Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowbie enfo aggro!

Lowbie enfo aggro!

Sorry to invade your forums, but I have come here for support! 8p

To make a long story short, enforcers have aggro problems between level 180-215. After which it is not so bad. And at end game 220, aggro is hardly a problem. Funcom is trying to add a 50k single taunt for PvM. With a 1500 ish req cast. They did the same thing with the new mongo, and 180-215 enforcers are still having the same aggro issues as before. Since this "new single taunt" will benefit next to nobody, I have suggested changing it to a lower level, more efficient taunt that will benefit 180-220 end game enforcers. But I need post's that support the idea for Funcom to take it half serious (if at all).

Seeing how there are hardly any enforcer's around. (Prolly cause most of us can't spell or read!) We need your help to convince Funcom to give lowbie enforcer's the PvM love they need. 8( Please post your suggestions and experience's about the topic. Idea's and suggestions are welcome. Here is the link.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=527892

Save the lowbie enfo's!
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Sure. I'll come help as I can. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Bah! But I LIKE stealing aggro from lowb enfos.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Bah! But I LIKE stealing candy from little babies.
    Evol!

To all you Enforcers:
    You are the core of the team. You have an overwhelming presence, such that mobs never dare even look at your doc. In battle, you fall before your teammates do, and even then you alway give a good account of yourself to your foes. By excelling in crowd control, you make yourself a valuable tool to any team. Take a beating with a smile, tank with pride. Be faithful to the Enforcer's Creed: "Hugging reclaim, so that you don't have to."

Author of Fundamentals of Tanking

Emicrisis
    L220/23 Opifex Doctor Emislicer L220/20 Atrox Enforcer Emiphne L220/17 Solitus Shade

Quit game in Sept 07. Have fun, guys

I'd like to see more good enfs returning and level 150-215 are the levels enf (like docs) used to learn how to become good. Them tanking again instead of "having to leech" because they can't keep aggro is a great way to get back to that.
    Total support.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    I'd like to see more good enfs returning and level 150-215 are the levels enf (like docs) used to learn how to become good. Them tanking again instead of "having to leech" because they can't keep aggro is a great way to get back to that.
    Total support.
    they should learn 'how to become good' by level 60-100...
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

There's a big difference in gameplay between say 60-100 and 150-205, and tl7.
    Nowadays at 150 teams regulary start fighting targets that are harder to tank (ado hecks come to mind;p) and require more "skill" (using the term loosely) then previous mobs that a doctor with storebought nanos could outheal. Hence, I picked that level range.

Sure, would be great if they learn it by 60-100 - but like they say: You grow with your challenges. And there's not much challenge for the average team player at those levels, sorry. (Partly us TL7 that pocket their alts are too blame for less skills involved though all levels though. )
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

If an enforcer is able to cast enough taunts to keep aggro (barely). His setup suffers a loss in damage, and ability to mitigate damage because of it. During these levels (180-215) we have lower survivability and damage, while barely being able to maintain aggro. We have to have a very good setup before we can compete with a same level advy/soldier/keeper/ma in terms of aggro and tankability. The choice is pretty obvious (and can't be blamed on the team mates, or the enforcer). We simply are not effective during those levels, and I don't think its any secret.

I am asking for a tool that will allow us to maintain aggro effectively, while being able to wear gear suited for tanking, and not casting. We still may not be top DDer's, but this will help us focus on damage mitigation rather than how many times we are able to cast a given nano.

I am sure most of you have teamed with a lowbie enforcer that tried to keep aggro, but stood no chance. And prolly ended up having the soldier, or MA, or advy tank. Because they took damage better. Or simply because the enforcer couldnt keep the aggro from them. Help us fix the problem! 8)

Bump the post! Enfo's are your friend! 8p
    Last edited by Wantsumore; Apr 23rd, 2008 at 04:22:45.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    There's a big difference in gameplay between say 60-100 and 150-205, and tl7.
    Nowadays at 150 teams regulary start fighting targets that are harder to tank (ado hecks come to mind;p) and require more "skill" (using the term loosely) then previous mobs that a doctor with storebought nanos could outheal. Hence, I picked that level range.

Sure, would be great if they learn it by 60-100 - but like they say: You grow with your challenges. And there's not much challenge for the average team player at those levels, sorry. (Partly us TL7 that pocket their alts are too blame for less skills involved though all levels though. )
    I'm not sure enfs, or anyone, have to learn to become good at any level these days..

1-40: anything, really.. solo if you want
    40-80: pocketed nasc hecks
    80-130: pocketed ely hecks
    130-160: pocketed ado hecks
    160-210: leech in inf
    210-220: your inf teams no longer really need a tank

Last Sunday, a 156 enf refused to join our (non pocket) ado heck team because we needed a tank and he said he couldn't tank hecks. (after doing non-pocketed hecks for a while, a new teammate logged his 220 enf to pocket -- an enf that, using non-improved mango, had to sit down to recharge nano in between hecklers).. The first thing you hear in any levelling team is "anyone have a pocket?"

I'll rather suggest that the enfs that are good around 150 are the ones who decided they wanted to tank when they rolled the char, and as such have been "good" (but learning!) since they rolled the character. This of course does not change the fact that there is a "dead zone" in about the level range Herk suggests, and that enfs in that level range need more help than 220 ones. Endgame enfs have quite enough aggro with improved mango.
    Hlep gnak!

An enf that wants to learn how to tank at lower levels has the tools to make it work, it's just a question of attitude then, and getting the team to help him out with nano perhaps
    TL6+ and specially lower TL7 it doesn't really matter if he wants it, the tools he has are underpowered in todays game, this is when the tanks with the right attitude often lose interest cause they can't be what they want to be, while the ones who don't care about tanking has no problem continuing.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

It's sad when you team with shades tanking better than the enfo in your team... There are to many enfo's these days that doesn't know what holding aggro is, and when you ask him to tank he says no, because he doesn't want to die...
    Well, reroll another prof!!!
    But then again, I am really happy when I team with a enfo that tries! Doesn't matter if he manages to do it or not.. But when you ask the enfo, which is a tank prof and should tank, if he has any taunt tools and he answers: What is that?
    *leave team*
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Of course enfo's should have the best aggro management tools that works the real way. The wrong way is calms :-)

I'd also suggest that the taunt of Complete Heal in SL also gets bumped then, perhaps 200k taunt?, so leveling doctors will be a bit on reclaim and figure out the most efficient way that more hp is good. I remember that CH-ing the tank and dying got the attention of the team, noone ran when enfo and doctor shouted run, but with dead doctor and tank at full health but loosing it rappidly, the most idiotic players got into their head that legging it was a good idea.

I don't know when enfo's are able to cast different taunts, but from your ideas I miss a 15k or 20k taunt.

Nothing beats standing next to a solid enfo, stimming him nano and filling up hp. Ah, the memories.

In my eyes an enfo should be pure testerone, shouting "my aggro ffs!", beat team into cooperation with intimidation and humour while doctors meditate the differences and emo situation in teams :-)
    Stop thinking of MMORPGS as girlfriends, think of them as a harem and just enjoy todays favourite.

I definitely disagree with the taunt of CH being increased.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Retired Doc Professional
    not that theyre going to touch CH at all, but i like CH tanking from time to time when its necessary
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    not that theyre going to touch CH at all, but i like CH tanking from time to time when its necessary
    Yup, I agree there. I'm just talking about there being an increase if they add more taunts for the ackward range for enfos.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by dockwagon View Post
    I don't know when enfo's are able to cast different taunts, but from your ideas I miss a 15k or 20k taunt.
    Approximate levels to self (as in: with no MP buffs) mango without really twinking or gimping yourself:

2.5k: level 15-20
    5k: 60-100 (and works nicely until you can use 10k)
    7.5k: reqs too close to 10k to bother getting, imo
    10k: 120-140
    25k: never

(I say "never", as improved mango requires either that you wear otherwise undesirable items solely for their nanoskill buff or that you twink "near 300" relevant symbs. This is of course on top of CoNC 10).

Something to go between late elysium and twinked endgame would be more desirable than an unnecessary additional taunt for twinked endgame.
    Hlep gnak!

Retired Doc Professional
    your right, wagon. i removed my own off topic posts.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Yaaar! What ^ said!! 8p Now bump my thread so our enfo's can save your butt's more often! 8p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

srsly.

a 'know his toon in and out' lvl 205 enforcer could easily hold aggro from even the FA-crazy soldiernoobs out there.

toolset toolset toolset!@
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    your right, wagon. i removed my own off topic posts.
    and mine too! ~grumbles~
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast