Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old School RK Hunting Areas!!!

Sadly trying to level at 150+ is near impossible on RK short of doing missions which get just as boring as hecklers. There are no good outdoor hunting areas at that level. I started playing in Jan as a froobie, and spent a lot of time at borgs in Mort and PW leveling, until around 150 they start to give pitiful exp for your level and get just as boring as hecklers are now. What caused me to purchase SL was the promise of faster exp, new mobs. I am actually very disappointed in that aspect, as borgs were just replaced with hecklers in the level grind. In fact, it would appear that FC has now even nerfed the borgs with decreased spawn times, possibly in an attempt to get even more froobies to purchase SL. It's sad, but there is no reason for FC to further develop RK hunting areas. Instead they are being nerfed. I've found that I prefer to start a new toon and find new areas to level that I haven't been to before rather than level my main at hecklers anymore, and this comes barely a month after upgrading. Will I be extending my subscription? Well, that depends on what changes, if any, comes in patches in the next two months.
    Dr. "Arryan" Row - TL6 Doc - Proud Member of Ring of Destruction

Alts:
    Solarwinds - TL7 Fixer
    Dalineth - TL6 Crat
    Kymona - TL4 NT
    Citruspuff - TL3 MP

Mmm, well, there's EFP medusas & various bits of wildlife in Belial & SAV too; still don't give much XP at 150 ( I'm trying to find something fun to get my MP the last kick to tl5 too ), but creeping round the forests near the Biodomes is good fun. Really though if you're interested in grinding XP more than hunting then does it matter what mob you hit? hecks are as good as anything else.

I'd be quite happy to see hecks removed from the game entirely, if the XP was balanced out across a bunch of other mobs.

Clan 80ish...: Big D and Small D in Mort (static dungeon) Entrance is next to mort grid exit (Sentinels).
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Kista
    There's NOTHING like getting revenge on a Lifebleeder at NW mines. I sometimes go there just to hit them with a 10k FA.

damn that feels good!
    do it for me to please

Quote Originally Posted by mashalasha
    My proposal for enrichment in AO is to hide goodies in the form of loot or xp in random spots on the planet. A particular type of Mob could drop an extra amount of xp or have a special loot table for a while. The KEY to the enrichment side of this, is that this extra bonus be TEMPORARY. For example, all of a sudden, Bronto Mamas start giving xp that is comparable to hecklers of that level, but only for a few days, or a week or so. After that, poof! back down to the gimpy level of xp they now give. After that, maybe it's rhinomen, or brieflabbs, or borgs, whatever. The point is, it would give people an incentive to come back to RK and explore again.
    I really like this idea. Only thing I can see becoming a problem would be that once the word got out, that camp would be mega flooded. But if you were one of the first to discover the spot...how sweet would that be for awhile? And hey, at least you'd meet a lot of peeps once it filled up

Medusas in EFP... Just fly straight East from 20k to EFP then straight north almost.

Level 90-100ish team should be good here... They're level 150-190 Mobs and drop some decent cash, and ql 190+ soul frags, plus Mp armor and some other stuff that can be sold.

I'm almost 6 months into game and have all the expansions and I read through this post again. There are two places in this post I don't know about and was wondering if someone can give me coords or playfield info on them.
    Helipad and Bridge?

Great information, thanks for starting it, now who can give a guided tour of some of these places?
    Dawnwalker

Proud member of Ring of Destruction

other alts:
    Nierack
    Nitebringer
    Duskhealer
    Mercies
    Nefarym

Love the idea, but...

One of the reason I enjoy RK, outside of the city lag pits of course, is that there is NO one around. I can zone out to Newland or Wharton Valley or Mort and I rarely run into anyone, unless they are camping for dyna bosses and even those are few and far between.

I went out exploring Mort the other day and saw some borg action with a high level team, but they were the only ones there in the whole zone. I cruised around exploring and then spent an hour soloing spiders and snakes in a crater near Hope picking up enough xp to complete my ding and get a back pack full of monster parts. I had virtually the whole area to myself, I didn't have to worry about camping for anything, and the variety of monsters was a nice change of pace from SL Hecks / Spiders.

Often I prefer RK mobs to SL mobs, especially when I'm soloing, which I do often. I get some xp, some credits, and some monster parts. In SL I get better xp and maybe some parts, sometime's even an ingot from a Heck, but everyone and their mother is there. The gardens are starting to become lag pits. Give me that old time feel of an empty desert where I stumble upon a "new" place to slay monsters and it feels like I'm the first to discover it. That's what exploring should feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Czarina
    I would do ANYTHING for either a Rubi-ka revival patch, booster, or expansion.

maybe ramping up the mobs a little to give an excuse to boost their XP to a comparable level of SL

increasing their spawn rates as well.

This would fit in so perfectly with the graphics engine revamp.

Rubi-ka had the Sci-fi omni vs. Clan conflict that I fell in love with.... SL forced me away from it.

Bump.... a year and a half since this old RK thread... and nothing to improve RK so far =(

Bring back Sub-200s to RK, where we can be good examples to froobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I did:

1-10 outside Newland, Newland Forest.
    10-15 Oasis (run from scorpios)
    15-25 solo missions from Newland to Meetmedere (evil developers, why of why did you put my missions in the middle of pvp area ).
    25-30 Another oasis, between Meetmedere and Rhinocockpit.
    30-50 Rhinocockpit
    50-55 Majestic bridge, killzor those 2 enforcers
    55-62 Solo missions, mantezes.
    62-78 weeeeeeeeeee, Blaster Beetle camping .
    78-82 Medelson, when it was not 'illegal'.
    82-100 Borgs.
    100-200 Broken shores , some other borg spots in Mort (always had to watchout for someone like Angelicnova )

Took me about 2 years.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

bump

bump for old school
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!
    Proud General of (AoD) Anarchists of Destruction
    (AoD) spreading the path of destruction for over 3 years

We are recruting!

I have been doing alot of RK hunting lately, and it is a blast, great info here, use it, and return to the land of the forgotten! lol

Made an NT just for exploring and kiting for creds and fun using alot of the info here, they are right, even with thr froobs running around it is still almost bare of RK. sad really, as it alot of fun, and very different from the heckler grind.

I agree

I agree I know I will be using my nt to explore some of these spots as well
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!

We are recruting!

bimp

Bump
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!

We are recruting!

Very good post! I was just thinking about this game and the expansions yesterday. SL is a Fantasy setting with lots of dragons and itty bitty spiders, along with a lot of "spellcasting" mobs. Hecklers represent golems or something like that. AI is plain and simple Sci-Fi, and not much use really... I got very bored of making alien raids with my toons pretty soon.

Im thinking of making atleast one froob toon to wander around Rubi-Ka, and maybe one paid acco toon too (Im too used to perks, and they are really the only good thing in SL).

Rubi-Ka is the reasun why I started to play this game 1,5 years ago, because Im a huge fan of cyberpunk. After 4 months of play, I somehow got pulled into the "Exp as fast as possible"-cult, and became a paying player. Now the only thing keeping me as a paying customer are the perks and some very cool weapons from SL and from AI (yes, I will do alien raids for the perks...).

Halving Heckler's exp, and making 2-4 new static dungeons to RK (maybe for paid accos only) would make this game into what I first started playing. The exp from hecklers is simply too big to ignore...
    Mercenaries never die, they just go to Hell to regroup!

amen

Henshaw amen they need to do something to make being on RK fun again. To mnay toons spend all their time in SL and that is it.
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!

We are recruting!

bump

bump
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!

We are recruting!

Originally Posted by mashalasha
    My proposal for enrichment in AO is to hide goodies in the form of loot or xp in random spots on the planet. A particular type of Mob could drop an extra amount of xp or have a special loot table for a while. The KEY to the enrichment side of this, is that this extra bonus be TEMPORARY. For example, all of a sudden, Bronto Mamas start giving xp that is comparable to hecklers of that level, but only for a few days, or a week or so. After that, poof! back down to the gimpy level of xp they now give. After that, maybe it's rhinomen, or brieflabbs, or borgs, whatever. The point is, it would give people an incentive to come back to RK and explore again.

===========

Great idea!!
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

Where's 20k? I keep hearing about it, but don't for the life of me know where it is. I've been able to locate most of the other places like Meetmedere and such. I like RK better right now than SL from what I've seen of both.
    Last edited by WanderingMan; Dec 27th, 2006 at 15:54:17.

20K is a neutral outpost in Pleasant Meadows (I think). There's a whompa to it from Omni-1 Entertainment. The mission terminals in Newland and Trade both tend to give you missions around 20K for levels 75-175. Mobs in the surrounding area go from levels 50-100ish, iirc.

It's a nice place; if there were a grid terminal, some groups might well move there.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast