Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Marius said 2 months to AT30 for hardcore players, reality or fiction?

Wht Haxukthx said.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Please keep this on the topic of AXP and Defender Rank estimates.

Think nobody on test is AI15 or higher. Almost impossible to do daily raids and for us there isnt even the RCU-issue...raids just get boring to do and not much to look forward too. Perhaps they should give a better reward from AI20+, am even thinking about one IPR point each AI level above 20 (says the person who hates the IPR discussion, but at least this way people have to work for them)

Quote Originally Posted by Yana
    Think nobody on test is AI15 or higher. Almost impossible to do daily raids and for us there isnt even the RCU-issue...raids just get boring to do and not much to look forward too. Perhaps they should give a better reward from AI20+, am even thinking about one IPR point each AI level above 20 (says the person who hates the IPR discussion, but at least this way people have to work for them)

Great stinking flaming gods from heaven..Iwould become a axp machine if they put 1 ipr point per level beyond AL 20. Hell id do it if it was one point per level beyond AL 25!!

Im a damn fixer..givem me a reason..hell ANY reason to go beyond AL 13...the perks jsut plain stink. They may look shiney at first..but they are extremly weak. Maybe beef the perks up a bit and youll see peeps going for levels again. I'm almost AL 9..and I run and hide form my guild when I hear OMG!! alienz plz!!!" in GC. Its worse grinding than hecklers at times. And I do so enjoy fninding the items that drop that I cant equp for the next 10-13 SL's.....those are always nice.

(quote form guildchat: Ahh crap...we found ANOTHER frigin Ql 298 Energy sword...meh, toss it on the pile with the other 18 we have..)
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

The only thing I am curious about is does noone understand CRUs may be bought in Trader Terminals? Sorry if this was already posted but I didn't feel like reading through all five pages currently in this thread.
    [Team] Darich: this sucks. only 2 adds so far lol

Im sure everyone is aware that CRUs *are* buyable in the trader term. however they are only up to QL4.. meaning you would need to buy 25 to fully recharge the CC. I do not remember the price of the QL CRUs but if you wanted to fill your CCs health every raid, in addition to the monthly upkeep... thats one expensive alien raid. but regardless of that.. this thread is about the timesink to reach AI30, not blitzing CRUs. The lack of a reward to really even try to finish the grind.

Unfortunately , I agree with the AI grind....
    During the 1st month, I've done more than 1 raid per day , and all I have is 14 perks... and no real reason to continue except veryveryvery rare drops.

I hope that the next AI dungeon will help players who don't want to spend 3 years getting some perks to have fun again killing aliens.
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

I think most of use just wait the new area patch with aliens.

And the AT30 @ 2 month is pure SCI-fiction.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

I got AI level 18 atm, with ap. 8k aliens killed.

My guild does 1-2 raids per day, but we rarely clean the ship, since
    1) We loose 50% of all raiders from Alien nukes.
    2) Ppl fall asleep over keyboard after spending 1,5 hours to make it to the bosses.
    3) Ppl don't want to go inside of the ship anyway, since the time spent/reward just don't match, and the variety is missing.
    4) We don't have enough firepower to kill the Heru bosses (alien docs).

So, basically I make 50k axp per day.

Now, at this pace it will take me 1596k/50k = 32 days to ding lvl 19.

Lvl 30? Forget about it. If I'm lucky I might ding lvl 23 in 12 months time.

Lvl 30 might be doable in 2,5 years.

My doc is one raid from AL 13.

Am hanging up my coat, have had my fill of this chasing Alien raids thing.

I considered myself pretty much 'hardcore' for time spent ingame and you see how much I managed to achieve !

3 major problems that make impossible to reach AT30 in 2 months of hardcore gaming.

1- CRU avalaibility: This is a grind... you need a full team, you need to pull many team missions just to kill the boss and drop rate is too low... some threads have suggested a tradeskill process to build CRUs. Anyhow, we need an easier way to get CRU... Our guild rarely do raids every day because of that...

2- Aliens nukes : When someone is nuked to death by a little bug with only 1 nuke (my max is 9k under 25% reflect), something is wrong... Aliens nukes are too powerful and aliens cast them too often. My NT has 2200 Nano Resist in full def mode... And nukes by 190-210 mobs land very often... Now, people know that they can die anytime anywhere from alien because of 1 nuke... not encouraging to do aliens raids...

3- AXP : I'm biaised because, as a NT, I got many kills per raid... Anyway, AXP is too low... specially for high levels aliens... a 190ish bug in team gives ~700 AXP when a lvl 300 general give 1100.... There's no AXP curve for mobs... means that the reward doesn't match the time/effort
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

Guys, wake up! There is NO WAY to get AT30 in 2 months. I would say its impossible even in 6 months, there aint any real hardcore players left in AO.

There is a reason why Marius is stepping down, AI was a disaster, and his skills with numbers is limited as we can clearly see.

Lets hope they will fix this with the upcoming patches which a re coming soon (tm).
    Mighty Hera, Level 220/30/70 Atrox Enforcer
    Mighty - Having or showing great power, skill, strength, or force.

Dark Front - Want to join us? Visit our homepage!
    Don't underestimate the power of the m00! + For those who didn't kn0w!

The invasion isn't over yet :>
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

Quote Originally Posted by lunette
    The invasion isn't over yet :>
    Yeah, but the 2 months are
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Oh the good old time when ai raids meant a challenge and ppl actually died on it.

WTS spoonfed AO
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Bad necro, stop it! *smacks hand*
    There is a method to all chaos. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Oh the good old time when ai raids meant a challenge and ppl actually died on it.

WTS spoonfed AO
    Is this going to be followed by a post where you bitch about how hard it is to play your fixer?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

XP/SL scale/curve is like a hockey stick.

The AIXP scale is like a hockey stick to your groin.

The personal research scale is like a hockey stick up the rectum...that leaves splinters.
    Last edited by Glarawyn; Aug 13th, 2008 at 19:09:50.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    XP/SL scale is like a hockey stick.

The AIXP scale is like a hockey stick to your groin.

The personal research scale is like a hockey stick up the rectum...that leaves splinters.
    An... uncomfortable truth.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union