Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marius said 2 months to AT30 for hardcore players, reality or fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by redwood
    Reading thru this thread I was glad to see I am not the only one who !@#$%'s the CRU grind ...
    Everybody does. I bet even Marius.

Some hate it more then others though.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Reading thru this thread I was glad to see I am not the only one who !@#$%'s the CRU grind ...
    CRU is the lesser evil in AI for sure.

I share Marx view on the CRU, the droprate isn't that bad if you pull high level missions while in a full team.

Personally I think the 20% is pretty accurate and when you have people stay in teams after the AI raid and everyone runs like 1-2 missions, you should maintain a constant flow of CRUs.

Not saying the CRU solution works for everyone at all level ranges, but to call it a grind compared to the huge AXP curve at 20+ sounds rather silly.

If you adjust CRUs or not will be completly meaningless to how fast people can gain AI levels.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Satenia
    If you adjust CRUs or not will be completly meaningless to how fast people can gain AI levels.
    Indeed, CRUs just add insult to injury.

Personally I always had good luck on CRUs. That doesn't affect the frequency that I do AI raids.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Quote Originally Posted by Arinia
    Indeed, CRUs just add insult to injury.

Personally I always had good luck on CRUs. That doesn't affect the frequency that I do AI raids.
    Ah, you must be able to run high level missions ... I can only do a lvl 102 team mission solo if I expect to kill the boss ... so I am lucky if I get one ql 10 CRU every 5 or 6 missions ... 30 missions to heal our CC to 50% has dramatic impact on frequency of AI raids ...

My guild hasn't had but 3 test alien raids since Sept patch ... total only three because of the CRU issue and the resulting lack of interest.

And yes I have sent many many many feedback emails on the subject.

Redwood

I dunno what the problem is with everyone and CRU's I get into a team of 6 during the weekdays and blitz 2 hours a day. By the time the weekend arrives I have about a bag full of 30-60% CRU's and I have the whole weekend for aliens and that's considering IF I'm the only one suppling Cru's. As for frequency it's rare that I go 3 missions without finding one and 30% of the time there are 2 on the boss.

Blitzing on my 205 Ma lvl 184'ish missions with a team of 6. Always teamed with them while I do the missions on a RLRL(1/2)LL setting sometimes play with the last setting putting it to M or R and it does'nt seem to affect my drop rates.
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

Keep this on-topic please, both to the thread subject and the bulletin board in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    Keep this on-topic please, both to the thread subject and the bulletin board in general.
    In other news I think it would be possible to get At 30 in months time you'd prolly have to have 8 hours a day or something. I know that some of our membres in fap are between 15-19 in A lvls and they don't play all day everyday so I'm fairly sure that with the propre motivation it would have been possible. But everyone has his own speed.
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

Well it is my belief that AO has no hardcore players left.. it easily explains it
    My big Soldier & His Setup
    My little Soldier
    Mad, dangerous, and hairy beyond Reason

I love the thought that dumb people don't know who they are. I hope I'm not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Inari
    Well it is my belief that AO has no hardcore players left.. it easily explains it
    Yup they all died. Satenia came back as an undead though, and seems to be thriving.
    Chak - Back in the fold, completely clueless.

Rahmorak - I saw the events of 9/11 (or 11/9 for the rest of us ) unfold whilst playing AO, an experience shared across countries and nationalities. It was a moment where we saw the best (people all overthe world coming together in shock, grief and support) and the worst (e.g. cries of 'lets nuke <insert country>'), but it was a moment that would not have been possible but for the world of the internet and MMOs.
    In this medium we transcend boundaries, in here it matters not what the colour of your skin is, the religion to which you do or don't belong, whether you are 15 or 50, and whether or not you have a crippling disability. It is a nation of its own, where everyone starts out on equal terms and can forge friendships without superficial, cultural and nationlistic barriers.

Maybe a few more will come back from the dead ....

Maybe some things set in stone will have the mortar cracked a little ...

Quote from NEW Game director:
    -----------------------------
    Besides being involved with the development I am an avid Anarchy Online player and can honestly say I am addicted to both the game and its surrounding community. Over the years I have played several characters above level 200 and well into the shadow levels and hope to one day soon reach 220. Experiencing the game from a player’s perspective has given me invaluable insight to the different aspects of the game, both its strengths and weaknesses, and this will hopefully improve my perspective when making decisions"?

When it comes to my main priorities for the coming period I promise I will go through all the current gameplay elements, and evaluate if any immediate changes need to be done. When I have concluded I will do my best to implement the necessary changes as fast as possible. There are already features and game elements that I would like to change, and I hope several of these adjustments are out before Christmas. I would like to mention that when we are dealing with a live product we must tread carefully to ensure that we do not break or unbalance the game. It is more important to us to get these improvements right, rather than to sacrifice quality to rush untested features into the game.
    ------------------------------

""Originally Posted by Znore
    Hi guys

Thanks for the warm welcome. It make it easier to take on this massive task knowing I have your support.

Have to keep this short, my team mates are nagging about me being afk and the tank is asking for more Pie.

Cya ingame.

-Znore""

Picked this post out of Reet Retreat forum ...

Maybe things will improve afterall with a new Game Director the gets in and plays the game ... and can see how it is actually working or not working ...

I am encouraged anyway ...

Redwood

When it comes to my main priorities for the coming period I promise I will go through all the current gameplay elements, and evaluate if any immediate changes need to be done.
    Finaly removing the nt...

Back to the topic is it probably possible to reach at30 in two months if a guild got that as focus. It doesn't have to matter too much if it is longer as long as the way is entertaining. I think perhaps it is too hardcore to expect it to happen

Crys I'd really love to see your calculations

Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

the only way someone can reach AIlevel 30 in 2 months, is if they forget a few tiny, useless things.. like work, or sleep, or family and friends. Food isnt a problem, they can eat in between the attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Britt9081
    the only way someone can reach AIlevel 30 in 2 months, is if they forget a few tiny, useless things.. like work, or sleep, or family and friends. Food isnt a problem, they can eat in between the attacks.
    This was level 220.

For Alien levels you need a group of players of at least 2 teams or more in the same org doing it.

The size and level of aliens during a raid depends on the number of players present and their levels. Meaning you ideally need a very large group of level 210+ players in the same organisation present at every alien raid to get large ships and large outdoor groups in order to obtain a high AXP gain.

Since no orgs seem to contain the required number of hardcore players most orgs simply give up the CRU blitzing and do something smart like anything except aliens.
    My big Soldier & His Setup
    My little Soldier
    Mad, dangerous, and hairy beyond Reason

I love the thought that dumb people don't know who they are. I hope I'm not one of them.

I think the biggest attack my org has had was roughly 180k, both ground and aboard ship. from ai level 0 to 30 thats a total of a little over 83 million aixp needed. at 180k per raid, thats 461.54, basically 462 raids. every 2 hours thats 924 hours, or 38.5 days. So it is possible, I guess, but not if they have things outside of AO to do, and everyone in the org is as intense (read crazy ) as you are to reach ai 30. Im not defending marius' quote, as I think it is far off, just that it is possible w/o sleep and stuff. true, yes, obtainable... possibly for zombies.... realistic... no way in ****

Quote Originally Posted by Britt9081
    I think the biggest attack my org has had was roughly 180k, both ground and aboard ship. from ai level 0 to 30 thats a total of a little over 83 million aixp needed. at 180k per raid, thats 461.54, basically 462 raids. every 2 hours thats 924 hours, or 38.5 days. So it is possible, I guess, but not if they have things outside of AO to do, and everyone in the org is as intense (read crazy ) as you are to reach ai 30. Im not defending marius' quote, as I think it is far off, just that it is possible w/o sleep and stuff. true, yes, obtainable... possibly for zombies.... realistic... no way in ****
    Better way of putting it than I tried.

It is perhaps (probably?) possible, but unrealistic to expect.

Well I rather discuss reality than fairy tales.

I thought you meant it was possible in a reality frame, Crys, that's why I asked for your calcs.

Truth is, in a reality frame, I don't think even 6 months is enough to get AT 30 for the most hardcore players, especially since they would need a whole (big) org of as dedicated players as themselves.

So the calculation IS bogus, no matter how you chose to look at it.

I agree. I think the 2 months thing *IS* bogus as well. because while it may technically be possible, it is so far out of reality... I think Doc Funs 6 months is more accurate. I would really like to see FC's calcs that came up with that number of 2 months.

ps. that 180k I mentioned... that was our highest total, we average around 120 -140k a raid, so it would take even longer then the aforementioned 38.5 days with absolutely no rest.

Considering our org to be one of the more "hard core" in the game, this is what I calculate for hitting AT30.

With renewed interest, we've been doing 2-3 raids a day with 12-18 220ish people and getting around 160k per raid. Barring another burn-out, someone could go from 1-30 in our org in about... 173 days

83000000/(160000*3) = 172.9

Barring another burn-out... note: that is ~6hrs of nothing but aliens every day for half a year AND not missing any of the raids (which is tough to do with work/school). Remind me again how time vs. risk vs. reward balances out in this? If anyone even cared to hit AT30 I would expect FC to increase AXP gain by ATLEAST a factor of 4 (for real this time) and make viral bots and other delicous loot drop more often.

Dangling a completely unreachable goal infront of players isn't fair, and it isn't a coherent method of maintaining interest in AI or the game itself. AI, SL and AO still have tons of potential, and Funcom is (despite popular belief) a right-thinking company with many creative people working there, and they know better than to just say, "eh, grinding will keep them occupied until we come up with another expansion."

<tangent>
    I would like to see content more than I would like to see uber items, perks, new graphics, or levels.
    People leaving for WoW and EQ2 should be a non-issue at this point as AO could have all of us so enthralled that leaving would be too painful, but atm it is just the opposite. Fix please. WoW can go to hell for all I care, I'm just sick of seeing 50% of people inactive because they are tired of putting up with what AO has to offer lately
    </tangent>

So yeah...
    Haxukthx - More than 11/16 as uber as Haminie

Teh Haxukthx Suq - Supreme Creator - 220+20 Levels of incarnator drama.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast