Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Bot for fighting cred spam

New Bot for fighting cred spam

Say goodbye to our dear old friend Termsofsrvc
    he will be missed. a true pioneer for his time, vigilently fighting credit sales spam.

now the time has come to wtfpwn ALL cred spam, quickly, easily, from anywhere in game.

Meet NoCredSpam.

unlike Termsofsrvc, who spammed up the public channels, this bot will spam it's own private channel.
    to use, just simply /tell NoCredSpam join and kiss cred spam good bye as it appears... from anywhere at anytime.

as long as you stay in it's private channel, you'll receive constant updates in real time, no matter where you are.
    complete with an "IGNORE ALL" function and quick petition sending.

NEW FEATURE: /tell NoCredSpam Spam

Spread this news far and wide!
    Last edited by Xyphos; Jul 16th, 2008 at 06:38:44.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

The sad part about this post is that you'll probably actually find players that will join. Again a player took iniciative where FC fails.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

awe no more Termsofsrvc? :`( *sniff*

thanks for heads up, joining.

Funcom, just hire Xyphos already!
    Lukew
    neutral Third Faction

May the farce be with you.

The Ultimate YouTube Song-Off Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    <Q> /afk (I'm a keeper now)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Say goodbye to our dear old friend Termsofsrvc
    he will be missed. a true pioneer for his time, vigilently fighting credit sales spam.

now the time has come to wtfpwn ALL cred spam, quickly, easily, from anywhere in game.

Meet NoCredSpam.

unlike Termsofsrvc, who spammed up the public channels, this bot will spam it's own private channel.
    to use, just simply /tell NoCredSpam join and kiss cred spam good bye as it appears... from anywhere at anytime.

as long as you stay in it's private channel, you'll receive constant updates in real time, no matter where you are.
    complete with an "IGNORE ALL" function and quick petition sending.

you need to be level 5+ to join, and it'll autoban credspammers if they join too.

Spread this news far and wide!
    How would people know this exists though? Termsofsrvc has a presence on the trade channel, letting everyone know that it exists.

Even the farmers
    I am the baron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
    How would people know this exists though? Termsofsrvc has a presence on the trade channel, letting everyone know that it exists.

Even the farmers
    I am advertising (or rather will be) it's presence.

not too sure how this works yet,.. do i have to join every time i log in or is it like neutnet/etc where once i join i'll get spammed with the spammers regardless?

also today i saw spammers in channel and nocredspam was saying there were none. (even after re-joining your bot) spam in channel was:

[Clan shopping 1-50] Guijdkr: Welcome to www.<the "V" word>.com,S>100 mil credits=$14,fast and safe delivery 24/7@#2

I saw him spam several times while sitting in newland with nothing from your bot, but he was spamming maybe every 2 minutes or so instead of every 10 seconds, dunno if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by Aeliona; Jul 16th, 2008 at 03:43:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    I am advertising (or rather will be) it's presence.
    Thats great - But... wouldnt you advertising it be effectively much the same as it advertising itself?
    I am the baron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
    Thats great - But... wouldnt you advertising it be effectively much the same as it advertising itself?
    I was about to say that... and, wouldn't I be *more* spammed by getting these messages about spammers?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliona View Post
    not too sure how this works yet,.. do i have to join every time i log in or is it like neutnet/etc where once i join i'll get spammed with the spammers regardless?

also today i saw spammers in channel and nocredspam was saying there were none. (even after re-joining your bot) spam in channel was:

[Clan shopping 1-50] Guijdkr: Welcome to www.<the "V" word>.com,S>100 mil credits=$14,fast and safe delivery 24/7@#2

I saw him spam several times while sitting in newland with nothing from your bot, but he was spamming maybe every 2 minutes or so instead of every 10 seconds, dunno if that makes a difference.

step 1: join the bot channel.
    when a spammer is detected, the bot sends the scripts to it's private channel.
    this means, that the spammer in bor can be ignored from shadowlands or anywhere else in game, without even seeing the spam, thus preventing you walking into it.

step 2: stay in channel.

step 3: use the scripts.
    bot scripts include an ignore link, petition link, and a "quick faq" link (follow up step after petitioning)
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

ok fine. I brought back TermsOfSrvc by popular demand.
    also, seems that FC's XML server is still borked so I removed the level restrictions for joining chat.

both bots are working to fight the spam.
    TermsOfSrvc to nail em as seen
    NoCredSpam to nail em without seeing spam
    Last edited by Xyphos; Jul 16th, 2008 at 05:20:38.

I thought the XML servers came back up yesterday?
    They seem to work nicely now, too.

You might have been unlucky and tried to access them as their data were being updated, though.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

If you locate a cred spammer, that's what you can do!

http://s3.supload.com/free/scrn0172.png/view/

Quote Originally Posted by Accomplice View Post
    If you locate a cred spammer, that's what you can do!

http://s3.supload.com/free/scrn0172.png/view/
    My frand! I lub j00!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    ok fine. I brought back TermsOfSrvc by popular demand.
    also, seems that FC's XML server is still borked so I removed the level restrictions for joining chat.

both bots are working to fight the spam.
    TermsOfSrvc to nail em as seen
    NoCredSpam to nail em without seeing spam
    Hey, I know you are doing what you think is right but all you are doing is blocking/hogging the petition bot and creating more spam in game. Look at all the other threads about being 90+ in the petition line.

I'm sure your petitions will get the RMT account banned, but they can easily make another fr00b account in less than 5mins, please stop your bot from doing petitions because other players petitions with ingame problems takes presidences over your spam bot.

I have your Termsofsrvc bot on ignore because it was the only thing I saw after I /ignore the RMT spammer.
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

Quote Originally Posted by FixerSepyuff View Post
    Hey, I know you are doing what you think is right but all you are doing is blocking/hogging the petition bot and creating more spam in game. Look at all the other threads about being 90+ in the petition line.

I'm sure your petitions will get the RMT account banned, but they can easily make another fr00b account in less than 5mins, please stop your bot from doing petitions because other players petitions with ingame problems takes presidences over your spam bot.

I have your Termsofsrvc bot on ignore because it was the only thing I saw after I /ignore the RMT spammer.
    Too much whining in your reply...

If FC would have done something about the cred spammers long ago there wouldn't have been the need for player intervention...notice I said NEED...and now you want to complain.

I vote the bot stays.

looking at the date of this post, it's 3 days after I've disabled the petition sender.
    sir, things are already taken care of. if the petitions queue is still full after 3 days, then the ball isn't in my court.

feel free to ignore ToS if you'd like, NCS bot will still protect you from cred spammers, without spamming chats.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Jul 25th, 2008 at 05:04:26.

Funcom should Have taken action against this stuff years ago for paying customer Like froobs on their own server. but since they did not I'm glad somebody stepped up to play ball. if you don't like then ignore the bots but stop whining about some who is putting effort into helping us deal with these idiots that keep spamming. If your the tard who is buying credits you should be banned, its very easy to make money in AO more so Now then it has ever been.
    Apprentice Snakeyees..220/25/70 Fixer
    Twinke..........................220/12 MP
    Patchadams.................220/61/19 Doctor
    Sparkanator...............220/19 Neutral Engineer
    Katariina......................220/17 Crat
    Malagant......................208/12 Keeper
    wouldabeen.................174/11 NT
    *~ In loving memory of Beardedone; a good friend that will forever be remembered~* You feel the core of your being shake as BEARDEDONE has reached enlightenment!! Take care old friend.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -Gaute Godager-"There will be no camping in the Shadowlands" LOL OK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Too much whining in your reply...

If FC would have done something about the cred spammers long ago there wouldn't have been the need for player intervention...notice I said NEED...and now you want to complain.

I vote the bot stays.
    There was no whining in my post, so please learn to read. You don't need a bot when you can /ignore name. What purpose does this bot serve? None.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeyees
    Funcom should Have taken action against this stuff years ago for paying customer Like froobs on their own server. but since they did not I'm glad somebody stepped up to play ball. if you don't like then ignore the bots but stop whining about some who is putting effort into helping us deal with these idiots that keep spamming. If your the tard who is buying credits you should be banned, its very easy to make money in AO more so Now then it has ever been.
    Can you please explain how this bot is "stepped up to the ball"? It does nothing. Nothing at all but spam the chat. Does the bot magicly ban the RMT accounts? No it doesn't. This bot isn't the magic bullet that will get rid of RMT. The only thing that will truely control RMT is support from the game company.

Look at Square-Enix's STFU (Special Task Force Unit), those guys are making an impact on FFXI. This bot does nothing. This bot might make Xyphos and his friends feel good, but at the end of the day, they did nothing.

For the record, FFXI's STFU is the only MMORPG that I know of that publicly post their bans of RMT accounts aswell as buyer accounts. The STFU are Square-Enix employees whos job it is to hunt down RMT.

Xyphos isn't an employee of FC or has the power to ban accounts.
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

You don't need a bot when you can /ignore name. What purpose does this bot serve? None.
    That's funny, I was sure that the bot provided a simple means of /ignoring the spammer. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention....the spammers usually have funky names like adrrlkjaadf or something like that. Personally, that is a pain to have to /ignore some spammer with 10 random letters every 5 minutes.

It does nothing. Nothing at all but spam the chat. Does the bot magicly ban the RMT accounts? No it doesn't. This bot isn't the magic bullet that will get rid of RMT. The only thing that will truely control RMT is support from the game company.

This bot does nothing. This bot might make Xyphos and his friends feel good, but at the end of the day, they did nothing.

Xyphos isn't an employee of FC or has the power to ban accounts.
    Maybe it's too complicated for you to understand or something. I seriously don't know, but...

The main goal of termsofsrvc isn't to ban accounts. He has nothing setup that "could" ban accounts. The main goal of termsofsrvc is to provide a quick link to /ignore the spammers ASAP without having to type the random-letter names of the spammers each time. And this job it does VERY WELL.

Until FC does something to fight the cred spammers, then termsofsrvc is (for the most part) our most efficient option to rid ourselves of the spam.

Don't like it? Good.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast