Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoned for Life (Or how to switch Hate to Pity)

With all we dont know..we are all pretty much sure about one thing..we are going to die.

Well the way I look at it..everything else is playtime and for fun...if we do infact take anything with us (morally etc..) to the grave we really dont have any facts and its just something to believe.

Infact not believing in the afterlife or that we really have some special purpose in this world can cause agony and dementia (potentially.) This is why I believe we must conjure up these thoughts in order to maintain mental stability even if we know literally nothing beyond the grave.

Infact not believing is my belief so in short its still all silly ..infact anything said about the topic of life is silly because nobody knows anything beyond what they believe..and nobody can prove jack lol.

Sooooo have fun, love, eat, sleep, repeat and let your life be filled with joy for tomorrow we may die

Personally I hope I am dead wrong. I want the meaning of life to be similar to the viking meaning...brave make it to heaven or Valhalla(sp)...course I dont know much about Vikings...perhaps Mastablasta could help me out or Shareda lol
    Last edited by Sir_Malak; Mar 23rd, 2008 at 20:42:29.
    No longer plays. It ruins my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Malak View Post
    ...Infact not believing in the afterlife or that we really have some special purpose in this world can cause agony and dementia (potentially.) ...
    I disagree.
    If we think there is no after life, no second chances then wouldn't we take greater efforts to live our lives? Doesn't believing that we have a "special purpose" justify actions that are actually harmful to society because the omnipotent has not stopped you and make you complacent that what needs to be done you will do but don't really need to make happen as it is all already planned?

I think those that don't need to believe there is something out there watching over them, that they don't need to be comforted once a week that they are part of society, that they don't need to feel they have divine right of action, that they will die and cease to exist and fully accept that and because of it decide to live anyway to the full, they are the ones least likely to suffer from delusions, inferiority complexes and dementia.

Nietzsche had it right Strip us of our titles and what do we have? what are we? Society will literally not give a rats arse if we live or die.
    No longer plays. It ruins my life.

I haven't read Nietzche, just seen him quoted a few times.

*Goes off to Project Gutenberg in order to get some reading material on him.*

It does depend on the society in order of importance we have;

Western:

• I
    • My family
    • My friends
    • My company
    • My country

Old Eastern:

• Our country
    • Our company
    • Our friends
    • Our family
    • Me.

I think a kamakazie whether he is being misused or not probably cares the most about what he is dying for. The people her sacrifice will protect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12