Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cant believe they said this.......

I cant believe they said this.......

Background

I was doing an Alien raid and everything was going good till 8th wave. There was no spawn of the 8th wave so I waited a bit and according to the time spent it should have spawned the Gen by now. I looked all around inside and outside of the city for a stray mob and nothing. Bellow you will find the conversation I had with the nice ARK that responded to my petition. All the names have been changed to protect the inocent. Also has this ever happened to anybody else.

P.S. I love the respons at the end where the ARK says ARK gets a distant look in his eyes, and starts to fade away. Deer in the headlights and doesnt know what went wrong.

[ARK]: Please answer me and let me know if you are in a safe place to chat. You may reply to me by using /r or /tell ARK.
    To [ARK]: Yep
    ARK: Greetings
    Player: Hello
    ARK: How can i help you?
    Player: Well I did an Alien raid and no 8th wave came
    Player: I looked all over for a stragler and couldnt find one
    Player: If no 8th wave then no Gen either
    ARK: Hm
    ARK: There is no 100% guarantee that a gen will spawn and there is also no guarantee that the alien must have 8 waves
    ARK: there isn't even a 100% guarantee that the alien raid will start
    Player: Man I have never had that happen to me. If I fill my CC to 100% and drop the cloak I get 8 waves and a Gen
    ARK: it does not happen often but the chance is still that this can happen
    ARK: as i said.. there is a small, very small chance, that this can happen
    Player: I have never even heard of what your saying unless its some sort of glitch
    Player: So FC will do nothing about this and I am out CRU?
    ARK: it is not a bug
    ARK: but give me some minutes please to check something
    Player: So the raid goes nicely for 7waves and then poof its over?
    ARK: yes it can happen .. just to throw in some numbers now, which are not correct, because i also don't know them, there is a chance of e.g. 0.5% that this can happen
    ARK: just to make an example
    Player: Thats has to be the lamest excuse Ive heard to be honest
    Player: I know theres not a 100% chance of a raid to happen but once it starts Ive never headrd of it not going to conclusion
    ARK: Anyway we cannot give you your CRU back but i will still do some checks with the information i have collected now, so that if here should be really a bug, we may can fix him
    Player: Yeah thanks again for your prompt service
    ARK: Is there anything else i can do for you?
    Player: No youve done all you can
    ARK: ok then i wish you a lot of fun. if you have any further questions feel free to write a new petition
    ARK: Have a nice day
    ARK gets a distant look in his eyes, and starts to fade away.
    Player: You 2

Feature, not bug.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Feature, not bug.
    Really?

Not sarcastic or anything... Genuinely curious
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Yes, they've said for years that there is not a 100% guarantee of a general even if all parts of the raid go as planned.

Its very rare, I think I only saw 1 skipped general where no one died, all were near the CC and the CC still had some CRU and no stragglers got lost around the city.

I'd guess its a 1/2% chance. Congrats, you rolled 1 on a D200.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Nice to know.... Thx
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

yes happens sometimes - very rarely - think i've experinenced it 2 times that general just did'nt come, with cc being 40% - annoing, but well

I had an even crazier "feature" where 2 or 3 waves spawn fine. then 4 waves of level 1 hackers as though no org members were in city then nothing.

I was by the cc soloing the raid, and ARK said that it was due to the "calcs" for the level of the aliens spawning and it was working as intended.

Had it as well that after the few waves of level 1 hackers, a normal wave spawns then gen as normal.

But saying that, we have also petitioned our city regularly for 4 years for lovely alien roof spawns...
    209/19 gimp NM doc
    165/19 hmm Trox Keeper

Proud General of Leet-Bloc!

The ARK was right tbh. Small chance.
    214/20 Adv - Entventurer
    217+ Engi - Entity206
    220/20 Doc - Entagain
    220 Shade - Reali
    Orgless & Stripped.
    Awesome tradeskillers.

Working as intended.

Happened to me 3 times.

Put an Atrox in a thong and have him /moon the alien ship. L300 boss every time.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Maybe now that you know why this happened you can remove some of your harsh comments about the ARK that helped you ;p
    Omniteksnipe -RP Character
    Ruzan -Solitus Enfs Unite
    Rewzan -Shade Powah
    Ruzan0 -Engie Powah

Happiness is not just around the corner... it *is* the corner..

I can also confirm that i've seen this happen too. Only once in all the years / cities i've raided in, but it happened nonetheless. Sucks a little, but not too bad as it is pretty uncommon.

Sounds like a bug they're pretending is a feature because it happens so rarely and they can't be bothered to track it down.

I've heard about this happening from others, but luckily never experienced it myself.
    Hlep gnak!

Funny thing happened tonight - We were all setup to raid, fed the CC, dropped cloak & waited....& waited....& waited a little more & nada...no raid.

So after saying what I did in my previous post, I jsut had to LOL a little & kinda just /shrug. I guess the previous poster hit the nail when he said "Sounds like a bug they're pretending is a feature because it happens so rarely and they can't be bothered to track it down."

First time i've seen a raid fail in this city tho Let's hope it's the last for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Mettagirl View Post
    Funny thing happened tonight - We were all setup to raid, fed the CC, dropped cloak & waited....& waited....& waited a little more & nada...no raid.
    Did you lower shields then fill CC? Because guarantee no raid if you do it in the wrong order...

I did that once by mistake, and even though the petition FAQ says FC won't help you in such cases, a nice GM showed up and triggered the raid for me
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Did you lower shields then fill CC? Because guarantee no raid if you do it in the wrong order...

I did that once by mistake, and even though the petition FAQ says FC won't help you in such cases, a nice GM showed up and triggered the raid for me
    I didnt think you could fill the CC after the raid started...

And Wanck did it at least twice
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I did a solo raid and things happened exactly as the OP has stated. Got to pretty much the last wave and then nothing. Done plenty of solo raids prior with no problems. All was fine, plenty cru, no stragglers (unless they ran AWAY from the cc). Raid just stopped for no apparant reason.

I can't believe that this would be programmed into the game dynamics? Must be a bug surely? (Although of course FC would not admit to that )

It's the answer for a problem they don't know the answer to. When 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2, it's easier to say "Sometimes you just don't get 2" rather then saying "Our number cruncher doesn't work right".
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It's a feature. Happens sometimes. Small chance.

i don't get why someone can get so upset bout this. It may happen 0.1% of the time, but that's only a very small percentage of the raids which actually go sucessfully. Just get over it and do another raid.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast