Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Upcomming nerf?

One last reply for now....

I saw someone earlier in this thread or perhaps the same topic thread in the knowledge database say that the fast specials on some weapons combined with -skill lock has taken the "special" out of special attacks. I think many will agree with me in my response.

My soldier is in the mid 170s now (I think :P) and I just transfered a ring of herodotus over from my doc. I love playing my soldier and using coop. It is such a fun weapon. I managed to bring my FA down to 22secs now. Every time I see the little message telling me FA is ready and I see my FA icon ungrey, I get excited:

"I wonder how much I'll do this time...is it gonna be another 'You hit with 0 bullets' or am I gonna waste this heck with 11 bullets?"

Even if I hit with 0, I don't mind, cause I know in 22seconds, I'll have another special attack all queued up to go. The majority of players use -skill lock cause it IS fun and special to get those special attacks a little faster.

Visual bugs and unbalanced damage asside, special attacks are still special to me
    Feminatrix -> 214 Doc (retired)
    Femynatryx -> 214 Engie (tskills)
    Feminatriix -> 179 Soldier (228 coop)
    Femynatrix -> Lil Twink PvP Trader
    Feminatryx -> Lil Doc
    Feminatrox -> Lil Twink PvP Trox Enf

I don't care at all. I will shoot hell fast anyway. Skill lock in my ass... really, people, don't take it that serious. 2 secs here and there doesn't matter at all.
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Originally posted by Octopuss
    2 secs here and there doesn't matter at all.
    Huh? When coming to specials 2 secs here and there matters alot...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Fix the weapons, leave skill lock the way it is!

This is just a case of one or two weapons that take advantage of super high skill lock. Wouldn't it be easier to adjust the weapons rather than destroying a very exciting feature of the game??

Just make a hard cap that you cant go beyond even with -100% skill lock. But it would still benefit for lowering Perenium FA for example from 30s to 27s, thats a great feature that is unfortunately going bye bye

yes that sounds good
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."

Originally posted by Aliyaah
    Fix the weapons, leave skill lock the way it is!

This is just a case of one or two weapons that take advantage of super high skill lock. Wouldn't it be easier to adjust the weapons rather than destroying a very exciting feature of the game??

Just make a hard cap that you cant go beyond even with -100% skill lock. But it would still benefit for lowering Perenium FA for example from 30s to 27s, thats a great feature that is unfortunately going bye bye
    Exactly... Would make everyone happy...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Just make a hard cap that you cant go beyond even with -100% skill lock
    Skill lock is caped at 50%, even with that cap though if a soldier has 50% skill lock we're using specials twice as fast as was intended when they put our new weapons in the game.
    Last edited by Vhalor; May 31st, 2004 at 12:09:51.

Originally posted by Feminatrix
    To all posting things like 'docs are gods'....

You need to take a gander at MPs...If I'm a god as a doc, I'm some sort of lesser god...maybe a god of garden gnomes. MPs are Zeus and Poseiden combined, if you catch my drift.
    Oh my, thats just great
    Need to update my sig now, allways wanted to be god of garden gnomes
    "Bash and smash is the name of me game, and bash and smash is, er, kinda like me name."

Some interesting suggestions in this thread, and I've already heard the devs mention some of them. I don't think they'll replace this coming change, but it's on their minds for later. (No, no specifics, as that would unfortunately haunt me forever as a "promise". )

Originally posted by lordphoenix
    agree, but then why the heck you put high % skill-lock in support-leg-symbiants and not in artillery? and why there is no burst-skill in r-arm artillery symbiants? that doesn't sound logical to me
    My guess: First Aid and Treatment.

Originally posted by Feminatrix
    Lets be hontest, no one cares about first aid or graft cycle times. Grafts are useless, and while first aid is important, getting it out 2 seconds earlier is not.
    I can agree on the grafts, and 2 seconds on the First Aid cycle isn't much. 2 seconds is 5% though. Some have 30%+.

Wouldn't it be easier to adjust the weapons rather than destroying a very exciting feature of the game??
    Unfortunately not. This isn't about two or three weapons. It's not even about just twenty weapons. It's about the entire damage balance system.

Guys and gals.. come on.. only solution is to start an engie.. might aswell do it sooner than later..
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

In the end, this "nerf" will hit the other professions (Docs, MPs, NTs) that weild weapons harder than us. At least that is te way i have understood it.

Do i like it? Not sure, but i´m willing to give this a try at least before crying foul about it. And you know as well as i do that the chances of changing FC´s mind, before it has actualy been tried out on live for a few months and people have tried it and found new ways to break it, are slim.

Though i do admit it sounds weird that it took FC so long to figure out about this "bug".
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I gotta say kudos to Cz for takin the time to post his thoughts and overall damage control. It just reinforces my opinion that FC arnt doing this to nerf the sold proffession.

We are i good stead, i feel for the peoples who have twinked skill lock gear, we all get hit by the nerf bat in some way.

Like pred said, lets all role a engie and go from there:P
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Heh, its hard to remember that balance in a game is much like the whole "Chaos Theory".

A butterfly flaps it wings, the pollen from its wings makes a moose in Canada sneeze, which causes a stampede, which causes dust to rise into the atmosphere....end result is a hurricane off the shores of Florida.

To keep the game itself in "balance", FC has to try to invision the long reaching effects of its gameplay, and it sometimes fails. The smallest action can have the furthest reaching effect. Unfortunately, what seems to happen most is a lot of the "effects" of patchs or "bugs" aren't felt till they hit live and are manipulated, perhaps even "exploited", by the mass player base. Considering the small (I'm guessing but pretty sure) size of the population on the test server, its not surprising to me that unintended and unthought of problems like this make it to live.

I'd have to imagine a developers worst nightmare is a person with 8+ hours a day and unlimited willpower to be "uber" picking through their systems.

Seems to me this is just another example of unintended results not caught until the masses have them in thier teeth. Sucks to have it taken away, but hopefully the "nerf-bat" will hit everyone equally this time.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-11-07 04:09:22
    It will remain playable until : 2004-12-06 15:13:07

i agree with gorehound when they added skill lock to certain things they didnt forsee some profs stockpiling every skill lock item in the game and getting a particular weapon and getting its special recycles down to unreal recharges

*COUGH* docs with mbc *COUGH*

anyways ill get my recyle down the tried and true way training the skill

and whats up with no burst in right arm and no all def or heal delta in several spots ??

Artillery lacks some key skills i couldnt care less about skill tbh but all def and heal delta i really think we need/deserve as tanking class

Originally posted by Xxotik
    i agree with gorehound when they added skill lock to certain things they didnt forsee some profs stockpiling every skill lock item in the game and getting a particular weapon and getting its special recycles down to unreal recharges

*COUGH* docs with mbc *COUGH*

I know of one person on rk2 with 4sec burst on MBC and thats a trader, havnt heard of any doc doing the same (donno clan side) I got uber -5 skill-lock myself and in this post theres soldiers saying thet got -36 skill-lock.

Go figure Xxotik
    "Bash and smash is the name of me game, and bash and smash is, er, kinda like me name."

Boy am i glad they're doing this. A reason to still be a neut and not wish for a spas/coop mwahahahahah. GJ FC.
    "Nothing like being spontaneous, and i sure in hell am great at it."

Originally posted by ewlinitis
    Boy am i glad they're doing this. A reason to still be a neut and not wish for a spas/coop mwahahahahah. GJ FC.
    The Gun getting hit hardest is the Perennium Blaster, not Coop/Spas which for most will have only a 20-30% reduction

The higher base recharges for burst and FA was the reason this gun could reach 7 sec FA(-skill lock seems to be using % of the base burst/fa recharge when decreasing and a high base recharge time means greater effect from skill lock)
    My big Soldier & His Setup
    My little Soldier
    Mad, dangerous, and hairy beyond Reason

I love the thought that dumb people don't know who they are. I hope I'm not one of them.

damage balance?

mobs in SL does not seem to have a balance.. they hit for 3-6k... OMG

hehe kudos for a good nerfin, u want to kick down doors and burst/full auto everything in sight, play a soldier..

all the other class with guns doing alot of damage does not make sense when soldiers are the class that specializes in Ranged Combat...... ok ecept for bows, lol

my Spaz ..... will go from 10 sec Fa..... to a 14 Sec.... and my burst from 10 to 12 sec.

Originally posted by Predicament
    Guys and gals.. come on.. only solution is to start an engie.. might aswell do it sooner than later..
    I already did, LOL 142 atm :P

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast