, just that my recollection of that thread was the pistol docs coming in a couple minutes faster than the MA docs.

eunucha has a big thread challenging any doc to OD him, so far no-one has won 100m from him :>

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast