Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Agent Wish List

Some more of my own wishes:

I would like to see our perk specials use the range of our weapons instead of a set distance. I would also like called shot, and both snipe shots to be broken down into a version that does x damage without the soldier buffs, and does x++ damage when the soldier buffs are there. That way we can use them without having to drag a soldier around with us, but having that soldier makes them better. I would really like to see deathstrike and assassinate reworked so that they are usefull for more than just beating on a mob which is already dead for the most part.

Also, bring on the Impoved Mimic nanos, 20 minute hostile duration, followed by a 20 minute or more friendly duration. That would be a wonderful change in most agents eyes, I think
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

Re: Longer Version of Mimic Doc

Originally posted by Matpakkiz
    We could really use an increase on the timer on this mimic line, cuz its very annoying to recast the mimic doc nano every 20 min when youre the only healer in team.

/bullsaye
    I second that motion.

I'd also like to request that someone look into the droprates of the latest inferno weapons, having to spend days upon days camping a 250 mob for our rifle is just ridiculous. Best guess is the droprate is at or below 1%, If we were able to solo this boss it would be another story, but we cant.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so lowly, This day shall enoble his rank. And gentlemen in England, now abed, Shall think themselves accursed they were not here; And hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

General of Adrenaline Rush

You can solo yourself a JotR, I got mine totally without help from others. Had far from a 100% successrate tho since a couple of crits and a nuke during a CH recharge from Tiunissik can kill any agent, and any other small mistake also tend to end up in reclaim. But when that happened I just tried again. The droprate sucks bad tho as does droprate of everything added in last patch.

Anyways, what I want for agent profession:

- Firstly make the damage buffs past sickening shock and waves of sickening scale so they are worth the enormous IP spendage needed:

As it is now those 2 buffs give:

+ 195 dmg
    Either a 21% chance of a 1133 dmg proc nuke or a 15% chance of a dot doing 599 initial damage and 3 ticks of 699 damage every 5s after that

Top of the line buffs give (waves of trauma and harm shock):

+255 damage
    Either a 21% chance of a 1481 dmg proc nuke or a 15% chance of a dot doing 691 initial damage and 3 ticks of 864 damage every 5s after that.

The difference is insignificant. One suggestion is to make it scale so waves of trauma and harm shock gives +400 damage. +2500 damage DD or a dot with lower time between ticks, for instance doing the 864 dmg in ticks every 2 sec instead of every 5 sec on the top of the line dot. And in that case increase chance of procs of dot line a bit.

Would suggest unsettling shock and waves of unsettling similarly should give +300 damage and proc dot tick every 3s or so.

- If it is truly intended that we only get procs from one of the +dmg proc buff lines, consider moving them into 1 line of buffs but boost the damage on each of them by 100%. Would save us some NCU too which IMO is sorely needed, our buffs are very NCU costly.

- Make ql 300 inamorata weapons drop reliably from some mobs please. Nano and pet users got their tools now, bought in a store. All they need to camp is spec 4. We need to camp spec 4 and then in addition camp some insanely rare weapons and turnspirits. It is about time we get the power we were promised before the expansion too now I think. Do this and make turn spirits more available so we can get some new toys.

- Increase the requirment for death strike and assassinate to 25% remaining target health instead of 15%. Or decrease the execution time to 1s. As it is now they can be very valuable to our damage in teams, but in a really high damage team you don't even have time to get them off even on inferno hecklers.

- Decrease recharge on soften up to 1min. This so we can use PPS every minute as well without having to rely on a second agent in team. Considering docs have perk specials with 20sec recharge in addition to their dots, their perk specials basically outdamage our concussive + pps perks. What happened to the promise of agents beeing among the top damage dealers?

- Fix our perks so concussive shot damage scale all the time not just on some odd occasions after we reclaim and then only until we zone again.

- If fixing our damage through new rifles, please do *not* make it a campfest. If I get another rifle with 1% droprate that I *have* to get in order to reach the damage potentional we were promised I am going to puke.

- Remove the social clothing flag on the new bigot items so we can actually wear them without removing our armor.
    Last edited by Buffdispense; Mar 6th, 2004 at 11:49:37.

Buffdispense i must say i like your ideas in your post.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Like them? I cyb0r them...
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Originally posted by Morphex
    Like them? I cyb0r them...
    eww go make your own thread for that stuff
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

I vote for a pvp concealment check but dont force us to be in a concealed state.

Just something simple like

Shooter Concealment >= perception + 15% of target

If you fail that check you cant get an aimed shot off or its a weak fling.

If you pass the check then aimed shot as normal.

This prevents other professions with 0/minimal concealment using our rifles to get full aimed shot damage in pvp.

"Fix our perks so concussive shot damage scale all the time not just on some odd occasions after we reclaim and then only until we zone again."

This is actually a bug isn't it? If it is, it should be easier and faster to get fixed.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Concussive shot not scaling definately looks like a bug. I would bet 10 creds on bigot items having social clothing flag beeing a bug too but I can't know the dev's "intentions" :P.

Updated first post with some sort of wishlist, keep posting if you agree/disagree...
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Added the range issues with our perks and detaunt nano
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

- Please add to the specials to eventually change in terms of dependancy from other prof perks Called Shot (Infantry 10, requires Triangulate Target, soldier special) and Night Killer (Shadowsneak 10, requires ShadowKiller, adv special).

- I'd like to see more granularity in our nanos requirements as well, granting a more linear set of goals after lvl210, instead of the current big laps (reqs-wise) they have atm. This not only for dmg nanos but detaunts as well.

- More meaning to our AS skill PvM-wise at high levels. While at higher AS skill we have an higher min-dmg on our AS special, that boils down to a difference of 2-3K at high levels, on a 13K single special that already count as a minimal part of the HPs of the average high level mob. While fixing our perk specials scaling would be already a good step forward, we would probably still hit for min dmg with them if no trader around, so from my point of view, while AS tend to give pvm-wise a good advantage earlier than other specials due to the random multipliers, it doesn't scale as well as other specials which not only increase on dmg effect with higher skill, but can count on a faster refresh as well (AS obviously recycle faster too, but it's still a single time per mob special), and I'm not sure our perk specials even fixed or changed (I'm referring to 15% HP limited specialse) will compensate this. While probably atm this is not yet a clear disadvantage, with more availability of Turn Spirits in 15.5 patch, I think that we may end up suffering the lack of a reusable fast special like FA on soldiers weapons. Increasing AS cap, wouldn't be a solution imo, since that would probably requires far better detaunts to compensate.
    Well, it really depends on how FC will change our current situation to see if this point has ground or not, but it's something I think we should make present to devs...

- For what regards detaunts, they should have at last a casting distance equal to the distance at which mobs hit.

- In general, more goals for 210+ agents, the current situation doesn't make me wish to spend the time needed to get more shadowlevel due to what seems to me a small space for improvements.
    Dave "Endless" Lenren - Surprise! You're dead - RK3 Shade -
    aka Russel "Rushe" Lenren

Proud member of Enlivenment of Nyaya

We may need you to play twing-twang (NSFW)

Throw Obj and rifle modification

Ok i think we should get more choices then just rifle and AS. we can do throw obj but i havent seen anyone use this. 1 idea is to make a blowgun that shoots poison darts also giving u a 1 time use special on it that does a high Direct Damg only disadvantage should be that u can only hold 1 dart in the gun at a time and once u have used up the special u have to wait for a certain amount of time like AS. also the blowgun should be equipped with several different types of darts. such as poison,chem,fire,cold etc.

also rifle modification. modifying weapons or rifles like building on to it. example. you want to change the damg type on your ql 200 caterwaul so it does chemical damg or any other type of damg. also once u modify ur rifle u should only be able to do it once on the rifle u have modifed. another thing allow us to put chemistry to good use for poison bombs,smoke bombs, and customized darts for blowgun i mentioned above. also put mech engi trade skill to use as rifle modification yea i know some ppl will say rifle modification should belong to weap smithing but we arent building weaps we r adding on to a weap making it slightly customized to our style of fighting. agents are assasins we should be able to utilize everything in our arsenal besides rifles and nanos.

improve our end nanos.. as they require too much to be worth it..
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by Phoenix
    improve our end nanos.. as they require too much to be worth it..
    You didn't actually read the wishlist, did you?
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Originally posted by Morphex

You didn't actually read the wishlist, did you?
    I did but not the updated one. Why?
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Upping the duration timer on the agent evac nanos to 30 seconds atleast, due to the fact that you can now get tagged in pvp.

Atm its like this.

You get rooted, you use evac you run to the zone, your still rooted and flagged on the other side. + you got -2000 def/off.

Quite useless now with the new system. imo
    easy to see its what it should be used for as you cant really use it in mass pvp/tower war.

and not to mention to give us weapons that actually do more damage then most support classes has.
    Last edited by Phoenix; Apr 10th, 2004 at 21:16:00.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

okie here are my lists of complaints

1. why is it there is a very noticable lack in armor for agents in SL(not the artillery armor).. i mean armor like bellum or merlins, neither of which we can use.
    2. if Fp is going to be taken away from us then what good are we. to many times i have depended on NSD or UBT and CH to keep my squishy rear end safe.
    3. i find this remark about agents being top DD over time is laughable at the least and laudable ot the most. a 200 MA OD's me. and i have more than decent amount of damage increasers and rifle skill at 207.
    4. the lack of specialized SL items. every Fixer MP NT advy and so forth has had convulsions over new gadgets that boost nanoskills or trade skills. agents??? not one dang thing.
    5. drop rate on rifles that are supposed to be uber but end up mediocre.
    6. in the words of Dr. Evil" Throw me a friggin bone here."
    "Mother are they goin to drop the bomb"

I think the issues might have changed slightly on the back of the last patch (but not much).

Perennium Sniper is a more obtainable and good alternative rifle to Joy, I am liking perennium and I think my 3 days camping for it was fair enough would have been faster if there wasn't so many other people camping the same mobs.

Caterwaul being agent only (not a change I agree with) has gone some way to resolving the other prof's using aimed shot problem. Sure they can still use Zastaba or Ithaca but they don't do very good aimed shots that often.

I totally think we need some new armor in the game, agents seem to be notably missed on so many good bits of armor. However a bunch of stuff introduced in Crypt of home has a visual-prof requirement and I see this as a very positive sign.

Agent Faithful/Chosen armor seems bugged to me. Having hp modifiers of 4 on the ql220 parts just seems borked and hardly a good reward for the effort in camping the armor.

Random proc'ing after zoning is still a stupid bug and should be addressed in general (either they should stack or the lines should be merged and the damage doubled or something).

Regarding mimic duration I think the simplist fix to this (therefore perhaps the most likely as no major changes are needed to the format of the nano) would be to make it have a 5sec/1sec cast time or something. It eats a bit of nano in casting but I feel that is fair penalty for re-casting mimic.

Too many of our symbiants are stupid. Artillery ear is stupid and useless and should have +xp -nano cost on it. Artillery left arm at high ql's sucks because heal delta only gets good at 810 stamina (a bug imo) which basically takes it out of the picture for opifex. Lower ql art left arms have +alldef +alloff and this would be better.

I want funcom to formally retract the statement about us being top damage dealers, we can be top damage dealers if we do everything possible to increase our damage but it doesn't happen often (what I mean by this is that we go crat charm 2 big things at the end of mimic, go NT and chain cast a fast AoE while shooting).

//my personal opinion, under extreme time pressure of developing shadowlands FC saw agent as being a profession being too complicated to balance properly (because mimic is so powerful in some situations) so they just didn't really give us anything much and forgot about us.

Saying all of this, I'm still loving it!
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast