Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marius said 2 months to AT30 for hardcore players, reality or fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by After black wednesday, 15th of September
    "I believe that AXP was fine the way it was before the latest patch, It would have taken a couple months for the hardcore and it wasnt so bad for the casual players as well. Leveling went fast through the first levels yes agree'd, but keep in mind that players will want to go through their alternative characters as well , guilds wont be doing alien raids as frantically in comming weeks due to the novelty of it somewhat wearing off and that once you pass AI 10 it isnt as fast even then not to mention it was only around 1/30th of the total AXP that was needed to reach 30. The nerf was unjust and I hope to see it corrected in a timely manner. We play this game because we enjoy it and we are passionate about what you as a company do because we enjoy it, dont give us reason not to."
    If we watch timeline, after the first AXP-tune (when teams started to get axp) the 2 monts calculation might been correct one.

So sad that even wise words from past, no lessons are learnt.
    2c
    Lyijy Engineer
    Zernia2 Ancarim Iron Legion Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    Some exact words from Marius were "This means a highlevel (200+) player starting from Alien Title 0 will use about 2 months of real hardcore playing." I see how you can interpret that to be an expectation, but it wasn't. This is talking semantics though, which I don't think any of us are really interested in. Bottom line is that nobody have reached DR 30 yet, and we didn't expect people to have done it by now.
    Personally I think the statement was pretty clear and leaves little room for interpretation, according to it a highlevel player will be able to reach AI30 in 2 months of hardcore playing.

Now it turned out that Marius calcullations are based on fiction, wrong AXP numbers (4x ... laughs), imaginary raid sizes and the illusion that a raid can be done every 2 hours for 24/7.

Will there finally be an adjustment made in the AXP gain or curve?

Bottem line is that all of a sudden a pebble deja-vu comes into my mind.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    Nobody has reached Defender Rank 30 yet. I dare say nobody have tried either, as many say they find little purpose of going much past 20. Marius said it could be done, not that it would be. Barring changes to the system I personally doubt we'll see a player with DR 30 this year.

Also, DR is supposed to be added to the XML. The web guys have been very busy with other work lately, but I'll see what I can get done about it next week.
    Yes, you are correct. Marius said "could", not "would".
    But then - why is AT30 not reached? Becasue "they find little purpose of going much past 20".

There is then the big question :
    Why was the AXP system designed that virtually none finds any sense to go through it? Whats the point to draw a perfect painting and show it to no one? Personal satisfaction?! If so redefine the AO to PPGMRPG (Privately Played Game Matser RPG).

In short the ball is back in FC's field: fix the nonsense.
    Vaalena o'Vipersting
    AO through my looking glass: opatl, odam, sfl

All righty then... I will keep my dark humour for brighter people.

Quote of the moment: "We put FU in FUN" Agent Arlanon

What ever maybe they just don't want to hit us DF30 in 2 months. On the other side I like it to have a long timed goal. When I got my lvl200 hmmm 2 years ago then it took me 8 months of missions nearly every day. Today you can hit lvl200 in a few weeks thats horrible.

Tbh. I don't want to see Funcom making it to easy to hit DF30. But I agree that the curve is a little to high atm.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

The problem is not JUST the too high curve.

It is that plus the CRU grind plus the minute reward to the AXP grind.
    So it's a serious problem, not just rants and whines from people who want to get there fast.

Also keep in mind that the majority of the harcore players that have DR over 20 got most of the needed AXP BEFORE the nerf.

If it wasn't for that lovely week, I doubdt we'd have much anyone over DR 15 yet
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Until the owners of this game see that AI is borked, nothing will ever get fixed IMO. But they don't see it that way, so don't hold your collective breath. I'm not.

G
    ---------------------
    Retired: 211 Soldier
    Active: 17 Froob Soldier for when boredom sets in

I'm a power player but not quite hardcore. On a given evening I have 3-6 hours to play.

That means 2 alien raids back to back, and that just doesn't happen.

If nobody in the org has cru's......then 30 min to collect a 6 man team, and then an hour or so to blitz. Most days when I blitz I come up empty.

That leaves 2 hours left, and so back to SL for dyna hunting, because without cru's, there is no alien xp.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Anyone read the uk PC Format review of AI ? They said that patches have more content and the level grind was the most horrible thing they had seen . 58% they gave it , though they did say shadowlands was cool in the same review .
    Tinicarri - small gimp soli in a trox enfs game

Genaetor - "wow you leveled a nanomage doc , bet you regret that now" sheesh

Mallorey 60 rogue Medivh - Elfs forevah !
    Likitey 60 mage Medivh - Undead Powa !
    Anarchy Online , something I did for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Tini
    Anyone read the uk PC Format review of AI ? They said that patches have more content and the level grind was the most horrible thing they had seen . 58% they gave it , though they did say shadowlands was cool in the same review .
    I think AI should have been a booster pack at the most. Imo, the content is hardly enough to call it an expansion pack.
    Mighty Hera, Level 220/30/70 Atrox Enforcer
    Mighty - Having or showing great power, skill, strength, or force.

Dark Front - Want to join us? Visit our homepage!
    Don't underestimate the power of the m00! + For those who didn't kn0w!

I will wait until the 15.8 patch, then I say if AI is expansion or only booster pack (shops 15.7, new playfield with AI content 15.8). But it will never be huge expansion, like SL was.
    | Pacius - Level 209 Neutral Solitus Keeper | - One of the top 100 Keepers in Rimor.
    I love my Kyr'Ozch, it does not match with my Bellum, but I do not care...

Quote Originally Posted by Hera
    I think AI should have been a booster pack at the most. Imo, the content is hardly enough to call it an expansion pack.
    Agreed. The alien raiding gets old in a jiffy. And all thats left is a practically a couple of weapons, armors and gadgets per prof.

Ah and the insanely pointless grinding brought to the highest level ever.
    Vaalena o'Vipersting
    AO through my looking glass: opatl, odam, sfl

All righty then... I will keep my dark humour for brighter people.

Quote of the moment: "We put FU in FUN" Agent Arlanon

The items (if we're lucky with drops, could get AI lvl 30 and have nothing to show) and the perks are not a good enough reward to waste time on aliens.
    Give us some nice rewards, especially for old toons who are out of ipr like my enf (a free total ipr at AI lvl 30 with an extra 5mil ip to play with and I'd go for it for sure).

With the current system I haven't bothered to kill an alien in a month on any of my chars (except the rerolls in aliens backyard).
    Succubia - The sexiest Female Convict escaped from Jailhouse 41
    Chocopimp

well, its not THAT bad.
    80k kills is AI30 for most.

the real hardcore are 20% of the way now and will be AI30 around summertime.

However, the real issue in my eyes is that this is a kick in the face of all small orgs on rubika.
    Ground assults with 6 people in base provides 45-50k AIXP (avg)
    Ground assults with 24 people in base provides 135k AIXP (avg)

Taking into consideration the CRU aspect (as logically larger orgs will have a higher CRU gain and will be able to AI-Raid at a higher frequency) the difference grows even larger.

Members of small orgs will have to push out 3x or more amount of effort to gain the same benifits(AIXP) as larger orgs get.
    Fair?
    Its like a tax cut to the rich and wealthy, as usual.

Don't get me wrong, large orgs should have a benifit natrually, but I feel they already have that in asspect of raiding, Nortum Wars, avaliablility of people around the clock..etc.

Speaking of personal Experience, I have focused much of my online time on alien raids, currenly 8k kills and borderline 19, what disturbs me is that this is 10% of the way.
    With over 1 raid pr day in average since AI launch this is quite crazy, total AIXP needed is over 80 mill and with an average income of 160k pr raid (66% success rate in ship) it will be near impossible to keep motivation for the 15 months of 1 raid pr day that awaits.

How to solve this FunCom.

Alien level curve above lvl 23 need a tweak. more than 3 mill to reach an alien level is not neccessary, its 20 raids for god sakes, 40 hours, 2000% of CRU wich in turn is over 100 mission blitzes, its just not doable. Not even with Shadowbreed skills as rewards for dings over 25 will you see people closing up on 30 in the near future.
    No-one has reached AT23 yet, so there is still time to fix this curve.. a 50% reduction would still leave casual gamers with over a year of alien raiding.
    It will also give hardcore gamers some hope and motivation to actually finish this and look down on the rest as they desparatly want.

-Marxgorm 219/18 General of Avatars Reloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Metal
    With the current system I haven't bothered to kill an alien in a month on any of my chars (except the rerolls in aliens backyard).
    My last alt started in the old SL Jobe backyard... Couldn't be bothered with the grind in the other backyard, and there was nothing there for me that I haven't gotten yet either... And why in the world waste time on Alien levels when all I'll get is lvl 2, because my org can't gather the ultimate Tank/Doc combo at all their raids so we get wiped... Algolians stopped doing regular raids right after the nerf. As of today we're done 2 after the nerf... Woohoo...

How sad is that...
    Chak - Back in the fold, completely clueless.

Rahmorak - I saw the events of 9/11 (or 11/9 for the rest of us ) unfold whilst playing AO, an experience shared across countries and nationalities. It was a moment where we saw the best (people all overthe world coming together in shock, grief and support) and the worst (e.g. cries of 'lets nuke <insert country>'), but it was a moment that would not have been possible but for the world of the internet and MMOs.
    In this medium we transcend boundaries, in here it matters not what the colour of your skin is, the religion to which you do or don't belong, whether you are 15 or 50, and whether or not you have a crippling disability. It is a nation of its own, where everyone starts out on equal terms and can forge friendships without superficial, cultural and nationlistic barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxgorm
    [...]2000% of CRU wich in turn is over 100 mission blitzes,[...]
    20% CRU/mish?
    wow, grats on your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Metal
    The items (if we're lucky with drops, could get AI lvl 30 and have nothing to show) and the perks are not a good enough reward to waste time on aliens.
    Give us some nice rewards, especially for old toons who are out of ipr like my enf (a free total ipr at AI lvl 30 with an extra 5mil ip to play with and I'd go for it for sure).

Lol, again someone trying to highjack a thread for his own IPR problem

Anyway, DR 30 is an utopy : too few axp/allien, no motivation to gain 1 perk every hundreds/thousands aliens killed past DR 20, CRU grind (the most annoying for me)... too many cons for too few pros...

Joystick, french games magazine , gave a 6/10 for AI. It's overrated if we consider the promises and the facts... and from what I witnessed in testlive, it's not close to end... sadly
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

Quote Originally Posted by Hera
    Yep very disappointed I bought AI, not worth the money at all (in the current state).

They should fix this, and do it fast.
    Rimor - Omni - Hater of Neuts - Inactive since ehm... a long time ago

220/19 Scerrifo - Adventurer - "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Mikura: And unlike you...I do "get" the agg bar...its simple...you find a heckler...set the agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took you to kill it...find another heckler....change your agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took to kill it...

randomletter: Which advs exactly know more than me and are better than me? (Guide as to why he is the best Adv)

Quote Originally Posted by Hubble
    Yep very disappointed I bought AI, not worth the money at all (in the current state).

They should fix this, and do it fast.
    Except for the occaisional fun our org has due to alien raids (which would be 2 times in the past 1.5 months or so...), AI has given me nothing. I paid 30 dollars for a Leet pet and nothing...

Or actually...it hasn't given me nothing...it has given me frustration over the CRU droprate, it's given me a sense profound anger due to the crappy axp situation, and it's given me a sense of hopelessness when you have our dear head moderator splitting hairs with the community to defend his boss...

The droprates on fun loot is so crappy it makes camping Tier2 seem like worthwhile...for all of my 11 characters...one after the other...

The AlienXP...well...heh. Not even funny...
    Chak - Back in the fold, completely clueless.

Rahmorak - I saw the events of 9/11 (or 11/9 for the rest of us ) unfold whilst playing AO, an experience shared across countries and nationalities. It was a moment where we saw the best (people all overthe world coming together in shock, grief and support) and the worst (e.g. cries of 'lets nuke <insert country>'), but it was a moment that would not have been possible but for the world of the internet and MMOs.
    In this medium we transcend boundaries, in here it matters not what the colour of your skin is, the religion to which you do or don't belong, whether you are 15 or 50, and whether or not you have a crippling disability. It is a nation of its own, where everyone starts out on equal terms and can forge friendships without superficial, cultural and nationlistic barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxgorm
    well, its not THAT bad.
    80k kills is AI30 for most.

the real hardcore are 20% of the way now and will be AI30 around summertime.
    Heh! What isn't THAT bad about it?
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_fun
    Heh! What isn't THAT bad about it?
    I think / hope he was being sarcastic ...

Not sure, but getting to AI 30 by summertime compared to the 2 months expected by the dev's that changed the axp in September patch sounds sarcastic to me ...

Reading thru this thread I was glad to see I am not the only one who !@#$%'s the CRU grind ...

Redwood

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast