Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Engineers in society

Just to let you all know - I will be running the Third Immortal Ascension party on Rimor this Saturday at Reets... I will be signing screwdrivers there

(As well as doing a whole lot of other things... it will be great)

[/blatant self advertisment]
    Halouk - 205 Atrox Eng RK2
    Goodbye AO. I'll miss ya.
    Guide to Engineers in Society.

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

Adding my own section for kicks :

Extreme Prejudice:

For those who aren't familiar with Extreme Prejudice, it's a highly coveted pistol/grenade buff that was given to Engineers as the Developers obviously love Engineers and hate all other classes.

Since Engineers get four times the IP of other professions, raising the dark blue PsyMod and SenseImp nanoskills should be relatively easy after raising every trade skill, evades and weapon skills even with some optional TimeSpace and MatCrea on the side for some minor bonuses in combat ability. Extreme Prejudice is castable by late TL3, and if an engie doesn't have it at TL4 they're obviously gimped noobies who have no clue about the class-defining nanoprograms of the Engineer (those being ones that increase Breaking&Entering and TrapDisarm).

If you need EP it can be obtained through a bizarre ritual that will communicate your intent of being buffed with this easily castable buff, of which I will detail further. First, sit in front of a whompah exit on your side's most populated town. When you see a Slayerdroid appear (that is also easily self-castable by TL3/TL4 engineers) you should immediately /follow the pet's owner. Proceed to bombard this engineers with tells like "GIMA EP PLZ U STUPDI TRAEDSKIL WHOR!!!111!", if he replies witha polite "sorry, I'm not available to buff you right now, I'm busy" or ignores you, he is simply following the mandates of the ritual and his words can be translated into "Yes, chase me around Omni Ent for 5 minutes, and when I try to go into the store to buy/sell/bank stuff, feel free to harass me more". Proceed harassment until the engineer, in accordance with the last phase of the ceremonial rites, begrudgingly gives you EP or logs out. (Note: It matters not if this engineer is not using a grenade or pistol weapon, as the key role of the engineer is to inconvenience themselves to tradeskill and buff others. MA engies will more than happily perform the EP ritual for you.)
    Last edited by Durandal_1707; Feb 20th, 2004 at 06:33:59.

ill sigh the screwdriver, but ill need to go to shop to buy materials first
    Reset Bobv Tradeskill - 182 eng doodSetup>
    Kungfumaster Aoeabuse Wong - 120 NT dood | Neurd - 143 MP dood | Bobtor - 85 Doctor dude | Fixdisbiatch - lvl 60 fixer | Coffeedotcom - lvl 60 crat | Aludra - lowbie adv, winnder of Gridstream's WTF award
    Screenshots (hehe) - - -Neleb's Nanocircuit Pajamas!!! woot? I am ali-baba! Annihilator pet!!!!!! A sign in adonis WRANGLEPLZ UBERSLAYERANIHILATORZOR BARNEY PWNZ hamsterARK!!!

if you can read this you dont need glasses
    my story

LOL

Great guide, Halouk! Added it to my sig
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

when engineers say "itll be 1m then" they are talking about time in minutes till they click accept in trade window

engineers will always buy new tango dirks after the ql went up to a point where customers cant equip them anymore (same with nano clusters, even if it means camping in jobe 2 days)
    +
    engineers will be happy to improve your allready improved tango dirks (maybe the ql goes up bit more ,who knows ?)

standing in a shop and wearing med suit doesnt mean an engineer cant fly to TK, TIM or somewhere else now to warp players there

every engineer will cancel his 6xabsorb layers in the middle of a fight to buff the team version (player in fight ? cant invite joo, got bugged pet ?!?!)

its true , engineers can warp players to inferno temples, we just dont want to.

rotfl

excellent job on that one.. And the material part is soooo true.. you missed the pocket
    boss stuff.. where people want you to use your
    own flow of novictum to build their PB..

keep up the good job..
    tijup..
    Trounevis the funny fat engy. Tradeskill and gimp since day-1. (Supreme Creator)
    Grattepapela Please, fill this form first. <Bureaucrat, 201, Retired>
    Yamamotokekc Warp-Line Inc. for CoH Services.
    Pikouseuse Mediiiiiiiiiic !!!!

engineers have an eng only dungeion to camp ql 300+ novs of of lvl 50 mobs, and have a backpack that disables unique tag, so egnineers always have a backpack of novictums for your patterns.
    Reset Bobv Tradeskill - 182 eng doodSetup>
    Kungfumaster Aoeabuse Wong - 120 NT dood | Neurd - 143 MP dood | Bobtor - 85 Doctor dude | Fixdisbiatch - lvl 60 fixer | Coffeedotcom - lvl 60 crat | Aludra - lowbie adv, winnder of Gridstream's WTF award
    Screenshots (hehe) - - -Neleb's Nanocircuit Pajamas!!! woot? I am ali-baba! Annihilator pet!!!!!! A sign in adonis WRANGLEPLZ UBERSLAYERANIHILATORZOR BARNEY PWNZ hamsterARK!!!

if you can read this you dont need glasses
    my story

Laughing on the floor

Greet Post, so true

Hypertinker-opifex engineering corps

The more I read this and the more I play my engineer, the more truth does it contain.

I honestly think that the notion floats about AO that engineers start the game with 1200 points in every tradeskill and the direct cell phone number of the folks who make carbonum plates, notum chips and carbon rocks, as we can get any QL, anytime, anywhere.

Additionally, I think there is a widely held belief that engineers are actually friends with the mantis species, who actually lay mantis eggs for us at the "Frank Purdue Mantis Egg Hatchery and Refinery". Like our little elven helpers, the Mantis species not only lays the eggs, but transforms them in VTEs for our worldwide domination of that particualr commodity. First Omni Tek subjugates the atrox for notum mining, and now the Galactic Consortium of Greedy Tradeskillers has the mantis working in subterranean sweat shops mass producing this most highly prized shoulder item.

Two people have asked me to make VTEs. Yes, a level 79 engineer can make the VTE. Sure I can. And yes, one person said he needed me to furnish the egg. He was actually surprised that I have not yet farmed Smugglers for mantis eggs or purchased them in bulk (to keep the Engineer Bag of Infinite Space full at all times). I recognize that only the most n00b level 79 engineers haven't laid waste to that particular dungeon, but I play alts and am rather busy most times.

But getting 1000 Mech Eng is easy at level 79!
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

/MOON , your guide SUCKS !
    *Lusi does 180º turn and starts running*

btw you forgot to mention engies get 10 perk point per level so we can easily keep both tradeskills cocoons and all other perks maxed at all times.
    Lusitano: Rimor Engineer

Originally posted by Highorbit
    But getting 1000 Mech Eng is easy at level 79!
    Dude, only n00b engineers wait until 79 to have 1000 in ME. I had 1000 in ME at level 11. At 15 I could make QL200 implants and armor, which came in handy at 19 when I took my Slayer and solo'd Ian Warr. Which leads me to my next comment:

Is it me, or does it seem like there is the widely held belief that an engineer at any level can solo anything they want? I mean, I know we're all part of the Galactic Consortium of Greedy Tradeskillers(tm), but a lot of people really do think that in addition to having 2500 in every tradeskill, our bots are ungodly machines of mass destruction that leave piles of corpses in their wake whilest we go AFK and let exp rain down on our heads. Maybe I really am the gimpiest engineer ever, but my pet cons red to me and it isn't a Death Star with legs that so many think it is. /boggle

Gimp J/K

You Gimp I was building Eggs and QL 200 Carb with my screwdriver at lvl 2 ! And since I am so Uber I had 999 million credits for trade skills at lvl 1 ! I did have to wait until lvl 5 to cast my slayer though.. And I also have the Bag of unlimited resources . Make sure you get on of those 8P

Litkins <----- devoted follower of Halouk's Guide to Engineers in Society (TM)
    The Wandering MP-Back Home Again

You had to wait until 5 for your slayer? What a total gimp!!

I was using the Widomaker at level 4, and this before it was in the game. Sure, I had a few bumps pwning Pandemonium from levels 1-3, but it did pay off (phat exp for killing Pandemonium bosses at level 1, let me tell ya). I think to be a real engineer, you have to have solo'd the entire Hollow Island ring before you get your first perk point.

The Galactic Council of Greedy Tradeskillers(tm) is teh rulest.

yeah and remember thats not a joke this is so true the bag of infinity space people always rude us and ask for frere work and we provide stuff :/

Someone actually asked you to make a VTE at level 79?

Like... I realize they may not be completely aware of the skill reqs..... but did they honestly think, that a 12M item, could be made by a level 79 player? I don't think I could make VTEs until I was almost 160, and that's with Imp swaps and a Trader/Engy ME buff!
    [ Ibuildit - 168 Engineer ]
    [ Iblitzit - 184 Fixer ]
    [ Islashthings - 172 Enforcer ]
    [ Isnipeit - 145 Agent ]
    [ Ihealit - 126 Doctor ]
    [ Istrikeit - 203 Martial Artist ]
    [ Istabit - 136 Shade ]
    [ Ishootit - 110 Soldier ]
    [ Koketsu - 171 Meta-Physicist ]

Levels: 1415
    Life: 0

Originally posted by PessimiStick
    Someone actually asked you to make a VTE at level 79?

Like... I realize they may not be completely aware of the skill reqs..... but did they honestly think, that a 12M item, could be made by a level 79 player? I don't think I could make VTEs until I was almost 160, and that's with Imp swaps and a Trader/Engy ME buff!
    Dude, I said the same thing both people. They both answered that they saw my "slayer" and figured I was high enough. Yes, my gimpy Gladiatorbot is now a Slayerdroid.

You know, maybe it was Teh Rollerrat Helmet of Teh Awesomeness that made them think I could do that. The Rat Cap is the clear signal of pure uberness. I guess they did make an honest mistake after all. 8)

Smile overview

great piece of lit.loved every word of it .thx .....well said well said.i need a pppe.......

Re: Guide to Engineers in society

Bumping - updated. Check edit noted at bottom of first post
    Halouk - 205 Atrox Eng RK2
    Goodbye AO. I'll miss ya.
    Guide to Engineers in Society.

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

Thanks for putting in my section, Halouk
    "Teal and black ringed spikes are the new blonde."
    -- Saraghina, RK2's prize-winning self-buffing bot anchor, now with diesel power.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast