Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pistol soldier questions.

pistol soldier questions.

Ive been recently planning to to try and roll a soldier that wont cost me 5 mil a pop in peren beamers every 10 levels(mainly because i dont have that kind of capitol) and i have heard of pistol soldiers being just as good if not better than assault rifle soldiers endgame. i was wonderin if they are just as viable at low levels and what are some weapon suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by xjin1 View Post
    Ive been recently planning to to try and roll a soldier that wont cost me 5 mil a pop in peren beamers every 10 levels(mainly because i dont have that kind of capitol) and i have heard of pistol soldiers being just as good if not better than assault rifle soldiers endgame. i was wonderin if they are just as viable at low levels and what are some weapon suggestions.
    Pistols is still the top DD for endgame as far as we know atm...

the pb problem is easy.. just pop in to as high as you can and use it untill your its QL (or you can get on a WAY better one) or untill you can get on a SPB.. thers several threads here on twinking FA and AR..... shure you will be gimped afew levels every now and then untill you can get spb on but.. meh... what i do on moast of my toons untill i can get 200 on..

Oh and pistols before SL leves is not a good idea..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Pistols is still the top DD for endgame as far as we know atm...

the pb problem is easy.. just pop in to as high as you can and use it untill your its QL (or you can get on a WAY better one) or untill you can get on a SPB.. thers several threads here on twinking FA and AR..... shure you will be gimped afew levels every now and then untill you can get spb on but.. meh... what i do on moast of my toons untill i can get 200 on..

Oh and pistols before SL leves is not a good idea..
    ummm anyone want to translate into noob for me?

errrrr lemme think.. ok..

You get on as high QL of a Peren blaster as you can and then level whith it untill you can get on a WAY better one.. usualy you can use one untill your almost the same level as it before you realy need to get a new one... then you put on as good as you can again... and repeat untill you can get a ql 200 peren blaster on..
    Thers alot of threads on this forum on how to get your assault rifle / burst and Full Auto skills as high as possible..

Oh and pistols are not a good option untill your level 200+

Better? =)
    Messiah has spoken.

errrrr lemme think.. ok..

You get on as high QL of a Peren blaster as you can and then level whith it untill you can get on a WAY better one.. usualy you can use one untill your almost the same level as it before you realy need to get a new one... then you put on as good as you can again... and repeat untill you can get a ql 200 peren blaster on..
    Thers alot of threads on this forum on how to get your assault rifle / burst and Full Auto skills as high as possible..

Better? =)
    much, but i still wanna be a pistol soldier from the start so i suppose ill take the dumbass route and do it anyways ^.^ ill hunt through the advy forums for pistol options.

Disagree, big time...
    Have had jpgpp+smg setup on from 130, od'd every pb soldier which crossed my path. jpgpp+smg from 110+ is as viable option as pb's.

Just my 5 cents.

he said he doesnt have that kinda capital

so he cant afford these pistol
    Crono6
    Soldier 220/23
    MAKE ME UBER
    Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Crono6 View Post
    he said he doesnt have that kinda capital

so he cant afford these pistol
    jcgpp is quite cheap though but will easily cost more than the pblasters since you just sell them for the sameish amount of money as you bought it for
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

What I believe the problem with pistol soldiers pre-201 is is the pistol having too few bullets to give an FA that compares to an SPB. By which I mean, a pistol will hit with 10 bullets max, while a PB gets 1 exta bullet for every 100 FA skill you get, so with 1k FA skill, a PB will hit with 15 bullets, while a pistol will only hit with 10. The low MBS might also be a problem.

It is true that the pistol will have a lower FA recharge time, but getting SMG+FS up early might mean sacrificing a few other skills.
    Last edited by Eseb; Feb 16th, 2007 at 11:36:33.

He just needs to camp the dyna, and go on ai raids for the items
    Verwooks 220/27 Soldier
    Naprapat 220/21 Doctor

General of Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman View Post
    jcgpp is quite cheap though but will easily cost more than the pblasters since you just sell them for the sameish amount of money as you bought it for
    but, they cost around the same as a 200 blaster, and have a silly willy long FA recharge.
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Assault rifle will give you alot more versatility, as well as equal or better damage on almost all types of encounters.

Some examples on where you will do more damage;

-High evade mobs; due to getting higher attack rating than with SMG.
    -Good dd mish teams; where spike damage and fast movement is all that matters.
    -In pvp. Especially with a Supernova hotswap option.
    -DD competitions on unique encounters.
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

much, but i still wanna be a pistol soldier from the start so i suppose ill take the dumbass route and do it anyways ^.^ ill hunt through the advy forums for pistol options.
    the core here would be that we dont actuly use pistols.. we use a pistol and a SMG...

However Jobe pistols ql 140-159 are like 20-40mil now.. aka same as 200 blaster..
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by irmo View Post
    but, they cost around the same as a 200 blaster, and have a silly willy long FA recharge.
    like I said that you sell and buy pblasters for the same amount that you sell them for hence they only cost the sameish so upgrading them is really of no cost really xcept for the spb.
    and yes they are quite slow until you get lvl 210+
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Fullfrontal View Post
    Disagree, big time...
    Have had jpgpp+smg setup on from 130, od'd every pb soldier which crossed my path. jpgpp+smg from 110+ is as viable option as pb's.

Just my 5 cents.
    Ah but there's the thing. If you have jpgpp at 130, I'm assuming you're tweaked. If you're ODing 130 soldier with pb, it's because they only have pb, as opposed to spb. Are these people you're Oding tweaked as well?
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

With LE pistol is pretty much a thing of the past unless you're willing to get nearly every damage boosting item in the game.
    P.S. anyone wanna try out shark vs smg?
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina View Post
    Ah but there's the thing. If you have jpgpp at 130, I'm assuming you're tweaked. If you're ODing 130 soldier with pb, it's because they only have pb, as opposed to spb. Are these people you're Oding tweaked as well?
    I never was OD'd by a pistol soldier when i was using SPB till i was past level 200 (meaning pistol soldiers on my level range), i wasn't that tweaked, and i asume that most of them weren't really either. Theres a lot of people that perform under what they should do witht heir setup too, having the money to buy your items don't involve buying the skills to use them properly, too.

Pistols are expensive

Actually, LE opened up a new way to get guns without spending a penny. You can (in theory) get teams and do alien missions until you have enough Victory Points to go buy a OFAB Shark Assault Rifle. They are available in the tower shop in Old Athens (White building near the Whoompa) in many different qualities. The aliens drop pieces and you just right click them and they convert to VPs. It won't be easy, you have to get teams to do missions, no solo alien missions. However, you can get someone lower than you to team with you and roll the missions which bring the level of the aliens down. You will have to do a lot of missions. Missions are pulled from the Unicorn Recuiter in the Outzone. Go to ICC, out the tunnel to a platform. A shuttle comes down and takes you to the outzone. Everytime you die, you will need another shuttle ride.

You could continue to do this and keep buying higher level guns. The final boss of each mission has a chance to drop an upgrade for your gun. You can also buy armor this way. You will be earning Regular experience, plus Alien Experience, plus credits, plus VPs, plus tokens for your token board (don't get those if you had a low roller get you the mish, only if you do a legitimate team).

It seems like Funcom wanted to create a way for players to get gear that was seperate from the run-away credit economy. Frankly, it's a little hard for us oldschoolers to fathom because we are used to the old way, but for a new player it might work very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmrabe View Post
    FUNCOM doesn't know S!!T about lazy and apathetic!

I'll SHOW YOU lazy and apathetic...

Tomorrow... if I feel like it.

Ofab weaponry, in my opinion, can be too deamanding (getting the VP's for it) for a leveling character, i haven't seen the stats of a shark MK6 on lower levels after the improvements, but probably you woul have to spend too much time farming VP's and bios to keep upgrading it, even if the stats make it worth wile at all levels. The good point is that you'll reach AI 30 faster by doing it :P

gave in

I gave in and respecced to AR the IP and Time demands trying to find decent pistols forced me to switch back. Assault rifles arent bad i just wanted somthin different .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast