Thread: Agent perks

Agent perks

So, I'm brushing abit up on my agent, and are wondering.
    Now, this is his current setup.
    Infantry, cause it adds to rifle.
    Black ops, for the rifle (alhtough it's just +5, so ot really alot)
    And
    Nano doctorate for, well... I didn't know where else to put it, and I figured extra nanoskills won't be that bad, eh?

The thing is, I figure that Black Ops isn't all that good right now. +9 damage might be nice, fine! The +5 rifleskill after investing 2 points is not much at all! And chaotic modulation just don't seem useful to me. Fine, some mobs have insane ACs, and randomizing my damagetype might give me some high(er)-output-damage. Might.

Nanodoctorate comes in handy, I can imagine, but in the position my agent is right now, he can cast most his nanos without it,a nd there's some time before he kinda need the +5 to cast the next nanos in any line.

But I'm getting abit off the topic I was planning for here:

Question: What perks are you investing in? And why? What would you reccommend?

...as the link to my perk-setup should indicate, my agent is currently slightly above 60.

Thank you for your time.

my current is:

Assassin: 9 , BO 6, Infantery 2, Nano Doc 3, Genius 2

[220/22/01] Desperad0 - Enforcer
    [220/20/59] Minidesp - Agent

My setup: Assassin 10, BlackOp 10, Infantry 2, Nano 2 and First Aid 4.

But I am really curious about Shadowsneak. Anyone with experience with Shadowsneak?

My current setup is: Assassin 10, BlackOps 10, Infantry 10, Genius 2.

Assassin is the best perk line we have imo, and provide the best specials (Tranquilizer, Concussive Shot, Assassinate).

BlackOps comes second with some decent +addDmg, rifle/AS bonuses (add fling too, but I don't have any use of that), some good/decent special like SoftenUp, Pinpoint Strike and DeathStrike. Chaotic Modulation is something I've used only to test mobs AC weaknesses, I didn't find any practical use for it beside that.

Infantry adds a lot of rifle+some health and for me that has been the only reason to raise it over 2 (where you get Armor Piercing Shoot which is a prereq for some other special and provide some always interesting AC debuff). It has been one of the last lines I've skilled. Find the Flaw damage is pretty low, nice to have some more damage but nothing to die for. Called Shot would be decent, but requires a soldier perk special already running, so it really comes down to whetever or not you often play with a soldier (I do).

Genius made me able to equip a ql220 Brain Symbiant relatively early, and Regain Nano is *really* useful if you solo a lot at high levels or you play the healer part often (Mimic Doc).

The original plan was to max Nanodoc for our procs/detaunts nanos and the NSD removal special, but atm the IP and perk point investment to cast the higher nanos is not worth because of the small advantage they give. I've skilled and unskilled NanoDoc various times depending on my needs.

I can't give you any suggestion about what to skill at your level, when SL arrived I was already relatively high, so my perspective was surely kinda different. The only thing I can say is to skill the perks that will give you the best advantage til your next perk point, since then you can always reset the perk and use the 2 points in other ways (that is, unless you don't get a new perk point before the previous one has been resetted). I've skilled more than once nanodoc just to cast a nano then resetted it at next perk point just to use the 2 points on other lines. Do some plan before hand and don't go too far into a line you won't keep for at last some time,, but don't fear to temp skill something either.

I think I'll eventually invest next perk points in Shadowneak for Fade Armor and Shadowbullet. Night Killer requires Shadow Killer (an adv perk special from the ShadowStalker line) to work: I don't know how much this line is popular between advs. Anyway I wouldn't get the Night Killer special without resetting Genius, so it will be mainly about how much I'll still feel the need of the extra 1.2K nanos when I'll get closer to 220.

Though, atm, Rushe is kinda retired for lack of goals and interesting high level content...
    Last edited by Rushe; Mar 13th, 2004 at 12:41:45.
    Dave "Endless" Lenren - Surprise! You're dead - RK3 Shade -
    aka Russel "Rushe" Lenren

Proud member of Enlivenment of Nyaya

We may need you to play twing-twang (NSFW)

Thanks for the input.

Really appriciate it

Perk genius, you will wonder how you survived without it.

Question

Hmm, If Nanomage is it still viable to drop points into Genius??
    Save them perhaps for HP related perks??

Just a question, I'm still young and have a way to go.

Oh and so far:

2 points in Assassin

Genius 2 is a really-nice-to-have, but it's not a must-absolutely-have. As Nanomage, you should have enough nanopool. And I know some Opifexes who don't have it and who are performing well enough.
    [edit]Without Genius, you will spend a lot of time sitting in SL, tho[/edit]

Assassin 7, BlackOps 3, Genius 2, NanoDoctorate 4, Enhanced DNA 2.
    Concealment is bugged in PvM: hit sneak two times after you zone. Only then you will be able to sneak properly.

Last edited by Sterranu; Mar 16th, 2004 at 15:51:22.

Originally posted by Rushe
    I think I'll eventually invest next perk points in Shadowneak for Fade Armor and Shadowbullet. Night Killer requires Shadow Killer (an adv perk special from the ShadowStalker line) to work: I don't know how much this line is popular between advs.
    Far from popular. In fact, I dont know if anyone uses it regulary.

But that might change.