Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old School RK Hunting Areas!!!

RK is great...so much more nteresting then SL.
    So much to learn, so little time!

If something could be done to revive these places on Rubi-ka it would be an AMAZINGLY huge impact on the game.

THe ability to kill so many different types of mobs and the short term reward of feeling good because you moved on to the next levelling location was tremendous.

each of these places were nice because they generally were ended up with an associated meeting point. Teams would fill up and go.

You got to fully experience the game as you saw many of the mob types that the game had to offer, but slowly. Your eyes never burned like they do now with the vision of another heckler...

The constant rotation to new camps with different scenery, locations, difficulties to get to, and mob types gave an uncomparable feel of starting a fresh segmant in your players life.

It also spread out the players more...

Currently you find level 50-80 nascence hecks
    80-160 ely hecks
    160-220 adonis hecks
    200-220 inferno hecks

there is little sense of accomplishment as you move to an area that looks fairly similar (brinks have that bad quality of looking similiar) and killing the identical mob only a tougher version.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

I would do ANYTHING for either a Rubi-ka revival patch, booster, or expansion.

maybe ramping up the mobs a little to give an excuse to boost their XP to a comparable level of SL

increasing their spawn rates as well.

This would fit in so perfectly with the graphics engine revamp.

Rubi-ka had the Sci-fi omni vs. Clan conflict that I fell in love with.... SL forced me away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Czarina
    I would do ANYTHING for either a Rubi-ka revival patch, booster, or expansion.

maybe ramping up the mobs a little to give an excuse to boost their XP to a comparable level of SL

increasing their spawn rates as well.

This would fit in so perfectly with the graphics engine revamp.

Rubi-ka had the Sci-fi omni vs. Clan conflict that I fell in love with.... SL forced me away from it.
    BUMP!!! You read my feelings exactly! I wish the world of Rubika and its denizens had a facelift in the works.

I wish i could turn the time back 2 years, Will never forget the Shade camp Nw from outpost Tir, when everybody thought that the sandworm was the hardest mob in the game lol, i loved the game back then

140+ smugglers
    150+missions
    175+ ota/smug/eel

token hunting is still fun imho
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

Smugglers Den still gets crowded from time to time to this day. Lots of good stuff to be had from there.
    Xenixa - Gear/Setup
    General of First Order

Nano-Technician (McFalls') Maxim:
    No degree of acceptance can ever change the facts.
    Translation: You may come to terms with being screwed, but nevertheless you're still screwed.

Hehe, nice thread, good memories.

Would be nice if people would start to go back and do some RK-hunting but there is one thing that is very different on RK nowdays and the RK of old.

See any buildings back then?

Now the new playercitys takes up WAY to much space on RK. Don't get me wrong, I like the citys and their advantages but did they have to make them so damn BIG?

Anyhow, nice thread
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
    --Albert Einstein

Hmm... camping?!?

Phikks - Fixer
    Grandalph - MP
    Qhite - MA

WTB SL closed for 1 week...

hexx noobs doing mishes: "WTF WAI SL DAWN?! I NED KIL HEXX TO BI 3L33T PLX"

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukts
    WTB SL closed for 1 week...

hexx noobs doing mishes: "WTF WAI SL DAWN?! I NED KIL HEXX TO BI 3L33T PLX"

I'd chip in for that, can we get 2 weeks?

somehow the free offer for Classic AO witch runs at the moment has SL closed for 52 weeks
    If Jesus Christ is still alive and well, how come John and Elvis are dead?

----------------------
    Ueli, advie
    Chriskross, doc
    Kumicou, agent
    Abbak, trader

Quote Originally Posted by Blowup
    somehow the free offer for Classic AO witch runs at the moment has SL closed for 52 weeks
    And that is what makes this such an important thread. New players locked on RK with the free subscription will be seeking a guide like this as they get started (and eventually hooked like us all!)

God job everyone! I really enjoy the information on this post!
    Miriamele - Enforcer
    General - Peoples Front of Judea

Cavallo - Keeper

If one checks the map, there is a lot of unused space on rubi-ka, just made for new playfields and dungeons.

How about making some 190+ areas, maybe a cyborg manufaturing plant. Notum refinemant plant (obviously run by aliens for nicking all our precious notum). Oh, and what about the covert unicorns, acting on their own, hidden, agenda.

There's just som many ideas to make RK more interesting.

/Technokid

ps.
    I also go to 8x8 every once in a while, just for kicks.
    Good, bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Techno, lvl 190

Unit Commander of Ring of Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Czarina
    If something could be done to revive these places on Rubi-ka it would be an AMAZINGLY huge impact on the game.
    I couldn't agree more. In the rush to add new content and expand our options, all of the RK outdoors have become no longer viable. This, sadly, is counter productive, because in the 3.5 years of AO, we have actually had a great loss in the amount of diverse hunting areas. An unseen rule of MMOs is that any time you add new content that is better then the old content, the old content stops being used. The net effect is that there isn't an increase in content, just a change.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Exclamation Give Us Back Rubi-Ka!!!!

Id really would love a polishing of RK myself. As many other players here, Im after the Sci-Fi environment, not the old 'shiny knight' theme.

What if we started a demonstration in ICC to show how we feel about this???!? (for those non old-Schoolers of AO who doesnt know where ICC is, Im willing to start a tutoring-journey from... ICC)
    Last edited by Mr_C; Dec 18th, 2004 at 13:33:37.

Blitzing CRUs and I ran accross a borg in a mission, holding a nano-charged weapon... and I had an idea... upgrade their damage and AC and claim they nicked a shipment of SL weapons heading out of jobe, and then upgrade the XP on them as well
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Talan
    Blitzing CRUs and I ran accross a borg in a mission, holding a nano-charged weapon... and I had an idea... upgrade their damage and AC and claim they nicked a shipment of SL weapons heading out of jobe, and then upgrade the XP on them as well
    Oohh! Good call.. or an alien weapon even. That would be quite a plot twist, the borgs helping the invaders.

Edit: I'm completely off topic. I don't know of any "old school" areas, but send me a tell if you want a level 122 NT for borgs
    Frankkie "Bluueyze" Baybee
    Rimor - Level 128/3 NT - Board Member of Jin-Roh
    Alts: Aristaia MA ~ Lilim Shade ~ Tuchdis MP

Thumbs up Coords pls

If you all could post coords to the huntings spots & dungeons, I will edit them into my first post.

-thx

Coords for Shades in Lush pls, im around with my lvl 15NT (test) in Harrys/Lush atm, but I need coords

Lb Lb!!

screams: LB!!!! LB!!!!!!!
    *equip his kodiak and drives up to the cave for safety*
    *waits 10 min for the rest of the team to ress and get back to kill some more*

those were the days...... =))

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast