Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Snowglobe's AO Terminology List

T

Tank - An Enforcer or other character with good armor and melee expertise. Used as humanshield for nano wielders, who are more vulnerable to melee attack. Also known as a Meatshield.

tank mage - a term originated in Ultima Online, where mages could become so powerful it upset game balance, because they had both good armor, and good offensive weapons.

tara or tarasque - a dragon in the camelot dungeon.

TBH - to be honest

TBM - The Brood Mother, one of two end bosses of Hollow Island

TC - Tir County

teh - the, a common spelling error that has become a deliberate part of game speak

thx - thanks

TIM or T.I.M. - a unique mob in the form of a giant slayerdroid found at the end of the Biomare dungeon in The Longest Road, T.I.M. drops an item called HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition which raises ranged init by a fairly large amount

TK - Trash King, a huge robot mob in Athen Shire that is part of a quest

TL - title level, upon reaching a new title level skills you were previously unable to raise due to them being "title capped" will again be raisable, TL 1 = 1-14, TL 2 = 15-49, TL 3 = 50-99, TL 4 = 100-149, TL 5 = 150-189, TL 6 = 190-204, TL 7 = 205-220

TLC - 1. trivial loot code, a feature tried and abandoned by Everquest which attempted to curtail high levels farming from low level mobs by removing "trivial" drops from the loot if the killing player was too high, AO has a trivial loot code which was installed in the November 6th 2003 patch but it is unclear what if anything it removes 2. may also mean tender loving care, a nice thing

TLR - The Longest Road playfield on Rubi-Ka

TMS - Total Mirror Shield, powerful damage reduction nano

TNH - The Night Heart, one of the guard bosses in pandemonium, located in second island

TotW - Temple of the Winds, a dungeon in GTC

tradeskills - 1. the processes by which players may create items in games, usually by combining various parts together 2. refers collectively to the skills used in the creation of tradeskill items

Training - Attacking a powerful social mob, then running to a group of players attacking other social mobs so that the powerful mob you attacked attacks and kills other players. (Really frowned upon. Don't do this, you may end up having a GM talking to you for disrupting gameplay)

TG - training ground, the area new characters start in

toon - from cartoon, a term some players use to refer to their character (Example: "I need to to get new armor for my toon")

TS - 1. time & space alteration, a nano skill 2. turn spirit, an item purchased fron Yuttos used to upgrade certain weapons

TSS - Timid Spectral Scourge, first "vortex" boss in Pandemonium, kill him opening portal to first island

TT - 1. Treatment Transfer, a doctor's perk which casts a +60 treatment buff which stacks with SFA, requires level 201 to receive 2. torturing tool, an MA only weapon which drops from Morgan Le Faye in Camelot castle

TTFN - ta-ta for now, meaning "goodbye, see you later"

TTS - Take The Shot, a critical hit buff Agents can cast on others.

TTYL - talk to you later

tundra - the most popular heckler spot in Adonis, located in the Piercing Tundra area

tweak - to improve a character to a high degree of perfection, not to be confused with twink; a twinked character may be tweaked but not all tweaked characters are twinked

Twinking - The act of using one higher level character to equip a lower level character with higher level equipment or money.
    Last edited by Snowglobe; Nov 3rd, 2004 at 19:58:35.

U

u - you

uber - meaning super strong

UBT - Uncontrollable Body Tremors, a doctor nano that debuffs inits and damage

unique - 1. a mob of which there is only one of in the game, uniques are generally very hard to kill and drop uber loot 2. an item flag meaning the player may only have one of the item in their possession

UO - Ultima Online, another MMORPG

USEB - Upper Stret East Bank

UVC - Universal Vulnerability Compendium. The best MA crit buff.
    Last edited by Snowglobe; May 15th, 2004 at 00:13:31.

V

Vanya - The unredeemed boss of the Penumbra playfield, significant as a source of high level faction

VE - Vision Enhancer. The new version of the LLTS, it is less effective but easily available.

VTE - Virral triumvirate egg. Playermade shoulder item.

VW - Warmint Woods
    Last edited by Snowglobe; Jun 12th, 2004 at 10:19:52.

W

WA - West Athen

Warp - Refers to NT and Engineer warp progamsalso called beacon

warrnet - a raidbot on Rimor used specifically for raids on mercs in EFP

WB - welcome back, typicaly said to a team member returning after going link dead
    whompa - The name given to teleporters located throughout Rubi-Ka. This name was given due to the sound the Teleporter makes when in operation.
    woot or w00t - an exclamation of joy or happiness due to an acchievement of some sort

wc - 1. wrong channel, same as mt for mistell but less commonly used 2. welcome

weed - Hollow Island Weed, one of two end bosses of Hollow Island

WoW - World of Warcraft, another MMORPG

WP - the Weapon Smiting skill

wrangle - a nano a trader can cast on others to briefly raise their weapon and nano skills - normally used to equip items.

wru - where are you (example: "I'm in the mission, wru?")

WT - wrong tell, like mistell but more rarely used

WTB - want to buy, used mostly on the shopping channels

wtf- 1. what the f**k? 2. the Will to Fight PvP dungeon in Stret West Bank

wtg or w2g - way to go, means you did something good

WTS - want to sell, used mostly on the shopping channels

WTT - want to trade, used mostly on the shopping channels

WV - Wartorn Valley

WW - Wailing Wastes
    Last edited by Snowglobe; Nov 3rd, 2004 at 19:59:17.

X

XP - experience points (used for leveling)

XP ball - a frightened rollerrat that pops out of a booby trapped chest, so called because killing it gives a quick chunk of extra xp

Y

Y - yes or why

yalm - Yalmaha, the sleek silver flying ships you see flying around

YVW = you're very welcome

YW - you're welcome
    Last edited by Snowglobe; Jul 7th, 2004 at 05:07:46.

Z

zerg or zerging - to throw massive numbers of people at a target with little thought to strategy or planning, hopefully doing enough fast damage to take it down before it kills everyone, from the strategy game Starcraft, where mass attacks of small expendable creatures named zerglings was a common tactic

zodiacs - 12 boss mobs in Pandemonium

zone - to pass from one playfield to another
    Last edited by Snowglobe; May 15th, 2004 at 00:05:16.

Other

*action* - a way of expressing emotes on chat channels other than vicinity (example: *She flutters her eyelashes and looks up with a sheepish grin*)

*G* - emoting a grin

*L* - same as LOL, laughing out loud

:) :( ;) :p :D - these and other variations too numerous to list are emoticons, used to indicate facial expressions in chat, turn your head to the left and you will see smiling and frowning faces emerge (Examples: :) or :-) = basic smile, :( = frown, ;) = wink, :p = toungue sticking out, :D = big grin)

^_^ -_- ^_- x_X O_o - horizontal "Japanese style" emoticons, they're intended to resemble faces (Examples: O_o = shocked, ^_- = wink, x_X = dead, -_- = sad or sleeping, \^_^/ = victory)

<3 - a valentine heart turned on it's side

0% - a supression gas ratio, same as 5% but you can attack members of your own guild

100% - a supression gas ratio, meaning no fighting of any kind

1337 - the word "leet" in leet speak, may also be l33t

1hb - the 1 handed blunt weapon skill

1he - the 1 handed edged weapon skill

25% - a supression gas ratio, the same as 75%, but you can also be attacked or attack opposite side aligment and neutrals, but neutrals cannot attack you

2hb - the 2 handed blunt weapon skill

2he - the 2 handed edged weapon skill

4H - the 4 Holes playfield on Rubi-Ka

5% - a supression gas ratio, the same as 25%, but you can attack same alignment outside your guild and neutrals can initiate an attack

75%: a supression gas ratio, means that mobs can attack you, you can attack mobs, but no PvP is possible
    Last edited by Snowglobe; Jul 7th, 2004 at 04:18:08.

Additional Resources

If you didn't find the information you were looking for here one of these sites might help:

AUNO and Anarchy Mainframe both allow you to search for any item in the game database by name and examine it's stats.

Faunlore has information on the creatures of Anarchy Online.

Travel To Rubi-Ka has detailed maps and other info for each playfield.

Acronyms, Emoticons & Smilies Page - A pretty good listing of general computing acronyms can be found here.

Cknow.com Emoticons - Probably the most complete listing of emoticons.
    Last edited by Snowglobe; Jul 7th, 2004 at 03:28:59.

woooo nice work

should sticky!
    LOOK. IM EDITING *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT *EDIT* ----- did you see this before when you first refreshed????? no...
    does it have the edit flag on it?.... no

awesome wroks , all new players shul read this

sticky plz
    Kiwaczekproud member of Alpha Omega

Server first: Key To The Garden Of Lord Galahad 13.02.2004
    Server first kill: The Beast
    Gimped Soldier 220 / 23

hehe.. i show my non ao buddies this list.. and explain to em i am billingual :P (i speak ao speak) impressive list indeed.

another vote for sticky :P

can i add some entires too ?

MBC - Massive Molt Charger , on fo the best guns in game, last time many soldier / non soldier use this shortcut

coop - Cooperator Assault Riffle - soldier proffesion weapon

FRN - finaly rafined notum , one of parts needed to make Tier 3 glyph
    Kiwaczekproud member of Alpha Omega

Server first: Key To The Garden Of Lord Galahad 13.02.2004
    Server first kill: The Beast
    Gimped Soldier 220 / 23

BB also refers to the Billboard on OA hill, the place when your lft to actually find the lf1m so you can roll LLLRRR and do that BS mish

bbl be back later
    2003-2004 full time addict
    2004-2005 full time testlive
    2005-2006 full time addict to another game
    2006 occasional testlive

Good list, I'd like to note a few things about auras though. As far as I know, only bureaucrat auras are called speaches. Also, many SL auras have much lower refresh than 20 seconds.

<3 - a show of love or thanks, or the perfect reply to a flaming tell

<3 <3 <3
    Stromm - Stop it with the PvP damage nerf whining. AO doesn't need the Geneva Convention.

<3 <3 <3, fap?

Factioning - The act of participating in a raid that will in turn raise your redeemed OR unredeemed faction. Higher the faction,higher the sk.

T.I.M. - A slayerdroid bot at Biomare that drops a great HUD scope that many professions use.

BUMP FOR SNOWGLOBE SHE IS UBAH!!! sticky this!
    (~~~>Forged By the Flame of Tribulation<~~~)
    -----------------------------------------------
    tryALLbyFIRE The Golden Knight
    150 Armor Config.
    eXiT The Blue Ninja
    ATHALIAH My New Project
    Proposed Armor Configuration

(~~~>Angels of the Night<~~~)

Burst is a 3 shot attack, not entire magazine.
    Also, you forgot BOHICA: short for Bend Over Here It Comes Again, an expression that things are going to go real bad from here on, and you should bend over forward because.. well... you are about to get screwed.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

coop - also an expression used at raids (primarily mercs) where two or more guids/bots will cooperate to take down the mercs splitting the loot.

FFA - Free For All, loot which is free for all to loot. FFA also has another meaning relating to raids and a well known clan guild.
    Hurtig 220 trox clan MP Atlantean (dream setup)
    Support the old players ... please FC!
    The Enforcer's prayer read it and live by it

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast