Thread: Research

Research

Ok what ones are good and should be done first I've got Mech Ass 9 and Mil Hard 9 so far. and am I the only one that thinks it should be called PEN missile?... ps its late and I'm drunk but answer.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Id say get them all..

Its not too bad actually you can do 1-8 real real fast. im talking within a day of sking.

rest just get what you want to get, I am gonna max my abil first so i can use my IPR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandyr View Post
    towers = PvM or do you kill players to gain the advantages? do you plant players to gain the advantages? no its installations you kill/plant/use and they are clearly no players so its PvM.

yah same blck ability buffs always come 1st

other then that... if wanna skill a line then maybe done do the tradeskill one (if u dont need the +25 intel) and slack on the dmg line that u dont use, altho both ofc have useful buffs for whatever u use.

I'm going to get them all to 10, just because I can.

But the order will be:

4 on all of them - can be done in a few hours, already done.

Mechanical Assistance 9 - so I can unperk CoNC for twinking without gimping
    Serendipity 9 - for Stamina, my next symb planned
    Military Hardware 7 - for Sense, the one symb after
    Combat Application 8 - also Sense (also 7 gives Agility)
    Process Refinement 9 - also Sense
    Ergonomics 8 - for Agility, my following symb
    Mechanical Assistance 10 - also Agility
    Military Hardware 10 - time to put weapon
    Practical Application 9 - Tradeskills
    Ergonomics 9 - Int for trickledown
    Practical Application 10 - Int for trickledown
    Process Refinement 10 - Str, some trickledown
    Ergonomics 10 - proc
    Serendipity 10 - proc
    Combat Applications 10 - fling/grenade? the only ones completly useless to me.
    Last edited by muha; Dec 23rd, 2006 at 20:48:59.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Combat Applications 10 - fling/grenade? the only ones completly useless.
    usefull for rec3 pvper that use demo line

Quote Originally Posted by Stirb View Post
    usefull for rec3 pvper that use demo line
    Fixed, I meant useless to me.
    And I'm adding my voice to what IHaveHugeNick said. don't say you didn't know - both of us told you
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

pah...i was just going by the exact words, so profession avatars should have been free :P

Red face

Personally I trained Combat Apps first, since I am still lagging behind everyone and am still using my trusty rusty bacam... (More AR for the win!) I have no idea why the hell they put Fling Shot... >:[ In that line... only useful for twinking i guess.. as i dont have any IP in pistol fling etc in the first place... was guessing we where going to get some new grenade with fling shot on it in the ofab weapon rack but according to auno there is no grenade weapon added in patch 17.0.0, lovely if your a grenade user and use a Type 1 blow dryer...

Dont forget the ~500 damage proc that comes with CA (Drone Explosions)
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    Dont forget the ~500 damage proc that comes with CA (Drone Explosions)
    I trained this line mostly for this proc. And it's hairy.
    Add dmg is miserable. It fires off like twice a min, +1k dmg/min to my 120k+ output. Yay.
    Again - it have a problem similar to doc' debuffs. While running this prof and having self selected - I got nice 200-350 hit. Was quite funny, especially considering I was selecting self to health-stim myself when killing boss mob in inferno.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    I trained this line mostly for this proc. And it's hairy.
    Add dmg is miserable. It fires off like twice a min, +1k dmg/min to my 120k+ output. Yay.
    Again - it have a problem similar to doc' debuffs. While running this prof and having self selected - I got nice 200-350 hit. Was quite funny, especially considering I was selecting self to health-stim myself when killing boss mob in inferno.
    Wasn't this solved in 17.0.1? And if it's not solved, why doesn't anyone report it, you expect it solve itself?

I don't report things I didn't verified. And with my current schedule I'm a bit busy to actually play AO.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).